cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We’re expanding our Oracle team!

Melinda_H
Customer Support Agent

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share - we're looking to grow our Oracle program!

As Public Mobile continues to grow and expand, we're hoping to do the same with our Oracle program; not only are we looking for new and exciting opportunities for Oracles to get more involved with the Community and with Public Mobile, we are also looking to expand our Oracle team. 

We're looking to add passionate, knowledgeable Oracles to the team, and we would especially love to add diversity and representation from those that are bilingual French speakers, so we can better support our Community. 

The Oracle program is designed to recognize our most active and helpful Community members who are passionate and knowledgeable about all things Public Mobile, enjoy helping others, and are interested in providing feedback & participating in ideation with Public Mobile.

This time around, we'll be trying something new and will be using an application process to allow all who are interested to apply should you meet the criteria below:

Who we're looking for:

• Friendly, welcoming, positive individuals that want to make the Community a better place & help others
  • An active member of the Community for the past 12 months (you should be a top 25% contributor or higher for roughly 9 of the last 12 months)
  • Someone who is able to take on a minimum commitment of 1 year to the Oracle program
  • Individuals who want to be representatives of the Public Mobile Community, and who maintain and uphold our Community guidelines

Our expectations of Oracles:

Oracles are expected to be an active, involved member of the Community, and will be responsible for:

• Providing Community support such as answering questions and helping other members
  • Maintaining the Community by keeping it organized
  • Providing feedback & participating in beta testing and research sessions with Public Mobile 

What’s in it for you:

• Being the first to know about official Public Mobile news
  • Sneak-peeks at new Public Mobile projects and initiatives
  • Opportunities to provide feedback and weigh in on upcoming Public Mobile projects
  • Events with the Public Mobile team
  • Occasional Public Mobile swag
  • Oracle Community badge 
  • Unique Community privileges 
  • And last, but not least, a $20 Community Reward every 30 days!

Does the above sound like something you'd be interested in? If so, we'd love to hear from you via our application form here; please apply by Thursday December 3rd. We will be reaching out to the successful candidates later in the month to chat about next steps! 

- Public Mobile Community Team

227 REPLIES 227

Also think the criteria should be higher than 25%. That can be achieved by new members simply starting topics asking questions about their data,etc. Or simply posting short one line answers (sometimes incorrect or hours /days after the post has been resolved) plus the famous reply of "thank you". One member in June or July hit 25% for a total of 41 posts. 2 or 3 were topics started asking their own questions, replying individually to each person that responded, a few incorrect answers to some threads and giving feedback of a store they purchased their sim at.

Criteria should also have something to do with solutions. An average per month as well as an average of hours spent on the forums.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Good luck to all applicants.  Interesting that those who might be short listed are keeping really quiet.  Perhaps they are busy preparing the application.  

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H this is nice, but I don't believe you need more oracles.  What you need are forum moderators who can oversea the forums and ready to organize among themselves so that the forum has a forum moderator present 24/7.  This can be done.  We have members from east to west.  These are volunteers, no financial gains, but are just passionate about keeping personal information deleted as soon as posted in the forums.  Recently, it took more than 2 hours for personal information to be removed by a PM moderator.  Where were the oracles then?  As I was told, they have lives.  Well, there are retired people like me who may or may not have lives who would want to volunteer to see the forum posters follow the forum rules.  

To summarize, PM needs forum moderators, not more oracles.

Thank you for reading.

RosieR

Goodluck to those that are applying. To bad Gblackma hasn't been around for awhile now. Sure hope he's ok!

Hey Melinda. Could I just get access to the edit feature to remove people's personal info so I don't have to bug computergeek all the time? Lol

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Melinda_H 

I've noticed that the announcement for the French-language Community website has been forgotten. 

Great news for all those looking to apply!!  I can be bribed pretty easily (yes this is a joke and no I don't pick who makes it)

Best of luck to all that apply!!

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@Melinda_H 

I've noticed that the announcement for the French-language Community website has been forgotten. 

sa7375
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

To the potential applicants  ❤️

Best-Wishes-for-Interview.jpg

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

It has been so long since any Oracles were added I had almost forgotten about the vacancies!

Good luck to everyone who applies!

AE_Collector

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Melinda_H 

That is an exciting opportunity for the many longer time members who are passionate about this Community. 

I'll not be one them for quite awhile yet (passionate, but fairly new to it).

Has there been consideration given to an anonymous polling/ feedback mechanism by non-eligible Community members towards the eventual short-listing or selection?

Yes, but was abandoned to elevate technical prowess over beside manner.  😎

Curmudgeon Cartoon.jpg

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well with those criteria it would seem that one or more of either LovesToPM, Jb456 and Lieux (although not a whole lot in English..but on occasion) would be shoe-ins. Go for it.

@LovesToPM wrote:

Hmm very interesting and exciting announcement indeed!

I'm sure the current Oracles and PM could use some helping hands.
I can think of a few candidates who would qualify. 😊

@LovesToPM   Hmm...aren't you proficient in French?  Sounds like you meet most of the qualifications 😊 but yeah I can think of a few too.  Good luck to those interested!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This would be a great opportunity for those who are interested.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Exciting!  Since there weren't any new Oracles introduced last December/January, I'm sure many members were wondering when the next round of appointments would occur.  

Best of luck to all who apply.

Best of luck to all all interested applicants. There will certainly be a bunch if names to consider.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hmm very interesting and exciting announcement indeed!

I'm sure the current Oracles and PM could use some helping hands.
I can think of a few candidates who would qualify. 😊

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Wow that sounds great

There are so many community members here that qualify I'm sure you won't have hard time finding people fitting the profile. I can think of at least 3, though some may not be elbowing their way to the top ranks but are definitely present and helpful almost daily since I first came here.

I was also thinking the other day how much work the present Oracle have in their lap too.

Thanks for the great opportunity

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

That is an exciting opportunity for the many longer time members who are passionate about this Community. 

I'll not be one them for quite awhile yet (passionate, but fairly new to it).

Has there been consideration given to an anonymous polling/ feedback mechanism by non-eligible Community members towards the eventual short-listing or selection?

Need Help? Let's chat.