cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

I know black friday is next week, but can existing customers expect any deals then? It seems like all deals are for new customers only.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

@maheshboloor 

It is the nature of the beast that new one time incentives are for new customers only.

I look at new customer promotions as an opportunity to close the deal on some referrals! I seem to always have a couple of friends that just need an extra push to make the move and a good promotion is usually just what is needed to get them hooked!

AE_Collector

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just switched to PM on the $40 plan from Eastlink. Everything went smoothly and my number ported over within 10 minutes. Just wanted to add that the $10 for 6 months promotion was added when creating my account, and I was only charged $30 plus tax for this first month.

Thanks everyone for the help! Glad to finally make the switch after weeks of lurking in the community for a good promo haha

Welcome aboard Jacob! 

Interesting that it sounds as though this is how Public Mobile is now handling the $10 credits for x number of months. I a fairly certain that you used to pay full price Initially and then get $10 credits back into your account each month. I'm sure that led to disagreements about the price at dealers and enquires to moderators that hopefully won't be needed now. Another small improvement!

AE_Collector

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

@Tiana_V  I'm a little confused...how do you find a participating retailer? To purchase a SIM card you provide a link but is that also for the activation availability for the promotion? If so great 2 of my favourite little guys are listed but it also includes London drugs. So is it a hit and miss situation? Just want to be sure before I promote the latest promotion.

Oracle

@AE_Collector wrote:

Welcome aboard Jacob! 

Interesting that it sounds as though this is how Public Mobile is now handling the $10 credits for x number of months. I a fairly certain that you used to pay full price Initially and then get $10 credits back into your account each month. I'm sure that led to disagreements about the price at dealers and enquires to moderators that hopefully won't be needed now. Another small improvement!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector, you will still need to pay the full initial price and will get your first $10 credit within 30 days and the others prior to your renewal dates

promo.JPG

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

@ShawnC13 

That was how I thought it usually went as well but that isn't what @JacobChris says happened when he activated. Activated $40 plan, charged $30 plus tax and a $10 credit landed in account for his next renewal. He used a referral but hasn't seen that $10 yet as it typically takes 48 hours or so to show up.

I recall another recent $10 off promotion, maybe the $10 credit for first 3 months promotion a few months back where a new customer also reported being charged $10 less up front. Seems like the new way with plans that have money off up front as opposed to the second month free type credits.

AE_Collector

When I signed someone up for the RBC Rewards promo ($10x6 months plus a 5GB add-on) we got the credit during sign up - we only got charged $30 + tax on a $40 plan for the first month set up. 

So yes - it seems different - for the better. 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have been waiting for this sale and I couldn't wait anymore, so I activated yesterday! Do you think there is a way to still benefit from the promotion? Thanks!

Mayor / Maire

@KLim0001Unless you open another account, the answer is no.