cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plan 3x rewards?

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Could anyone who switched to 90 day plan confirm that they got 3x reward instead of 1x?

126 REPLIES 126

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So seems there are two possible outcomes here:

1. Public Mobile credits 2 months rewards sometime within the 90 days period and then on next renewal its that credit + regular 3x rewards, so you end up paying less on the next renewal.

2. You forfeit 2/3 months worth of rewards, I guess, as a one time fee of sorts to have more data on your plan from now on.

@gpixel  I expect to see $57 at the end of 90 days not counting community reward $13 friend $4 loyalty 2auto pay 

add maybe $58 because I think hit my 5 year anniversary by the following renewal 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Veni wrote:

I already lost $4 for autopay.

$10 for loyalty. 

Let you know for the rest. 

I agree with everyone who said he has his doubts. 

Some got $6 for autopay. 

I got $2 for Autopay.

What else. It's clear. Need new plan or new glasses for Christmas? 

Good luck. Thanks.

@Veni  Was this plan change off schedule or part or normal renewal?  My changed to 90 day plan is queued up and it does show 1x rewards across the board when I renew in a couple weeks time.  This is why I will believe fact only, not what is discussed.  

Veni
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Keep dreaming. If not I'll get them from your account. E-transfer. 

I thank you for that. 

Good luck. 

@Veni   you were doing  a change plan now?

with Change plan now, PM will gives you back the rewards couple days later

and I still expecting you see a big "jackpot" on day 90  (all the rewards for the 90 days)

Veni

I already lost $4 for autopay.

$10 for loyalty. 

Let you know for the rest. 

I agree with everyone who said he has his doubts. 

Some got $6 for autopay. 

I got $2 for Autopay.

What else. It's clear. Need new plan or new glasses for Christmas? 

Good luck. Thanks.

@Veni  you would come back and tell us in 90 days if you didn't loss any rewards, right?  LoL. 

Veni

I did. PM defender's.

@Veni wrote:

i switched from 30 to 90 days I got $2 only. You have you doubts and you are 1000% right. 

Thanks for sharing. 

@Veni  you made the switch?

Veni

You won't. You'll get one month only.

Be aware. Thanks.

Veni

i switched from 30 to 90 days I got $2 only. You have you doubts and you are 1000% right. 

Thanks for sharing. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I guess with the regulars, we all need to  closely monitoring @computergeek541  and @Handy1 's experience and we can then tell everyone with certainty in 90 days.  (hopefully their experience are the same and we won't have a lengthy discussion why one acts this way and not the other one.. LoL) 

@computergeek541- That seems to corroborate a reply from support to Handy1 where they said that rewards will be credited every 30 days rather than all at the end of the 90 days. So we'll see. You're one of our early adopters then. I'm sure you'll let us all know your observations.

Weird that they would pay 3 months of one reward but properly only 1 month of another 2. This tech department around here leaves much to be desired.

the Autopay discount could act differently from other rewards.

I chexked @Handy1  upcoming bill screenshot, the Autopay discount is not shown there, too

@dust2dust wrote:

@computergeek541- Thanks. So apparently assumptions are all wrong. You're saying that upon that change at next renewal change to a 90 day plan from a 30 day plan that the day before the change a $6 autopay reward was paid in? And Loyalty, referrals? Community seems to have ended up on it's own schedule lately so I'll leave that out.

I seem to remember seeing some messy changes from 90 to 30 a while ago maybe on the last system update and tempting plans that pulled those 90 day folks away. But I think they all worked out somehow. Not missing.

I switched form a 30 day to 90 day plan recently. I got $6 autopay reward, but only 30 days worth of rewards for loyalty and RAF.  When I asked customer support agents about this, I was informed that I would receive more rewards in 30 days.  I have my doubts.

@computergeek541- Thanks. So apparently assumptions are all wrong. You're saying that upon that change at next renewal change to a 90 day plan from a 30 day plan that the day before the change a $6 autopay reward was paid in? And Loyalty, referrals? Community seems to have ended up on it's own schedule lately so I'll leave that out.

I seem to remember seeing some messy changes from 90 to 30 a while ago maybe on the last system update and tempting plans that pulled those 90 day folks away. But I think they all worked out somehow. Not missing.

@dust2dust wrote:

@CalvinW- This whole thread has been discussing that. The rewards are "post-paid". That is, they pay for the prior paid 30 days in this case. Then after changing to the new 90 day plan, 89 days later the X3 will pay in for the prior 90 days. So you pay for the plan up front as always and then the rewards are paid in at the end of the paid days.

I really don't rememberr what happened with the rewards when I went from a 90-day to a a 30-day plan in the past.  However, I will say that the reward payments don't seem to quite line up with the rewards being "postpaid" either.  When swtiching from a 30-day to a 90-day plan, Public Mobile's current systems are paying out the full $6 reward for pre-authorized payments.  That's a contradiction.

@CalvinW wrote:

@dust2dust Yes, x3 for 90 days is pretty clear but that's for subsequent renewals. I was asking about the initial switch, like the first payment after switching from 90 days to 30 days where only one month of rewards would be applied.

You won't receive 3x rewards for the initial payment for the 90-day rewards.  As to what will happen after that, this remains to be seen. The only answer that I haven't been given from Public Mobile states that rewards will be paid in 30 day increments.  However, this would be a large change to previous policies for those who have 90-day plans.

@CalvinW- This whole thread has been discussing that. The rewards are "post-paid". That is, they pay for the prior paid 30 days in this case. Then after changing to the new 90 day plan, 89 days later the X3 will pay in for the prior 90 days. So you pay for the plan up front as always and then the rewards are paid in at the end of the paid days.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust Yes, x3 for 90 days is pretty clear but that's for subsequent renewals. I was asking about the initial switch, like the first payment after switching from 90 days to 30 days where only one month of rewards would be applied.

@CalvinW- That seems pretty clear to me...X3 for 90 days. But I guess we'll wait and see what early adopters find in a month or 3.

CalvinW
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I confirmed with an agent. When switching from 30 day plan to 90 day plan, only a month worth of rewards will be applied and you won't be getting the missing 2 month of rewards back. I haven't had to contact public agents in a while, but is it me or are they really passive aggressive with their tone?

Screenshot 2023-06-11 at 2.44.44 PM.png

@gpixel- And I tend to think the other way. Not out of trust. Just from history. Could you point me to the oracle post saying that (without me going searching 🙂 ) ?

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@softech- Not $120. The first $30 will be used for the change over making the total outlay $87.

Adding- So of course I ended up looking at it. So renewing each month down to November 28th to last until the same time as the 90 day plan still comes out being $30 less overall...on the $44 cost too.

@gpixel I agree you have to pay more out of the pocket to jump start a 90 days plan on July 1.  You need to pay more because you are paying for a 90 days usage.  But you won't lost that2 months rewards and extra money you paid early. The come back as a $90 credit on the last day of the 90 days cycle

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@softech- Thanks again for second eyes. So remove the last renewal on both sides. Total $27 for the 30 days (or $42 if you like). That still leaves that 90 days at a total of $87 outlay. Up front. Now we see maybe gpixel has a balance that would get eaten up and then some.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

To make the table fair, the table should stop on Sept 28th without the next renewals , just show how much available fund left on both cases

Need Help? Let's chat.