cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@Jb456 wrote:

Also think the criteria should be higher than 25%. That can be achieved by new members simply starting topics asking questions about their data,etc. Or simply posting short one line answers (sometimes incorrect or hours /days after the post has been resolved) plus the famous reply of "thank you". One member in June or July hit 25% for a total of 41 posts. 2 or 3 were topics started asking their own questions, replying individually to each person that responded, a few incorrect answers to some threads and giving feedback of a store they purchased their sim at.

Criteria should also have something to do with solutions. An average per month as well as an average of hours spent on the forums.

I agree that it doesn't take much to earn top 25% in a month, but people are free to participate as much or as little as they wish. Someone who has successfully answered a relatively small amount of 5 questions and helped fixed a problem is someone who has contributed.

I see the top 25% requirement as more to do with to do with not being able to keep the title while never logging in, but not to penalize someone becuase they suddenly have less time for work or personal reasons, or for simply going on vacation. 

Mayor / Maire

computergeek541 twigs a thought in my feeble brain. A distinction can be made with this kind of forum and a hobby forum or some kind of enthusiast forum. This is a forum supporting a commercial enterprise. The others are like-minded folks with a keen interest in the topic of the forum. Some of those forums _can_ have a commercial element but their focus is the topic.

@Jb456 wrote:

Wish PM would make an @"Oracle" that sends a notification to all Oracle's instead of tagging each name individually.

Edit - seems someone has that username. So "PMoracle".

This was asked of Public Mobile before. The response was that it couldn't be done because it would require a seperate username to be created. 

If you're going to make it so that Oracles have to log into two sepearte accounts, the positiion slowly becomes a job.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

oooops sorry

@RosieR wrote:

short answer - I beg your pardon?  removing personal information in the forums is not the job of oracles?  Whose job is it then?  So, as far as you are concerned ...

"If personal information remains for a prolonged time, that's on the member who posted it and on Public Mobile themselves." 

Oracles have never been informed that they need to remove personal information, and this has always been completely voluntary. Also, an Oracle may not have noticed that some personal information has not yet been removed. Members need to take responsibilty for when they post information that shouldn't be posted, while I do agree that Public Mobile could make it more clear that anybody can read the infromation on this forum. The reason for this being on Public Mobile has to do with that they are the ones providing the service and this website, and because of the moderators being paid employees.

Mayor / Maire

@RosieR : I'm just glad it's not just me you seem to get all adversarial on.

This whole show is all Public Mobile. Everybody else are customers. Some have earned some stripes over the others and therefore have been granted some special privileges over the system.

This is a corporate support enterprise here. Not a Corvette enthusiasts forum.

@computergeek541 I apologize. 

@z10user4 wrote:

@RosieR : I'm just glad it's not just me you seem to get all adversarial on.

This whole show is all Public Mobile. Everybody else are customers. Some have earned some stripes over the others and therefore have been granted some special privileges over the system.

This is a corporate support enterprise here. Not a Corvette enthusiasts forum.

@z10user4 no, not just you.  LOL  I understand that these members are deserving of the honourable titles.  they have earned it.  I didn't mean to disrespect.  

Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  I meant @.  Oracle's as a distribution list. In your work place for example if you email office@blahblah.com...then it's sent to the entire offices personal email. I'm sure PM has some set up as such 🤔 like  moderators. Anyways I type @"Oracle's and the notification goes to PCgeek, shawnC, luditte, willy, ndesai. Then whoever is online, if any, looks at it.

Although I am not sure of Oracle's tasks as sometimes I see an oracle posting on other threads at the same time as a thread that has personal info and even tagging them in it they don't do anything about it. That part gets frustrating.

I mainly tag you in things as I know at least you will get to it eventually whenever you come back online. I can't say the same things for other Oracle's though (not all but some). I've seen one post I asked you to merge due to it being a duplicate then later on as the thread continued an oracle also responded but did not merge the threads. So things like that is the reason I mainly tag you into the thread as I know eventually you'll get to it.

If I speak freely I don't really like this thread. Having to write an application to apply to be an Oracle 🤣. I think it's kind of a slap in the face. PM should know who possibly meets the requirements and should take the first step in the process. A " Hey we noticed you have been doing great on the forums. We'd like you to apply to be an Oracle". Not "hey community anyone that been here for awhile and has had 25% or higher range for last 12 months please apply for a spot. Kind of a joke if you ask me without PM never acknowledging anyone (besides a silly standard generic message each month for rewards that does not even mention you) but never something personal like a private message saying thanks for your contributions. 

Anyways so everyone knows JB456 is not applying but he would really like to be given the edit function for personal information removal 😀. As for PM requirements for this application/ job interview lol fluent in English/French & partial Spanish. On these forums most days for hours. Sometimes 14 hours and average 40 to 60 solutions per month.

Best of luck to all those who apply 👍

Oracle

Ok because the french forum is not invited...🤪... I am happy to tell you that I will be happy to pass a french exam who would apply to the application of oracles. Give your name.😉

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.