cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Update as of May 1, 2020: This offer (US Roaming Credit Back) is now expired.

Update as of March 31, 2020: As of April 1st, online SIM purchases will no longer be discounted and will return to their regular price of $10. 

Update as of March 26, 2020: The $5 discount for online SIM purchases will only be available on purchases through publicmobile.ca. Please note that Amazon deliveries may be significantly delayed due to COVID-19. Make sure to check your estimated delivery date before ordering through Amazon.

Hey Community,

At Public Mobile, the health and safety of our customers, team members, and partners are paramount to us. That’s why, with COVID-19 concerns top of mind and rising uncertainty surrounding the extent of disruptions to day-to-day activities for our customers, we will be committing to make it stress-free to stay connected with friends & family. How are we doing that?

US Roaming credit-back

Public Mobile will be crediting back the full cost of US Roaming Add-Ons as account credits.

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.
  • Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied.

$5 off SIM card when you buy online

During this challenging period, we want to ensure that our customers are staying as safe as possible and purchasing SIM cards online, if you need to. 

• For a limited time starting from March 20th, get $5 off when purchasing a SIM card online from us via Amazon or Publicmobile.ca.
  • No promo code necessary.

Any changes or updates to these items will be shared on this page. We encourage you to view further details on what we’re doing to help keep you safe and connected by visiting this help article for more information.

We thank you for being a Public Mobile customer, and hope that this helps make things easier during this difficult time. 

Thanks,

-Public Mobile Community Team

296 REPLIES 296

@RKulf  You are getting awfully upset over $8. You realize we are just customers like you helping you navigate the community to access the moderators. If you want to pick up the phone to call customer service you would have to move to koodo and pay $35 for your plan and wait on hold to get your credit of $8. The choice is yours as always.

RKulf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is to difficult to communicate with the persons in charge to fix or reply.  I WOULD PAY A PREMIUM TO GET THRU TO SOMEONE WHO COULD ANSWER A QUESTION AND FORWARD IT TO MANAGEMENT TO FIX.

PAYING NEXT TO NOTHING FOR SOMETHING YOU NEED AND CANT GET IS NOT MY IDEA OF VALUE.

IT WORKS IN CANADA BUT NEEDS SERIOUS ATTENTION IN USA 

IF PM WANTED TO GET INVOLVED YOU WOULD SEE THEIR POSTS 

@RKulf  It's public mobile someone has to fall thru the cracks....this time it was you. Next time it will be someone else. Ive had some crazy glitches myself. But they fix it up each time and who am I to complain when I go to pay my Bill? Omg I owe $0! That's outrageous!

RKulf

isn’t this a great system it’s taken me several hours / days of searching posting checking and all because PM hasn’t done what they advertised 

PM KEEP YOUR CUSTOMERS INFORMED 

IF YOUR HAVING PROBLEMS MEETING YOUR ADVERTISED INFORMATION 

TELL US.

@RKulf  So only the last roaming add on of $8 will be credited back to your account. As  7 business days have passed since you purchased the add on it should have been credited back to you by now. (As far as I read the offer details vs 7 days after it finished.) Contact the moderators as instructed. As its not urgent it may take up to 48 hours. Be sure to verify your identity as soon as you can once they send you the verification link. They will likely automatically apply the credit after that and send you a message that it is already done. If you are happy with their service ask for the review link and leave a review of the service you received.

RKulf

794BFF1E-F670-4076-B37C-7A28A421443F.png807E2EE8-C7C6-41E9-8C5A-A03DA822DAE4.png

Great answer, I will do as instructed. Thanks Rkulf.

i was in California and Arizona and used the US TALK ROAMING ADDON 

RKulf

Great answer, I will do as instructed. Thanks Rkulf 

@Mola wrote:

How do I get in contact with the public mobile team?? That Simon bot is not helpful at all. I need to speak to someone about my account and I am being directed to a robot that doesn’t even understand what I am saying. How can I get in contact??? Is there an email? I am having issues paying my bill because I have been out of work due to COVID19. I am trying to reach out to the people at PM and I’m getting Simon bot is is aggravating me, because it’s not helpful at all. 

@Mola  If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@Mola  Your welcome if you have any more questions or need suggestions for other plans we are happy to help. It's tough for everybody right now...you can come here for moral support to....

Mola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you 

@RKulf  Here are your options post a screenshot of your 90 day payment history with all personal info blanked out and we can go thru it with you. Or contact the moderators by clicking on the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen. Type account specific issue then type rep or human. Follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simon. Then keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

RKulf

It is a REAL PAIN TO TRY AND GET A SIMPLE ANSWER TO QUESTIONS THAT PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY KNOW THE ANSWERS SHOULD BE ANSWERING. 

IT WOULD BE GREAT TO GET RID OF WASTED TIME BY ALL WHO ACTUALLY CANNOT SEE THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION. 

IS THERE ANYONE THAT IS ABLE TO SEE WITH OUT GUESSING 

@Mola  Simple Simon is very irritating....private message the moderators by tagging them in the send to bar. But public mobile is a prepaid service so it is unlikely they will extend your service but they will deal with you on an individual basis and you can ask.....if they can help. Consider the other plans on offer and see what you can afford.

Mola
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I get in contact with the public mobile team?? That Simon bot is not helpful at all. I need to speak to someone about my account and I am being directed to a robot that doesn’t even understand what I am saying. How can I get in contact??? Is there an email? I am having issues paying my bill because I have been out of work due to COVID19. I am trying to reach out to the people at PM and I’m getting Simon bot is is aggravating me, because it’s not helpful at all. 

Where did I go rong ?

RKulf

Hairbag do you actually read what you write 

@RKulf wrote:

Still waiting for my US ROAMING CREDITS 

Did you actually use them while in US ?

US Roaming credit-back

Public Mobile will be crediting back the full cost of US Roaming Add-Ons as account credits.

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.
  • Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied.

According to terms it can take seven business days after usage.

Account credit will be applied to accounts within 7 business days of usage, beginning March 23. No action is required. Customers will receive a SMS when credit is applied.

Kovaelin

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kovaelin wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

The best tip for everyone who has asked for this is to find and use the 1-800 toll free number for the department you are calling. Toll free numbers do not count as minutes being deducted from your monthly allotment. Problem solved.

AE_Collector

From experience, I don't think this is true.

Are you saying that you have seen minutes consumed when calling toll free numbers?

I'm saying that I've run out of minutes while talking over a toll free number before.

@RKulf  I do believe it says credited back in 7 business days. If it's been longer than that and you activated them (they connected to at&t or T-Mobile at least once)then you can contact the moderators and ask for your credit. There's lots online today so the wait shouldn't be too long!

RKulf

Still waiting for my US ROAMING CREDITS 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kovaelin wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

The best tip for everyone who has asked for this is to find and use the 1-800 toll free number for the department you are calling. Toll free numbers do not count as minutes being deducted from your monthly allotment. Problem solved.

AE_Collector

Are you saying that you have seen minutes consumed when calling toll free numbers?

Kovaelin

@AE_Collector wrote:

AE_Collector

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks Last day for this deal.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I ordered two and they shipped from Amazon. Slower than normal.

AE_Collector

@Kovaelin wrote:

Any chance we could get unlimited local minutes for those on hold for hours with the government?

If you are on the limited  plan you can buy an add on for $5 that will give you an extra 500 minutes. Unused minutes get rolled over.

500.jpg

Kovaelin

Any chance we could get unlimited local minutes for those on hold for hours with the government?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hope things improve for you...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chicklit wrote:

The second I can switch to anyone besides pm i will be.  I live in canada and have lost my job over this crisis.  Now i have no income and no phone as well.  I'm on the verge of losing my home so thanks for nothing pm.  I will be sure to spread the word

What are you possibly expecting any service provider to do? Power, gas, tv, garbage, internet, landline.

Can you connect with any wifi? There are apps that you can call and text while connected to wifi.

I sympathize. My goodness it all sounds awful and it must be unimaginably stressful. But companies aren't in the habit of giving away the farm.

Need Help? Let's chat.