cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day plan 3x rewards?

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Could anyone who switched to 90 day plan confirm that they got 3x reward instead of 1x?

126 REPLIES 126

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Thank you @softech . I'd been wondering what happened to the $39 plan that people were talking about. But I went along with it assuming it was scheduled. Still, I put that in my local copy and it still comes out to be less than half total outlay. And yes a little less data.

@gpixel- No, the credits each 30 days would make no difference. It still adds up to your $90 at the end. And of course all of this is for your specific case with your reasonably healthy rewards. Please let go of the thought of missing rewards. You won't. Maybe if I ran the spreadsheet out for a year then it might even out. You can do that. 🙂

@gpixel the table is Bias because there is a renewal for 30 day plan on Sept  29t for one month only., cycle ends Oct 29.

But the 90 days renewals on Sept 29th is for 3 months.  Of course you pay more., that cycle ends Dec!!

@gpixel the table just wrong with the monthly $39 , should be $44. 

The totally rewards on 30 or 90 days plan still $120!!

The 30GB is $44 for 30 days and $39 x 3 for 90

there is a different $39 plan but with 20GB only and no 90 days option and not offering anymore 

So, on the table, the monthly $39 should show $44

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel- Is this wrong? Or anyone? I think the numbers suggest that switching to the 90 from 30 is more costly.

CreditPlanRequired  CreditPlanRequired
June 30th30   June 30th30  
July 1st 399 July 1st 11787
July 30th30   July 30th   
July 31st 399 July 31st   
August 29th30   August 29th   
August 30th 399 August 30th   
September 28th30   September 28th90  
September 29th 399 September 29th 11727
Total outlay  36    114

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel   I think it would be better if PM actually put some sort of a blurb in My Account clarifying how the rewards will be impacted and allocated for customers switching from 30 to 90 days but yeah getting something in writing is a good idea too.

Johnovich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please let us know what they reply.

@gpixel ok

let's try again 

First , let's agree  rewards are earned  after a completetion of a cycle., NOT when cycle starts 

Assuming you have $30 rewards. Your next renewal is July 1st

on Jun 30th, Pm will deposit the $30 reward you earned on your Jun cycle.  PM does not care what plan you going next , they now deposit the credit in last day of the cycle 

For 30 days plan

• July 1st renewal .  $30 rewards areive on July 30th
  • July 31st renewal,  $30 rewards areive on August 28th
  • August 29th.          $30 rewards areive on Sept 28th

For a 90 days paln

• July 1st renewa    l $30x 3  rewards areive on August 28th

@gpixel 

I did that already check here 

Hey Handy1,

Thank you for contacting us!

I'm Christopher and I'll be more than glad to assist you.

If you're on a 30-day plan and you get 8$ in total in rewards per 30 days, you will get triple the amount on a 90-day plan.

However, with the new system, they will be applied each 30 days.

So basically, you make a payment each 90 days, but the system keeps applying the rewards as 8$ each 30 days.

When you reach the new renewal you will have accumulated 24$ in total.

If you need account-related information, I will need you to authenticate your account.

To authenticate, please provide me your Public mobile phone number and the 4-digit account security PIN.

Let me know what you think.

I await your reply.

Regards,

Christopher - Public Mobile CS_Agent

@Handy1 

lol no you can be the guinea pig. I'm asking an agent first. I want it in writing from the company

@gpixel- Of course it's your choice as to how you wish to manage your cash flow.

As I wrote the above and have removed other stuff, I pulled out the ol spreadsheet and...nevermind all of this. I think I see what you mean now. Having to pay that larger chunk up front to switch up to 90 days from 30 is more money. Rewards or not. Maybe starting out as a new sign up would be fine. Or little to no rewards like $7.

But you don't lose your rewards. Can we please put that to rest.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel  Yay @dabr  so @gpixel  does this mean you gonna make the switch I have mine sent to change in renewal don’t want to be the only Guinea pig around here LOL

@gpixel  At the end of the day if you have $50 re accruing in rewards every 30 days then even on the $3920GB  you giving up unused rewards .. so pay the piper up front for the remaining 2 months your stuck on . Then after next renewal you will see the $150 in rewards again and pay nothing and have the 10 extra GB . It essentially cost you nothing anyways 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel   I agree it's confusing but just don't think PM is trying to shortchange you or others because eventually  (after the first 90 days?) you should have more than 3x rewards in your account balance whatever amount that adds up to for you.

@gpixel- 6 to 1. You will pay $9 extra. Oh look...times 3 equals $27. 🙂

@gpixel  Yes assuming you get $50 in re accruing rewards now every 30 days 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@gpixel    I agree with others here that you don't lose any rewards, just that they get delayed a little because of the change to a 90 day payment cycle.

@gpixel  I agree with @dust2dust  explanation it’s how I came up with you laying $36 following renewal if you had re accruing $27 in rewards … also both our number will actually be less when you consider each $10 in rewards you have saves you and extra $1.50 from taxes 

Adding also none of that counts for any community rewards one earns either 

@gpixel but I think the initial startup, you just come off a 30 day plan, so you only earned the one month rewards  You didn't loss anything

then the 90 days plan starts.  Once done, you earn the 3 months rewards, you really didn't loss anything 

@gpixel wrote:

@dust2dust 

lol you're my boy blue!

i keep asking about the 2 months in rewards because it has a big impact on my account wether or not I receive that. those 2 months are around $60 in rewards that I will might lose out on

So you're getting $30 in rewards. Good for you. So you'll get that credited to your account before the next renewal if you schedule the change. So then that will require a payment of $87 on change. Then either each 30 days or at the end of the 90 days you will be credited $90 total assuming all remains equal with your rewards. Then if you don't spend your riches on add-ons in the meantime then your renewal will be the full 3x$39 plan cost minus your balance of $90 equalling $27 extra to be paid from your autopay or other means.

Adding - and thereafter.

@gpixel  I agree , but that’s price of admission . I look at it like this if I was new to pm just today took that plan I’d pay $117 up front … so it’s like we are too except we get to use our prior 30 day rewards to start , then each renewal after that we have 3x the rewards as we would expect to see and subtract from the $117 price 

@gpixel  You won’t just get 2 (60 day ) months after switching you will get 3 (90 day )1x reward every 30day 

Adding why I say it’s like we started if as new customers only we get to use are current 30 day reward to start instead of full $117 

@gpixel- Why do you keep mentioning 2 months? It's the previous 30 day rewards at change and then the accumulated 3x30 days at the end of the 90 day plan (adding - or possibly credited each 30 days). So I'll stick my neck out and be fine with being proven wrong in the next 3 months...yes. But obviously at this time that can not be guaranteed until we see the proof in the pudding.

Need Help? Let's chat.