Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dabr
Mayor / Maire

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@sa7375 wrote:

@RosieR 

Pardon my disagreeing to agree. The fencing at the Golden Gate bridge hasn't eliminated suicides, nor will the omnipresence of a moderator stop people posting personal info on this forum. 

I'll however endorse your view to a degree by suggesting to @Melinda_H to improve the community software, so that when a person is scripting a post, a red warning sign be flashed to display "Please do not post any personal info, like your name, phone number etc."

Despite that extra caution though I'm sure some will still jump! 😊

@Melinda_H   I do think this is a very important point that there should be some sort of warning users get before they start posting their personal information, especially since new users maybe totally unaware that this forum is open to anyone who happens to be online.  

I would add this warning should also be there when potential customers are selecting their Community username with a warning to never use their real name or tel. number as their username. 

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Ideally this could be a bold red message that comes up the first several times a user posts anything on the forum and then stops as they have stayed around and posted more frequently. 99% of these errors in judgement when posting will be posts from new members on the community who have a problem so post too much info. This is assuming that it would be take more sophisticated software to recognize and respond to patterns of email address and phone numbers being posted. 

AE_Collector

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@z10user4 wrote:

Who would want this responsibility and can meet the criteria all for a mere 20 bucks and some brand swag? Are the other intangibles worth it?

As a paid job maybe. But for 20 bucks and these occasional public airing of grievances??...

I certainly don't think it all needs to be nearly as formal as it's being made out to be for the $20.

@z10user4 I couldn't agree more.  It sounds like the oracle role is changing more and more to a part-time job with no pay.  (Would anyone here be willing to work a job that took more than an hour or two a month for $20/month?  I doubt it.)  I'm not sure why anyone would step up at this point. I know I'm quite grateful I stepped down when I did.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@srlawren wrote:@z10user4 I couldn't agree more.  It sounds like the oracle role is changing more and more to a part-time job with no pay.  (Would anyone here be willing to work a job that took more than an hour or two a month for $20/month?  I doubt it.)  I'm not sure why anyone would step up at this point. I know I'm quite grateful I stepped down when I did.

@srlawren @z10user4 I can't imagine doing all that work for $20 and on top of that seeing people suggesting that they should also arrange among themselves to cover 24/7. The moderators whose job it is to be here don't even cover that. It's nice that the Oracles like to come on here, help out, clean up, sudo moderate etc. It's easy for me, sitting in the cheap seats, to suggest that they should be here 24/7 out of the goodness of their heart (I mean they do get stickers right????). By having them arrange to be here 24/7 you are making it a job and a very poorly paid one at that. Generally they are here when they manage and I appreciate all they do and learn from them when I can.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Now if they threw in a brand new cell. (A decent one, not cheapy) I'd consider lol.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Now if they threw in a brand new cell. (A decent one, not cheapy) I'd consider lol.

@Jb456 How about a brand new to you, refurbished iPhone SE?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mvhaha  from 2016 no thank you. Lol.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

@kb_mvhaha  from 2016 no thank you. Lol.

@Jb456 You know you get stickers with that right?

ShawnC13
Oracle

It is all about helping people, the rewards are a bonus and a nice one at that

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv  ya stickers to put on my new phone 😃

Need Help? Let's chat.