cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShawnC13
Oracle

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@Jb456 wrote:

Wish PM would make a @Oracle that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

@Jb456, it has been mentioned before.  Unfortunately right now someone has registered an account in the community with that username lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  haha oops didn't realize. Then PMoracle. 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Wish PM would make a @Oracle that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

@Jb456   I was just thinking about something like that would be very useful. 

@ShawnC13  couldn't the @Oracle name be tweeked a little to maybe something similar like @allOracles to allow for an easy tag to any of the oracles available?

ShawnC13
Oracle

@dabr@Jb456  for sure anything is possible, and like I said it was something that was talked about a couple of years ago to have that tag created to get to all the Oracles at once.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@dabr@Jb456  for sure anything is possible, and like I said it was something that was talked about a couple of years ago to have that tag created to get to all the Oracles at once.

@ShawnC13  A couple of years ago?  Perhaps might be time to re-submit the idea to the current management team again?

mimmo
Oracle

@Jb456  pretty sure the 25% is just the bare minimum. From there I'm sure they will look at posts , solutions, overall community involvement, post demeanour etc.

I think they want to cast a wide enough net to make sure all people that are interested can apply. If it was limited to say top 10% over 12 months the list would get pretty short fast.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@Jb456, it has been mentioned before.  Unfortunately right now someone has registered an account in the community with that username lol

Just like domain names I am sure that user names can be purchased from the owner for the right price. Since this is on a PM site I suggest opening the discussion to take back the username with an offer of $2.

AE_Collector

@Jb456 wrote:

Goodluck to those that are applying. To bad Gblackma hasn't been around for awhile now. Sure hope he's ok!

Hey Melinda. Could I just get access to the edit feature to remove people's personal info so I don't have to bug computergeek all the time? Lol

I don't mind as long as there isn't an expectation for me to do it.  If I don't notice the tag, don't see the personal information, or if I'm not online, it might not get done immediately.   If I happen to be online and notice the information, removing it is easy enough.

NDesai
Oracle

Doors are open again! All the best to all candidates. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

@RosieR wrote:

@Melinda_H this is nice, but I don't believe you need more oracles.  What you need are forum moderators who can oversea the forums and ready to organize among themselves so that the forum has a forum moderator present 24/7.  This can be done.  We have members from east to west.  These are volunteers, no financial gains, but are just passionate about keeping personal information deleted as soon as posted in the forums.  Recently, it took more than 2 hours for personal information to be removed by a PM moderator.  Where were the oracles then?  As I was told, they have lives.  Well, there are retired people like me who may or may not have lives who would want to volunteer to see the forum posters follow the forum rules.  

To summarize, PM needs forum moderators, not more oracles.

Thank you for reading.

RosieR

There has never been a requirement for Oracles to remove posted personal information. If personal information remains for a prolonged time, that's on the member who posted it and on Public Mobile themselves.

As for moderator-like activities, members also need to understand that when someone who has such abilities makes a decision, it shouldn't be openly quetsioned, but rather be done privately.  Of course I can make mistakes, but for example, if someone asks me to move something and I happen to agree with that person, someone else coming in and literally arguing with me about it is the type of thing that makes me not even want to come to Community any longer. 

As for having more people who can perform such tasks, I don't agree with that. There were still be instances of personal information remaing.  If you're thinking that you people have such abilities should have shifts so that there is always someone online looking for that, you need to pay these peopple. At that point, these people become employees.

Need Help? Let's chat.