cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Not Able to Receive Verification Code for the log ins

Andras1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I'm reaching out on behalf of my dad. He is trying to log into his phone account to see what the issue is, as to why he is not able to access his account/use his phone. 

However, he is unable to receive the text messages that go to his phone number. 

What other paths to verification are there if we don't have access to his phone number?

We get the email confirmations.

5 REPLIES 5

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If he is attempting to log in via his phone's web browser, has he attempted to log in via the incognito tab? That might resolve the issue with cache. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options.

Yummy_0-1696701701256.pngYummy_1-1696701711181.png

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Andras1 wrote:

Hi,

I'm reaching out on behalf of my dad. He is trying to log into his phone account to see what the issue is, as to why he is not able to access his account/use his phone. 

However, he is unable to receive the text messages that go to his phone number. 

What other paths to verification are there if we don't have access to his phone number?

We get the email confirmations.

@Andras1 

If your dad signed up with EverSafe login before, you can resend the text code and the website should offer email option.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Troubleshooting-Login-Issues-OTP-2FA-Ever...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Andras1 you can receive via email

just click Didnt receive code and then Send email would be an option there 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Andras1

I have to ask though. Did your dad just port over from another service?

Can’t get the 6 digit 2FA code to your phone? Try this method

First, sign into your account at www.publicmobile.ca and use the email you signed up with and the password. If it asks you for a 6 digit code, it will say at the top left CONFIRM YOUR IDENTITY.- Enter the 6- digit code sent to *********.  But it’s not working!!! As you see by the screen shot below, 1. Click the This is a trusted device. 2. Didn’t get the code? Click on that.

KennethJAdams_0-1696702076834.png

Then, the next window that pops up is this.

KennethJAdams_1-1696702076833.png

Click on Send email. Here it will send you the 6 digit code to the email you registered with. This step is very important. Do not just copy and paste. Enter each digit using your key pad.

You should now be able to get into your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.