cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: We’re expanding our Oracle team!

@darlicious  Sure, once PM gets the weasel out of the hen house..... and Telus adds another cell tower in the neighbourhood.

Mattredwingsfan
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

this is fantastic news, we are always growing and this is a great sign

Good Luck & Cheers,

Melinda_H
Public Mobile

Hi Community,

I thought I would clear up some a couple things & answer some questions on this post.

• It's not a perfect process and I realize it's a less personal method than what was previously done, but this time around we wanted to try something different by allowing applications rather than nominations or invitations in order to be more inclusive, and will be taking into consideration that not all aspects of being a great contributor are based purely off of the leaderboard or monthly rewards. That being said, we certainly appreciate all contributors, and especially all our regular contributors to our Community for all that they do in helping others, and would encourage those who may be interested to apply 🙂 

• We've heard feedback in the past that there wasn't enough clarity and structure when it comes to the Oracle program, which I have been working with the Oracles to define & clarify. The intent of expectations section was to provide some clarity into the role. To address some of the concerns here, the Oracle role is definitely a volunteer position and there are no obligations or requirements to spending a specific amount of time on the Community, or an obligation to participate in any feedback sessions.

I recognize the Oracle program has not been without its flaws, but I am hoping to work with the Oracles (old and new) to improve it and better serve the Community 🙂

Lieux
Oracle

@Melinda_H  Thanks for the clarifications!

Melinda_H
Public Mobile

@Jb456 There is no obligation in participating in feedback sessions or using video chat in them. We will typically have a quarterly update session with all the Oracles, but in terms of focus groups or feedback sessions, there is no regular cadence; as we work on new and exciting projects and launches, opportunities to participate in feedback sessions will be shared with the Oracles when they arise.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H Thank you very much for the information! Enjoy the rest of your day 🙂

@Melinda_H 

That's good to hear because the first post does make it sound as if Oracle are almost required to participate in all activities. I can say that I did feel some perceived obligations and expectations even before this annoucement (even if was just by me), which may have been a factor in me giving up the badge.  I also suspect that there are at least a couple other former members of the group who felt the same way.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure pm wants this announcement to encourage all interested to apply vs discouraging members because  they think they dont qualify......due to time constraints or the "wishlist" of qualities pm would like the applicants to possess. One only needs some of them not all of them to be considered. Best of luck to all those who apply and the eventual shortlist of qualified candidates

Melinda_H
Public Mobile

@Nezgar there is no specific time commitment required, so if you are interested in participating, I would encourage you to apply 🙂

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@CFPartDeux 

I think part of your problem here is there are no hens in the henhouse theres only co**ahem**s or rather you could just say "in the roosterhouse". I'm not sure what will happen first ....you may want to phone telus to see if they have any infastructure updates scheduled for your local area.

Need Help? Let's chat.