Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

216 REPLIES 216

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech 

Bravo leaderboard is back?

@chainsawcowboy wrote:

So many new changes to get used to and so many replies to read! I better get stuck in and catch up! I only came here to find out about the new points program but it looks like I have to figure out the whole new community first. More work than I was counting on today.

@chainsawcowboy  save the reading about the new points program.  For many of us existing customers, there is indeed nothing much to read.. cos we are not switching. LoL

in a nutshell, 

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchase too)
  2. No more Loyalty reward, so no more $1/month up to $5/month.  Instead, they only give $10 every year on the anniversary. 
    So, for someone with right after the 1st year before 2nd year, the difference is $12 on that year compare with $10
    for someone with right after the 2nd year before 3rd year, the difference is $24 on that year compare with $10
    for someone with right after the 5th year, the difference is $60/year compare with $10/year
  3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,
    - add-ons are around 33% cheaper
    - you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically  you bet $1 and can win an iPhone  🙂

chainsawcowboy

I don't like the original post showing up on every page. That's a little redundant isn't it? I will slog on through.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chainsawcowboy 

There's a couple of threads about the points program. If you got the email saying you were switched it was an error. You haven't been and don't switch. It's not worth it....stay with rewards. Happy reading....theres a lot of it!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

chainsawcowboy

So many new changes to get used to and so many replies to read! I better get stuck in and catch up! I only came here to find out about the new points program but it looks like I have to figure out the whole new community first. More work than I was counting on today.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

I wish it could be hidden behind a spoiler so its there for easy reference and not easily confused when thinking it's the first page of the thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@darlicious     Ahh...yeah I know you can change the number of posts per page, but was hoping you knew how to get rid of OP's post appearing on every page.  😊   Oh well, I guess we have to learn to grin and bear it until PM decides (if) to tweak this new format!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dabr 

Lol...that would be useful. I should have been clearer.....I meant the amount of posts per page so there are less times that @carlaspapa  has to see the OP's post.

@darlicious  wrote:

"Long time no see. Welcome back. You can change that in your profile settings."

@darlicious     What setting allows for the first post (OP's) not to appear on every page of a thread?   I think that was @carlaspapa question.   That would be very useful to know.

@carlaspapa wrote:

Big changes here but why does the first post show upon every page? It takes up half my phone!

@carlaspapa , the site supposed to be mobile friendly  🤣

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@carlaspapa 

Long time no see. Welcome back. You can change that in your profile settings.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Big changes here but why does the first post show upon every page? It takes up half my phone!

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I haven't been on the Community for over a year now, and I definitely like this new look. Also like that it's more mobile friendly.  Definitely a good upgrade, I'll continue to check things out and will definitely provide any necessary feedback.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

I've been fighting losing battle for 2 1/2 years now but I still open my big mouth when the opportunity occurs.....just an FYI.🤔

Zyl

@darlicious  I am fine with moving threads from one board to another if the thread is determined as better belonging to one board vs. another but creating duplicate threads in two different boards with some specific replies is just too much, in my opinion.  It creates confusion and completely ruins the integrity of the forum which I feel is most important.  And as with the new changes that threads in The Lounge no longer receiving bravo's that would count towards the calculation of the community rewards, I would leave it for Public Mobile to further confirm.  Ultimately it's Public Mobile's decision, but since moving threads/replies to The Lounge now carries the unfortunate side-effect of denying rewarding of members' efforts if that indeed is the case, since that directly impacts a member's payment to Public Mobile's service, then moving threads/replies from other boards to "The Lounge" board should only be carried out by Public Mobile employees, CS_Agents as rewarding community rewards that directly impacts a customer's payment is a business decision that only Public Mobile is entitled to make and carry out and no one else.  That's why I would like to request please all of the bravo's lost due to this move for all of the members' replies that were moved be reinstated and counted towards the calculation of their community rewards and in the future, I would like to suggest if all of the moving of threads/replies from other boards to "The Lounge" board be carried out by Public Mobile's employees only, if possible.     

Hope this helps and thank you.   

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

Unfortunately once moved to the lounge posts and their accompanying bravos no longer count towards your community reward. Formally at least the posts would be recorded in your personal stats. This longer occurs as evidenced by the loss of the pop up when clicking on holding on a members name which in itself was very helpful as a quick reference to see how long a member has been with the community which would help on how you would tailor questions to that member and help determine the nature of their problem.

I have fought for a long time to keep lounge topics/threads about "everything else not related to pm, phones and such" but those who move threads decide that if posts are not about getting support and receiving support then they belong in the lounge as well which blurs the line about the purpose of the lounge. When new members then observe the thread titles in the lounge and see plenty of phone and public mobile threads they pose their questions in the lounge impeding their ability to get support and if they are eventually moved the post flag clutters up the lounge with more misnamed titles and will start to make the lounge look like the doomed community board....a moved thread graveyard.

@J_PM 

Perhaps you can ask oracles to be less stringent in what they feel is or isn't support and stick to keeping threads in the boards as per their descriptions vs the intention of the thread. Or have a "share ideas" board that is related to phones, public mobile and the community but isn't a direct get support or help on this problem I'm having affecting my service.....discussions that have merit and can help create community engagement.

Zyl

@pm-smayer97   It's to minimize all the efforts of moving threads all over the place across different categories within a board.  I like its basic layout.  It's not too bad.  It's easy to read and navigate.  It's easier to be kept up to date when you are aware of all of the most recent questions being posed and allow one to reply in a more timely manner and the related topic/threads stated to the one under discussion are more recent and relevant instead of ones from several months ago.  All the replies are easier to be kept track of.  Aside from some of the issues and possible improvements that I have mentioned in my suggestions, the new format is pretty good.  So far, no spam!!  🙂

Zyl

@Nezgar wrote:

@Zyl wrote:

The enlargement of the text box does NOT work btw.  I tried it to extend it with the little triangle and the text box still maintains the same size just so you know. 

On mobile (Chrome, Android) I cannot resize the box. There isn't even a handle in the bottom right corner of the text box. I think this is no different than how it used to be. On PC (Windows, Firefox) I can indeed drag the handle in the bottom right corner, but only vertically; not horizontally. Maybe test with some different browsers?

Not even on Chrome on desktop.  I currently am using Chrome on desktop and I am not able to resize the textbox still, not horizontally or vertically, just not at all. 

Zyl

@J_PM  Hi Jade, I have two questions regarding the moving around of topics on the community forum and how it's related to the bravo's received. 

1.  Can I ask a thread not to be split between multiple boards to create duplicate threads in more than one board as this disrupts the flow of the conversation and causes much confusion because the conversations are coming out of nowhere and also affects the relevancy of the topic under discussion.  

2.   If some of the posts from a topic that was originally in the "Get Support" board but were subsequently moved to the "The Lounge" board, do we lose all of the bravo's that we received previously on the replies to the topic when it was previously in the "Get Support" board after the topic was moved to the "The Lounge" board? 

What happened was a member had posted a question regarding seeing some of his payments taken by Public Mobile posted as "Public Parking Garage" on his credit statements and was concerned about the payment's validity and authenticity.  The question was originally posted in the "Get Help" board as in this link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/PM-shows-as-Public-parking-garage/td-p/77...

And in providing support to the member, the conversation had turned into a discussion of this description of "Public Parking Garage" and also how it might be related to Public Mobile's operation but still pertaining to Public Mobile an its payment system and yet these specific replies were moved to the "The Lounge" board under a duplicate thread with the same title but just with these replies out of nowhere all by themselves:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Re-PM-shows-as-Public-parking-garage/m-p/7...

I am not sure why these particular posts were moved as they were still pertaining to the same topic under discussion.  To me the move really disrupted the flow of the conversation and the moved replies really served no purpose in the "The Lounge" board all by themselves except created a distorted view of the conversation for anyone who chose to read the conversations.  I have observed some zealous efforts before in moving of topics/threads across different categories in order to improve their relevancy and meaningfulness and given the multiple categories under one board in the old community forum, those efforts made sense but with this new community forum where there are no more multiple categories under the "Get Support" board, there is no more need to move threads around and especially even part of a topic/thread basically splitting an otherwise intact thread into disjointed multiple threads scattered across multiple boards.  And the moving of the replies the "The Lounge" is not even warranted as they still pertain to the discussion of Public Mobile's operation and its payment system, although light-hearted and they don't really belong to "The Lounge" which is a board reserved for the discussion of any topics not related to phones. So I would like to ask please if this practice of moving selected replies to a topic or thread across different boards be curtailed for the future.     

2.  I have also noticed that all of the bravo's received on the replies moved to "The Lounge" have disappeared.  Are they still registered in the system in terms of the community reward calculation?  If they don't anymore due to this move and due to replies in "The Lounge" board no longer receiving "bravo's", can I ask them to be reinstated and be counted towards the community reward calculation please?  I feel these are still genuine and bona fide participation with original replies by community members with discussions still pertaining to Public Mobile's operation and payment system and providing support to the member who posed the question thereby deserving to be counted towards community reward.  Please clarify and confirm.         

Thank you 

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl wrote:

The enlargement of the text box does NOT work btw.  I tried it to extend it with the little triangle and the text box still maintains the same size just so you know. 

On mobile (Chrome, Android) I cannot resize the box. There isn't even a handle in the bottom right corner of the text box. I think this is no different than how it used to be. On PC (Windows, Firefox) I can indeed drag the handle in the bottom right corner, but only vertically; not horizontally. Maybe test with some different browsers?

Zyl

@Yummy wrote:

1. >>> - Make the edit reply box bigger

You can do that your yourself grabbing bottom right corner and dragging it down. It can go indefinitely as you scroll main screen.

Yummy_0-1642692394550.png

2, >>> -Include a function to delete a reply

Idea is good but that will lead to 'abuse' by some members. They will post reply, few people will correct or negatively comment it and OP will delete it and conversation track will be lost. You would see few 'funny' replies not knowing what they reply to.

Decent solution is just to admit your mistake, cross the wording and either correct your reply or leave as is. (crossed).

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Lol....that glitches tag took me to a forbidden page and kicked me out the community and closed my browser! What the heck is with that?! 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@softech 

Anyone who spends some time digging around the community will come across all kinds of informative posts/threads on how to do stuff, or save money by purchasing a device outright rather than on a contract, make your own pm app, 3G and 4G explained or the approximate timeline for badges and promotions from town hero to deputy mayor. And many threads congratulating oneself for achieving a bravo milestone with accompanying bravos all in the "get support" board.

I'm only asking for consistency and fairness and if not at least drop the "share ideas" part of the motto and stick to the "Get answers, Ask questions?"

@darlicious Well said.  

But I notice Jade usually won't openly answer question like this.    Let's hope we get some response from her this time.  We need to know the official stance of PM.   

and sadly, this is happening faster than you think:  "...the destructive forces of greed and selfishness take over to taint the altruistic co-operative foundation of the original community"

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

I need some clarification on what and where certain topics should be posted in the community. The messaging is confusing despite the simplifying of the community into three basic boards.

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

The links supplied above also describe the boards in this manner:

Board Name What It's For

Get SupportIf you have any question that is Public Mobile related, our Get Support board is the place to find answers. No support question is off limits, here you will find topics for: Rewards, Certified Pre-owned Phones, Service, Payment, My Account and more!
AnnouncementsHere you’ll find posts by the Public Mobile Community Team, including important announcements about the Community and Public Mobile.
The LoungeWant to talk about your interests, hobbies, or anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? Check out The Lounge for fun topics with other Community members.

The community's motto which has changed slightly from "The place to get help, give help and share ideas." to the current "Find answers, ask questions and share ideas." I find it interesting that the last part of the motto has not changed "...and share ideas." but the interpretation of those three words by the members (the oracles) that hold the absolute power to decide how they catergorize and where they choose any post or thread will reside either in Get Support or the Lounge or possibly Announcements has no clear definitions. It's solely based on personal opinion and somewhat on directions communicated to the Oracle Team from pm management.

A regular community member cannot start a topic traditionally as you would in the other two boards in Announcements by asking a question but rather can only reply like I have here. That aside a community member basically has the choice of two boards to post or ask their question in....Get Support or The Lounge. These two boards' definitions seem pretty obvious its either about public mobile, phones, the mobile/cellular industry and the community and posted in Get Support or the topic encompasses everything else in life not related to the Get Support boards definition and therefore to be posted in The Lounge.

However it seems to me that community members are divided into two distinct groups of community members : the Helpers (regulars) and the Helpees (members/customers seeking help). However unless a helper posts a question that needs an answer and ideally a solution their post/thread is nearly always moved to lounge regardless of whether the thread is now miscatergorized and off topic and creating confusion for new members who post their Get Support questions in The Lounge and hindering their ability to get timely support.

The issue I have that needs clarification is when a member takes the time to author a helpful post that answers a "phone" get support question before it's asked it gets unceremoniously moved to the lounge whereas if the question was asked then the post would informatively answer the question. But these kind of posts take time to compose and the question asked would have a dozen replies and an accepted solution of "Ask a CSA your question just click this link." before it would even be close to being posted.

The community is a wealth of information with its most knowledgable members often experts in their field or curious and tenacious community detectives who troublehoot and test their way to a workaround, a solution or a eureka moment that they share with the community for the greater benefit of all. That is the backbone of the community's strength, it's original spirit of collaboration and crowd sourced solutions and support.

And why tagging plays such an important role in keeping these kind of posts, ideas, discoveries and knowledge available at our fingertips to build on and share with new members who may take over leadership roles within the community once current members or oracles pass the torch onto the fresh brood of community service minded volunteers. Why this natural progression seems to be stifled under current narrow minded views is beyond me.

The more resistance the community runs up against as it tries to move forward, grow and adapt to change is the very thing that the Oracle Team fears the most and is trying to prevent by tightly controlling the community's voice.....the destructive forces of greed and selfishness take over to taint the altruistic co-operative foundation of the original community and public mobile's online only business model begins to crumble and they become just another cheap but crappy prepaid mobile provider.

@NDesai wrote:

@Zyl @pm-smayer97 Please keep the new community feedback within this thread. I have merged your topics into this thread. Jade and other PM staff are regularly check-in here which will help them see issues currently we are struggling with. 

you're kidding right? This forum "layout" is horrible. There is no obvious organization to "keep ... within a thread".

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Zyl @pm-smayer97 Please keep the new community feedback within this thread. I have merged your topics into this thread. Jade and other PM staff are regularly check-in here which will help them see issues currently we are struggling with. 

@pm-smayer97  -  a bit more cumbersome, I would say. Takes some getting used to, and still not quite there yet. 

Hard to follow a particular topic or thread more than before.

But, hey the bright side, a Plus - Private Messages finally are attached to each other on replies and sends (so an actual thread). Yeah! 🙂

@0PX9O4 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

Labels or "tags" are still present, as are the three forums: Get Support, Lounge, and Announcements.

BUT labels are NOT from the main page...

Need Help? Let's chat.