cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@Jb456 wrote:

Although I am not sure of Oracle's tasks as sometimes I see an oracle posting on other threads at the same time as a thread that has personal info and even tagging them in it they don't do anything about it. That part gets frustrating.

I mainly tag you in things as I know at least you will get to it eventually whenever you come back online. I can't say the same things for other Oracle's though (not all but some). I've seen one post I asked you to merge due to it being a duplicate then later on as the thread continued an oracle also responded but did not merge the threads. So things like that is the reason I mainly tag you into the thread as I know eventually you'll get to it.

If I speak freely I don't really like this thread. Having to write an application to apply to be an Oracle 🤣. I think it's kind of a slap in the face. PM should know who possibly meets the requirements and should take the first step in the process. A " Hey we noticed you have been doing great on the forums. We'd like you to apply to be an Oracle". Not "hey community anyone that been here for awhile and has had 25% or higher range for last 12 months please apply for a spot. Kind of a joke if you ask me without PM never acknowledging anyone (besides a silly standard generic message each month for rewards that does not even mention you) but never something personal like a private message saying thanks for your contributions. 

There are times when an Oracle might not agree that a thread needs to be moved or merged, and there could also be times that Oracles don't wish to get involved during a specific situation. Also, if someone who only has a few minutes to spare at that moment might not wish to peform forum housekeeping at that point in time. 

As for the application, this isn't how it was done before. Members here already know that from previous Oracle promotion rounds. In the past, members were contacted and offered the position. Those contacted were then free to say yes or no. 

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 I nominate you for President!  Yay!

old woman with sign.jpg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541  if you ask some on here. It's easy to see that some Oracle's do more than other's. Than you have retired Oracle's that do more than Oracle's.

I think PM should do a review of the current Oracle's before adding more Oracle's. I'm sure @darlicious  would agree. 

Anyways good luck to those applying. An easy free $20. Prior to last time Oracle's were removed a few went half a year collecting $20 for hardly being on.

I just want the edit feature.

ShawnC13
Oracle

This is an announcement thread looking for candidates and such, can the other off topic stuff be handled in a different thread?  There was already one created let's keep this one clean and on the topic.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

As for the application, this isn't how it was done before. Members here already know that from previous Oracle promotion rounds. In the past, members were contacted and offered the position. Those contacted were then free to say yes or no. 

I've only seen one expansion draft. It was a nomination method. All the regulars pitched in their nominations of who they thought would be worthy. Then the company did as you said...invited whichever ones. So the regulars basically did the shortlisting for them. Then they accepted or not. Others got thanks but sorry messages.

@RosieR : I agree. I think Jb456 would be terrific. Then he can edit 'til his heart's content. No Jb456...I don't think just anybody should be able to edit anybody else's post. You're asking to be a moderator (Oracle). I think you would be great.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@ShawnC13  ok shawny boy you're the Oracle do you're merging to the lounge. If people can't reply to how they feel about a thread then what's the point? 

@RosieR  posted a valid point regarding personal information and you shot her to another thread might as well do the same with my posts. Rosie did have a valid point tho. What are Oracle's tasks? I've asked that in April as well and basically seems like do whatever they want and collect a free $20. 

Let's see out of the Oracle's.

One mostly does merges.

One does all the solutions.

Mostly two but 3 n 4 when free will edit personal info.

One is hardly on. Maybe under 20 posts a month and a 2nd is pretty close to it.

Two like to take things personal all the time and back each other up.

One likes to use Oracle powers for their own benefit. 

All are discombobulated and are not on the same page.

So yes throw my posts to the lounge. It'll be the most you merged in months 😂

mimmo
Oracle

@Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@Jb456   i feel left out.  was that on purpose ??  🙂  do i need to read into it?  🙂

anyways i wanted to discuss your merging issue.    merging is not an "easy" feat as simply moving a thread from one place to another. You need to know the message id  of the post you want to merge to this involves opening couple windows/tabs which on a desktop is not that complicated but truthfully it is rather cumbersome to do especially when you are on a moblie device.  is not quick nor easy.  

ShawnC13
Oracle

@Jb456 first it is Shawn and not Shawny Boy, just asking people to try and stay on the topic that is all.  You sure get fired up pretty quick with a very innocent comment like that. 

As well I don't think the edit feature should be given out past a select group that PM has designated to have it as I think it could get abused.

Stay Safe

Edited to add: I left Rosies post in the Original thread I moved our further discussion to a new thread and she seemed happy with that I didn't shoot her down at all but have had a very lengthy respectful discussion with her.

I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click the  in the bottom right to create a trouble ticket *

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@RosieR : I agree. I think Jb456 would be terrific. Then he can edit 'til his heart's content. No Jb456...I don't think just anybody should be able to edit anybody else's post. You're asking to be a moderator (Oracle). I think you would be great.

@z10user4 yes JB would be a great forum moderator.  He is always here and ready to help and won't stop helping until he is understood or the poster understood his lecture.. or until the cows come home. jk JB.  Although JB is an excellent candidate for oracle, he said he just want to be able to edit personal information. lol

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Re: @Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@mimmo  You're right. I did not really include you as you have always been straight arrow and don't take things personal. Unlike some that when I get off kilter (or however that is pronounced) get all in a tissy. Then it's the same Oracle names jumping down your throat. 

The only point I am trying to get across is if there is 5 Oracle's. They (Yes I know you guys say it's not my job but I do it) should be doing the same tasks. Not one merging (by the way I'm on a cell phone as I type and have 6 windows open and an excel file) not one marking solutions, not one or two taking things personal as an attack on them and not one using these special privileges (as some Oracle's kindly reminded me on this thread) for there very own benefits and not the benefits of the community.

I know you're a busy man but when you do have time to come in the forum's you treat everyone with the upmost respect and respond straight arrow with a bit of joking or smiley face as it should be. I can't say the same for others unfortunately and that's why I believe prior to adding new Oracle's to the mix there should be a review on the current ones. I'd hope the current ones don't take offence to my comment (they really shouldn't) but you know things here don't always go that way. 

Need Help? Let's chat.