cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

No, Walmart and London Drugs are not participating in this sale. 

@Tiana_V, how does probably the two biggest retailers of PM not participate in the sale?  Aren't the credits added by PM after the plan is activated so it shouldn't matter where it was activated (any retailer/at home) as long as it is over $35.

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

@Tiana_V wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

No, Walmart and London Drugs are not participating in this sale. 

I am not certain how these two dealers could "not be participating?" The activation is identical to any other activation. It is having selected a $35 or higher plan that triggers PM to apply the 6 - $10 credits after the fact.

In the past, you were able to change plans during the first 6 months, the only warning needed is that if you change to a less than $35/month plan the $10 credits will be discontinued and switching again to a $35+ plan will not reactivate the $10 credits. I suspect that is really the situation here.

A couple if things that make me happy here in the announcement:

- This is is a 1 week promo, not 48 hours.

- It is pointed out that you can activate at a dealer or Do it Yourself at Home "online".

- It is pointed out that it might take up to 1 week to receive a sim if ordered online.

- It is pointed out that you can get your sim elsewhere.

AE_Collector

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Silly question, but is this $10 per month for 6 months? ($60 total savings)

I've been holding off activating my SIM card to wait for any Black Friday deals, but this promo seems pretty great.
Thank you! 

It definitely sounds like it's a total of $60 savings...$10 per month for 6 months 

Yes, correct, $60 total savings over a 6 month time frame as long as you remain on a $35 or higher plan.

This promo was fairly common a year ago when I switched to PM but then they vanished seemingly for good. Nice to see it back again. The only thing better that I have seen in the last year was this promo combined with the $25/$25 referral credit where new customer received a $25 rather than $10 credit if using a referral code plus the person whos referral code was used also received a $25 credit.

AE_Collector

Thank you for the info! I'm so indecisive, but I'll finally activate it today. Appreciate the help.

Oracle

@Tiana_V  if some retailers are excluded you should include the participating retailers in the official announcement.

Also if I click on participating retailers Walmart and London drugs are listed. It's quite confusing.

@JacobChris wrote:

Thank you for the info! I'm so indecisive, but I'll finally activate it today. Appreciate the help.

Watch for a clarification here to activating at Walmart or London Drugs. I find that quite often London Drugs gives a free SIM card if activating through them. You have a week at least to take advantage of this offer.

AE_Collector

@mimmo wrote:

@Tiana_V  is some retailers are excluded you should kits the participating retailers in the official announcement. Also if I click on participating retailers Walmart and London drugs are listed. It's quite confusing.

A pretty good bet that this is incorrect, any new activation of $35 or higher will work. Makes no sense.....

But, it will be nice to see an official clarification.

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

Certainly not the plan that's going to bring people off the fences. But it's the weekend before black Friday so you wouldn't want to waste the best when people will be expecting it next weekend.