Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

@LurganIeUk

Why so many add-ons?

You can add add-ons (one increment at a time) whenever needed, and you don't really need to until you start running out of minutes, there's no reason to stack them. Unused add-on minutes stay available across billing cycles until they're all used up.

If you actually do use 100+500+500 Talk minutes (a lot of minutes!) per month... upgrade to $25 Unlimited Talk instead, no worries about counting (or limiting) your Talk and no need for add-ons.

The long distance add-ons are a good deal (if your country is on PM's "International" list). But if you're using them a lot then toll-free long distance calling cards are likely a better deal (many varieties, and there's basically a flavour with $0.01/minute calling rates to any particular country, although they invariably have expiry periods or funds-decay or per-dial surcharges or some other gimmick, read the fine print).

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Korth 

Just for insurance. I don’t want to be somewhere that I can’t access  my account and not be able to use phone. After I studied it all, it was the way to go. But I am kicking my self as I have done well with referrals and the pre Christmas freebies. I didn’t know how the fringe benefits worked....I would say I am still new here. I would only use international minutes for USA at this point but is less to pay per minute vs Canada/USA add on. Trust me I am not going to pile up add-ons or have a high balance. I got burned by topping up far in advance on my annual paid, prepaid plan. But will always be paid up one month ahead of time.  

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks the $5 sim is a pretty decent price.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Alan_K 

Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make data a bit more affordable these days. Many lost access to free WiFi at work and school and some paychecks may be thinner access to them delayed.

It could work on similar principles as roaming, you only qualify to buy it at discount if you are at 90% of your data, you put the amount on your account and contact moderators about it.

I'm wandering if something like that would even be possible with strained support these days.

Thanks for reading

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m in Florida and I need this roaming add on but confused how to do it.

I need to reactivate by tomorrow and I have $5 credits.I have the &25 plan

when I went to reactivate it didn’t give me the option to add on... I thought I couldn’t change anything after I made a payment

help please

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Cottagegirl 

2 steps: In the self-serve portal, Add the funds you need to your account balance to cover the roaming add-on(s) purchase, then purchase the add on in a 2nd step. A week or so later, the purchase will be supposedly credited back to your account balance.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Cottagegirl here's an article on buying add ons.  https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve . Is your account suspended? Are your services not working properly? Do you need to reactivate it? Thanks.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Log into My Account / Account Status section...scroll down until you find Purchase Add-ons.

Make sure you have sufficient $$ in Available Funds for the desired add-on. If not, put $$ there with your cc...then go back and buy the add-on.

Your base plan ($25) has to be Active for the 10 Day US Roaming add-on to work...so make sure it's up to date as well.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes I’m almost at the end of my 90 day suspension ..reactivate by March 25