cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Certainly not the promo that's going to bring people off the fences. But it's the weekend before black Friday so you wouldn't want to waste the best when people will be expecting it next weekend.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

The only thing I caution is that we went through many months May-August with virtually no incentives at all. Many said "just wait for the back to school incentives in late August". I did and zip...nothing. Labour a Day came and went and then finally maybe mid September we started to see some New Customer Promos again. So, you can't count on anything unfortunately. This could be the rumoured Black Friday Promo early to get the jump on the competition, it may be extended or improved into Black Friday week or it may end as scheduled with nothing else for Black Friday.

AE_Collector

Oracle

@chuck_grady , I would be happy if there was a BF deal but I really don't recall an actual BF deal since I was here 2016).  It's has always been said (by other members) PM does its own thing.  So based on history I think this will be as good as it gets. Will be happy to be proven wrong though.   

@mimmo 

I agree though I only have one year of experience/history here. This could be it. I do recall promos like this running for a month and part way through the $25/$25 referral credit was launched making the two stackable. That could happen here though this is only a 1 week promo that might be extended. The last referral bonus was $20/$10 which may be the future rather than the old $25/$25. As profit is slowly squeezed out, promotions will likely not be quite as good either.

AE_Collector

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I love this deal and have just purchased my SIM online via PM website.  I am excited to go to a discount provider, this will be my first. I am currently considering the $35 plan, but what if in between the 6 months of the promotional $10 credit I find that I want to increase the plan to the $40. 

Will that change the fact that I am still to receive the credits, or am I incorrect in thinking that once a plan is activated for that promotional period, it can not be changed? 

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Oracle

@annalov   in the past if you incresed the plan there were no issues. if you went below the minimul level they they stopped giving you the bonus.

dont forget to use a referal code when activting to get a $10 bonus credit.

edit i personally find the $35 plan option not really a plan when compared the the $25 and $40 plans.  For $5 you get lots more data and i feel its much better value.

@annalov wrote:

I love this deal and have just purchased my SIM online via PM website.  I am excited to go to a discount provider, this will be my first. I am currently considering the $35 plan, but what if in between the 6 months of the promotional $10 credit I find that I want to increase the plan to the $40. 

I would say that the $40 plan is a much better value if you have use for more data. The $40 plan is eligible for this promotion.  So, if you want more than 1.5GB of data, I would suggest taking the $40 plan from the start.

Hopefully we can get a clarification from @Tiana_V about changing plans during the first 6 months. It should be okay to move up from $35 but that isnt the way it is worded. PM always has "wording problems" withnpromos <as you can see I frequently have wording problems as well!> but I think Tiana may be trying to clean that up.

In the past they have had new customer promos that aren't valid when activating at dealers. They would say "online activations only". Customers activated at a dealer, didn't get the promo, then argued that "it was activated online, I watched the dealer using the computer and even helped enter my data." Clearly "online activation" is a poor way to say, "Do it Yourself at Home Activation". 

AE_Collector

@annalov wrote:

Will that change the fact that I am still to receive the credits, or am I incorrect in thinking that once a plan is activated for that promotional period, it can not be changed? 

Any insight is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I would have to agree with others - avoid the $35 plan, get the $40 plan. During this promo it will only be $30 less autopay. During month 6, you can decide then if the $40/5GB is too much data and then drop to whatever plan suits. 

Maybe the $25 was best all along, but since it does not qualify, try the other plan and see for yourself.

@Ed404 wrote:

Again with a promo needing a $35 plan Smiley Sad

The 6 month $10 credit promos have always been on $30 or higher plans I believe. (Not that long ago the $25 plan was $30). If watching for a deal on a lower priced plan the "second month free via credits" Promos are more likely to work for you though it still might need a minimum of $25/month. The difference is that you get your new customer credits as one lump sum closer to the beginning and you can change plans downwards as soon as for your second month.

AE_Collector