cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

@darlicious wrote:

@LitlLdy  Just a note I edited my post to "the mobile shop" from mobilicity.....had a brain fart. If it didn't register in the update....you can change your plan on the next renewal to the $40 plan and not lose your discount. You can do that at any time just be sure to use "change on next renewal" not "change now". If you do change your mind you can cancel it as well anytime up to your renewal.

I was pretty sure what you meant (kiosk is what I called it. 🤣) My brain stops also. So it’s all good.

@LitlLdy  Just a note I edited my post to "the mobile shop" from mobilicity.....had a brain fart. If it didn't register in the update....you can change your plan on the next renewal to the $40 plan and not lose your discount. You can do that at any time just be sure to use "change on next renewal" not "change now". If you do change your mind you can cancel it as well anytime up to your renewal.

@darlicious wrote:

@LitlLdy  FYI....I would phone first just to be sure but if ever in need mobilicity also sells vouchers for public mobile. They may or may not (it varies wildly on location) give pc optimum points on them as well (definitely on SIM cards). They occasionally put promotions on for..spend $30 get 10000 pc/optimum pts or spend $50/25000 pts.

Wow, good to know if I ever need another sim card. Along with pass the info along. Also good to know about vouchers and points. The only reason I did not call was due to the stores here get really aggravated and rude when you call asking about a product and flat out say no. Not great customer service. If I have ever behaved that way I would have been fired for such disrespect towards customer service. 

Thank-you soo much for sharing the info. I appreciate it. I will for sure ask them at Superstore when I go back. 

@LitlLdy  FYI....I would phone first just to be sure but if ever in need the mobile shop also sells vouchers for public mobile. They may or may not (it varies wildly on location) give pc optimum points on them as well (definitely on SIM cards). They occasionally put promotions on for..spend $30 get 10000 pc/optimum pts or spend $50/25000 pts.

@Gerry_P  Welcome to public mobile! I'm glad you found the community and were able to determine using a local small business retailer/authorized dealer would suit your need to activate during the time frame of the promo. You can go one step further and go to the participating retailer

map and locate your local retailer and leave them a review for public mobile. Now figure out what you are going to post for the #PMPDA contest to win a free year of service.

@dabr wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@LitlLdy   It seems like different people seem to have different experiences with Walmart.  Some are able to buy a SIM (I have personally), without activating instore.  Some Walmart store employees insist that you must activate instore in order to get the SIM.  I'm not sure it's an official store policy vs interpretation by some employees at these stores.

I believe Tiana_V is clarifying that activations/SIM purchase from LD and Walmart are now eligible for the latest promo offer, as the details in the announcement earlier had suggested otherwise.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. The Walmart here (several employees) state that they do not have sim cards for Public Mobile. They sell and have phones with sim cards for other companies but no sim cards. Never did. My words do not always read clearly in text. I apologize. 

Yes I see what you said, my apologies. 

That is disturbing that they are pushing you to purchase a phone in order to get the SIM and only for other carriers.  That doesn't seem right at all.  But overall there does seem to be a lack of consistency as to what Walmart employees are saying to customers who come in to purchase a SIM.

I live in a small town with limited things and not much to offer here. Maybe that is why. After more searching the little Mobile Shop (Kiosk) at Superstore here may have had a Sim Card for Public Mobile but I know that the Walmart here does not. Along with a small business that repairs electronics may have (only open a couple hours a day). 

@LitlLdy wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@LitlLdy   It seems like different people seem to have different experiences with Walmart.  Some are able to buy a SIM (I have personally), without activating instore.  Some Walmart store employees insist that you must activate instore in order to get the SIM.  I'm not sure it's an official store policy vs interpretation by some employees at these stores.

I believe Tiana_V is clarifying that activations/SIM purchase from LD and Walmart are now eligible for the latest promo offer, as the details in the announcement earlier had suggested otherwise.

Sorry, you misunderstood me. The Walmart here (several employees) state that they do not have sim cards for Public Mobile. They sell and have phones with sim cards for other companies but no sim cards. Never did. My words do not always read clearly in text. I apologize. 

Yes I see what you said, my apologies. 

That is unfortunate that they are pushing you to purchase a phone in order to get the SIM and only for other carriers.  That doesn't seem right at all.  But overall there does seem to be a lack of consistency as to what Walmart employees are saying to customers who come in to purchase a SIM.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

As for the stores not willing/not able to sell sim cards unless they are activate, I would understand that if the sim cards were free or half price. However, if the customers are clear that they're not going to activate there, I don't understand the refusal to sell the sim card if it's at the full $10 price.  At least now, the customers can feel free to activate there to get to the promo if they have time.

It would have been great if mine had sim cards but that would have been to easy. 🤣. It only took a few days in the mail. However I wasn’t going to go back with the sim I received in mail to see if they had a way to activate it and set it all up. At least this way I can do it the way I want and pick my own number. In comfort of home. I guess it worked ot the best in the long run. 🤣 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@LitlLdy wrote:

@ShawnC13 @mimmo @AE_Collector @darlicious Hi Everyone (tagging those who have tagged me). Effective immediately this promotion is now available at all retail locations including Walmart and London Drugs. The discount will be loaded to your account within 30 days of activation.  

I'd also like to note that this plan is available on all plans $35/mo or more and will only drop off if you switch to a plan that does not qualify (below $35/mo). 

Tiana 🙂  

So, my Walmart will now start selling Public Mobile Sim Cards? They haven’t previously when I was there a few days ago. The employees there said, “They do not sell Sim Cards. They only sell Phones with Sim Cards.” That was a fast change for them to now start selling them! Good to know but fast!

This isn't about whether Walmart would sell sim cards, but rather relating to whether a customer who activates at Walmart or London drugs would get this promotion.

Thank-you for clarifying that for me. I read that differently. I appreciate that. Mine does not do either. 

@dabr wrote:

@Gerry_P   Welcome to PM:) 

Are you a new customer or returning back to PM?

Gerry_P
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just bought my SIM card today from Matt Carr Repair in Thunder Bay. Awesome service, he had me set up on the $40 plan and my number ported over in minutes. There was a glitch though because my data wouldn't work and he had to go in to my phone settings and reset (APN?)  Then it was all good. The data problem was due to my phone being purchased on Amazon apparently although when I first bought the phone and swapped  my  sim card from the LG to the F1 it worked right away. But that was probably because the SIM was already registered on the Tbaytel network at the time. 

Big shout out to Matt Carr for the great service and he even let me use a referral code. 😁👍🏼 So glad I was able to get the promo before the deadline!

@Tiana_V wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

No, Walmart and London Drugs are not participating in this sale. 

@ShawnC13 @mimmo @AE_Collector @darlicious Hi Everyone (tagging those who have tagged me). Effective immediately this promotion is now available at all retail locations including Walmart and London Drugs. The discount will be loaded to your account within 30 days of activation.  

I'd also like to note that this plan is available on all plans $35/mo or more and will only drop off if you switch to a plan that does not qualify (below $35/mo). 

Tiana 🙂  

@Tiana_V  Thank you for the clarification as there have been several newly activated customers from Wal-Mart and London drugs very curious if they would qualify for the promotion. Several more realized the would prefer to be on one of the Plans with more data so it's good to know we can advise them they can safely change their plan on their next renewal to a plan that meets their data needs.

@dabr wrote:

As for the stores not willing/not able to sell sim cards unless they are activate, I would understand that if the sim cards were free or half price. However, if the customers are clear that they're not going to activate there, I don't understand the refusal to sell the sim card if it's at the full $10 price.  At least now, the customers can feel free to activate there to get to the promo if they have time.

@LitlLdy wrote:

Tiana 🙂  

So, my Walmart will now start selling Public Mobile Sim Cards? They haven’t previously when I was there a few days ago. The employees there said, “They do not sell Sim Cards. They only sell Phones with Sim Cards.” That was a fast change for them to now start selling them! Good to know but fast!

This isn't about whether Walmart would sell sim cards, but rather relating to whether a customer who activates at Walmart or London drugs would get this promotion.

@Tiana_V wrote:

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

Tiana 🙂  

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

Tiana 🙂  

@mbuhlin wrote:

That's great news. i just registered a few minutes ago, will i see the credit in the rewards section in my account overview? or is it something that's just automatically applied?

@mbuhlin, you won't see the amount in your rewards section,  It will get directly applied to your Available Funds which you can see at the top of your account overview page in the self-serve.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mbuhlin wrote:

That's great news. i just registered a few minutes ago, will i see the credit in the rewards section in my account overview? or is it something that's just automatically applied?

This isn't a reward so it won't show in that section of your account. The $10 credit will go directly into your account balance.

@mbuhlin wrote:

My $10 off my monthly plan (that will happen for 6 months) was automatically applied when I selected a monthly plan when I signed up. Others have stated that theirs was not right away. 

mbuhlin
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

DL888
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Love the different deals PM offers each month!

@MoximusThe promo will work along with the referral plan. ie you as the person who give your friend your referral code will get $1/month as long as your friend's account is active. Your friend will get a one time bonus of $10 along with the promo.

@Moximus wrote:

Does this work with the referral code promo? For example, if I refer a friend to Public Mobile, do they get this $10 off per month for six month deal PLUS get me $1 off per month?

@Moximus  Plus your friend will get the $10 referral credit on top of the $10 p/m for 6 months promo.

Moximus

Does this work with the referral code promo? For example, if I refer a friend to Public Mobile, do they get this $10 off per month for six month deal PLUS get me $1 off per month?

@wenping wrote:

I just activated NOV 16, wondering if I am eligible.thanks.

The date is in the title of your message when this promo stops. It started on November 15. For other eligibility conditions, please go to the first message.

@wenping wrote:

@wenpingAs long as you chose a $35+ plan you are eligible for this promotion. The $10 credit will be applied to your transaction history by your next renewal.

wenping

buiya
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

New here, is it troubling that a representative of PM posts something and no replies or clarification?  I get it's the weekend but what happens if something goes down, do you have to wait until the start of the business week to get support?

Need Help? Let's chat.