cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

@cory_c 

Most promotions advertised on the PM website.  Certain websites like Redflagdeals.com will have posts of these promotions.  

If you want, you could sign up to PM email mailing list which should send you the different promotions.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

(sign up near bottom of this page)

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello,

I haven't signed into the PM Community for some time as I've been busy, but now that I am I notice this limited time offer. Question: Are these types of offers only posted in the forum? I happen to know someone who maybe interested but until today, had I not signed in, I would not have been informed. It would be a good idea if PM announced to its users such 'deals' in advance of the start date. 

Pevans36
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'll give that a try.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Pevans36  no, if you want the promo you should go buy a Sim card today at a store near you!  Do you have a Walmart, wow mobile  the mobile shop around you 

Pevans36

I just ordered a SIM but it won't be here for a few days and the promo ends tonight. Can I still get it when I activate?

24 hour notice AGAIN that this deal wraps up Sunday night at midnight eastern Time Zone. They extended it from Thursday night to Sunday night. Once again, I wonder what might happen On Monday morning, the start of Black Friday Week.

AE_Collector

@Samaanthag wrote:

I switched from Telus to Public on Oct 1st.

Interested to see if my plan changes to +$10 in 4 more months. 

Was there a similar promo around Oct 1 that you activated on? I recall a "$10 credit per month credit for the first 3  months" promo not too long ago. Most often this type of promo leaves the plan price Aline and just gives $10 credits back each month until the 3 or 6 credits have been given then they stop. Thus, the plan price actually isn't changing.

AE_Collector

@Samaanthag wrote:

I ordered my SIM card from Amazon using prime on Oct 1st (sold by Public Mobile). Item arrived on Oct 3rd. Called Telus to unlock my phone. After all was said and done including waiting time on the phone etc, switching from being on a family Telus plan to being successfully connected to a new plan on Public, took about maybe 3 hours in total between 2 days. Veeeerrry impressed! 

I would say I did it all myself with the help of people over the phone + internet. I'm not particularly tech-savvy, but I'm really good at Googling things. 

This promotion wasn't going on October 3. Why would your price change in 4 months?

Samaanthag
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I ordered my SIM card from Amazon using prime on Oct 1st (sold by Public Mobile). Item arrived on Oct 3rd. Called Telus to unlock my phone. After all was said and done including waiting time on the phone etc, switching from being on a family Telus plan to being successfully connected to a new plan on Public, took about maybe 3 hours in total between 2 days. Veeeerrry impressed! 

I would say I did it all myself with the help of people over the phone + internet. I'm not particularly tech-savvy, but I'm really good at Googling things. 

The promo extension to into the weekend is good news for those who forgot or didn't have time to activate during the week. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

As per the homepage and offer details at https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/35for1GB-3Gspeed , this offer has been extended until November 24 (11:59pm ET).

Okay, I called that right! That was the prediction I made here somewhere.... though they have only added three days, still not through Black Friday week so maybe more is coming.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 wrote:

As per the homepage and offer details at https://publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/35for1GB-3Gspeed , this offer has been extended until November 24 (11:59pm ET).

Hey @computergeek541: are you able to see the edit time stamp on Tiana_V's OP?

An hour and a half left for the last minute activators to get it done on this promo and then it is in the books!

It will be interesting to see what happens next with Black Friday one week away.
This deal extended.... or improved? 

New deal offered?

Crickets for the next couple of weeks?

Just like waiting for Christmas morning!

AE_Collector

@pogkev 

Very unlikely but they dont forget about existing customers here. A couple or three months ago they gave all existing customers a 1Gb data add-on just for being good customers.

And don't forget all the perks they hand out for 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 years of loyalty to PM as well as $1/month for each referral and some for participation here on the forum as well. For a low budget carrier, I am amazed at how much PM values us!

AE_Collector

pogkev

Great promotional for new members! I wonder if this would be available for existing customer or something like this in the future??

Louisa

They will have tomorrow to make question and answer and help the community.

@Louisa wrote:

I will let my friends know.

You're almost out of time because the offer is only valid through Thursday.

Louisa

I will let my friends know.

Since the referral credit is also $10 it is hard to tell what you have received if you received a $10 credit.

as for switching plans, it has been since confirmed that switching plans during your first 6 months is okay and you will continue receiving the $10 monthly credits as long as you don't drop below the required $35 minimum plan price.

AE_Collector

@krisstyle wrote:

My sister joined and thecredit was applied up front and showed up in her rewards.  My mother joined and she didnt get the promotion and has to contact a moderator to have it fixed. Something should show up in my account to show that the promotion is one of my rewards even if the $10 isn’t credited right away.

Some customers (like your sister) seem to get the promo credit straight away, for others it seems to take a few days, but PM has detailed that it can take upto 30 days after activation, so unfortunately, you may have to wait.  Of course, you can contact the moderators and they may choose to apply the credit immediately for you.

Also you should be getting $10 referral credit if you used your sister's/mother's referral code upon activation.  That usually appears immediately, but can take upto 72 hours.

krisstyle

My sister joined and thecredit was applied up front and showed up in her rewards.  My mother joined and she didnt get the promotion and has to contact a moderator to have it fixed. Something should show up in my account to show that the promotion is one of my rewards even if the $10 isn’t credited right away.

@krisstyle wrote:

I was not given the promotion upon activation. How can i contact a moderator? Same thing happned to my mother and she had to have it fixed by a moderator.  The promotion ends tomorrow so I'd like to speak with someone.

@krisstyle  The promo details say the $10 credit can take upto 30 days to be credited to your account.  If you don't see it within the next 30 days, then you can contact moderators to physically apply the missed credit.  Here are the details of the this promo:

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

@krisstyleYou have to click on the ? on the lower right hand corner, chat with SIMon for a while and once it understands you type in submit ticket so a support ticket will be generated for you to be forwarded to the moderators.

krisstyle

I was not given the promotion upon activation. How can i contact a moderator? Same thing happned to my mother and she had to have it fixed by a moderator.  The promotion ends tomorrow so I'd like to speak with someone.

@Davery 

If you can not get to a retailer to pick up a SIM card the only way is to have someone message you with a SIM serial number so you can activate the new account by tomorrow. Then the SIM card is mailed to you to put in the phone. You would picking a new phone number during the activation process. Once the SIM card arrives you can put it in the phone and check that everything works properly. Then you can port your existing number (if you have one) at no cost to replace the temporary new number you picked which will terminate your old account with the other provider.

Check your private messages (the envelope icon).

AE_Collector

@Davery  Where do you live maybe we can find you a retailer near by...

Davery

I would like to take advantage of this offer but will not be able to get a sim card delivered for tomorrow..is there any way to get this promotion?

@milliemjohnson 

It will most likely be coming around three same date every month

Did you gave a friend referral? Ask your friend of they got sms that somebody signed up with their code, it may take up to 72 hours

@Antikz wrote:

Well this sucks! Lol I’ve been contemplating changing my plan to the $50 one with 8gb of 3G rather than the $40 plan I currently have with 5gb. Originally I had the 6gb $50 plan. This $10 saved would make it a no brainer lol.

if I never needed my number for my business I’d set up a new account for sure just to get the deal!

Most promos will be for new customers. That's the way it will probably stay because they always try to get new customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.