Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - May 2020

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all. 

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions. We’re constantly looking to improve how we recognize users who make our Community so great and provide amazing support. We’ve recently made slight changes to our Rewards calculations to ensure that we emphasize and reward the high quality contributions of members. 

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the three Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing! 

And a big shout out as well to the nine members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the twelve members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed. 

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 370 accepted solutions in May. Thank you all for your amazing work providing these quality solutions!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Tiana_V_0-1591985450527.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a great post? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Tiana_V_1-1591985450530.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Tiana_V_2-1591985450667.png

- The Public Mobile Community Team

96 REPLIES 96

CFPartDeux
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@computergeek541 wrote:

@maggamoka 

Public Mobile doesn't really want us to know the formula.  Anyone who has it isn't going to share.

I'll tell you that previously, the thing that mattered most was message post count. In my opinion, when it came to the past formula, the rest of the factors meant next to nothing.  Unfortunately, this sometimes led to some posting less than desirable responses, or even wrong answers to gain rewards.

Two rather contradictory paragraphs - the 1st one makes it sound like it's a secret that few were aware of, and the 2nd one makes it sound as though too many people were aware of it, and took advantage. Makes me wonder just how many folks have been suspected and accused of "gaming the forum", when they had ZERO idea that post count made any difference. 🤔

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations to all of our community members regardless of your contribution level. Just the act of participation here makes are community richer and your experience with public mobile better. As @computergeek541 mentioned....in the past thee secret formula may have been largely based on post count. Other members base their contribution on their bravo totals. This announcement thread being a perfect example of being first past the post garnering a significant amount of bravos to their totals with the amount of bravos given to to following posts dropping off despite the efforts members may put into their posts that may have a heartfelt thank you or shared experiences or information provided to make them a quality post. Be first couple of posters following the announcement and a **good for you** will yield 25+ bravos!

Public mobile has been gathering feedback from the community at large in the last few months  about how the community forum should look, function and perform and how the community rewards should be distributed and awarded along with what adds real value to the community and its members experience. I'm excited to see what changes @Tiana_V  and her team with public mobile decide to implement after listening to the opinions and experiences shared by public mobiles customers and community members.

To adapt and change is to move with the times. The monumental changes society has seen so far in 2020 means the community itself and the way it adapts and evolves is vital to its success and public mobiles. Member new and old must go with the flow and do the same as we learn, grow, share and help others! Thank you all for volunteering the time you can afford to contribute.

Now for all the enquiring minds that just need to know but cant be bothered to do the work.....

Spoiler

Top 1% : gblackma, naepalm, computergeek541,

Top 5%: jb456, Triguy, RossN Joyluck, z10user4, geopublic, darlicious, gpixel4, hairbag

Top 10% : LovesToPM, Staliger, liketotalk, AE_Collector, kselmak ,BearFBI, Dunkman, brettster99, Dabr, popping, fdcamb519 and mpcdesign

Honourable mentions in the top 50% : CFpartDuex, Rockdaddy22, imm1304 its nice to see you participating in the community once again.....dont be strangers!

Spoiler
See below...

And for those of you missing the "macabre".....heres a taste of things to come....call it a raven wake or perhaps more aptly for a murder........a crow funeral. And yes it's a real thing! FYI!

*20200607_211703-ANIMATION.gif

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tiana_V 

Another successful month helping members, congratulations everyone for your big or small contribution, they are all important and appreciated.

yanzhiqiang

Congratulations every one! good job!

Congratulations everyone.  Keep up the good work.  Enjoy your weekend. 

@maggamoka 

Public Mobile doesn't really want us to know the formula.  Anyone who has it isn't going to share.

I'll tell you that previously, the thing that mattered most was message post count. In my opinion, when it came to the past formula, the rest of the factors meant next to nothing.  Unfortunately, this sometimes led to some posting less than desirable responses, or even wrong answers to gain rewards. This change in calcaluation method is to reward quality instead of only quantity.

@Tiana_V thank you for continuing to listen to the community and all the accomplishments that have been made over the past month!

Thank you to all the Oracles @ShawnC13 @Luddite @NDesai @will13am @mimmo for your continued work and efforts it is truly shown each month! 

Thank you to everyone else for being so welcoming and allowing this to be a place of inclusion and growth not only for Public Mobiles service but for the growth of new members. It exciting to see some of the new members contributing each month.

Congrats @gblackma @computergeek541 for your contributions this month they have not gone unnoticed!

P.S. I didn't even realize this was posted for May contributions, I thought the new community member @maggamoka I responded to was commenting on an old thread....wow.  😁

maggamoka
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for answering. I will simply participate here to help and learn. If I have a few dollars extra on top of that, it will be a bonus. 😄 Have a nice weekend !

Dolphin1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Great work everyone, congratulations to all participants.

@maggamoka wrote:

This explains the different rewards, but not the way the community rewards are calculated. I don't see any explanation / calculation for those. The only thing it says is : "Based on your level of involvment with the community". Could you please develop further ?

That is the exact information everyone else has friend. They do not divulge the exact equation. The best advice I can give you is if you want to be rewarded you need to spend time here on the forum helping out and guiding new customers through Public Mobile process etc. 

Hope you enjoy it here and glad to see you even asking some of those questions 🙂

maggamoka

This explains the different rewards, but not the way the community rewards are calculated. I don't see any explanation / calculation for those. The only thing it says is : "Based on your level of involvment with the community". Could you please develop further ?

bilibili

Great thanks. I got top25. Not sure how I got it but it's great....Thanks @Tiana_V 

@maggamoka wrote:

computergeek541, you're saying that there has been a change in the way rewards are calculated. I don't even see a place where the way it is done is mentioned in the first place... Could you please explain ?

@maggamoka   Here is a link to all the ways rewards can be earned here, although this may not be updated to reflect whatever PM has changed for Community rewards to be earned...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/reward-rules

maggamoka

computergeek541, you're saying that there has been a change in the way rewards are calculated. I don't even see a place where the way it is done is mentioned in the first place... Could you please explain ?

Congatulations and thank you to all top performers.

It's good to see a change in the way that rewards are calculated. This was long overdue.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Has anyone else noticed that over the past year the number of people earning rewards in each category has declined significantly?And it is NOT due to a decrease in participation.

I wonder if there has been a change in the formula as to who and how many people qualify, or is this because of a budget cut?

Also, we have lost 3 oracles from the peak of 8.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Congrats to those who received a reward, particularly first timers.  Keep up the good work.  

chrisbasm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congratulations to the top contributors, and to all who participated.

zblackma

Congratulations to everyone here as we ride out this pandemic. Hope you and your family are all safe.

pm-smayer97
Mayor / Maire

Congrats to all who earned. Of course, this is supposed to be a shout out BUT who is being shouted out? Oh, that's right, we don't know. Some shout out.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats & well done to all those who participate in the community.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congratulations to all contributors for a good service provided to members who need help.

Keep up with the great work for June.

Have a better and better days!

Congrats to everone who participated wether rewarded or not. Stay safe. 

Lemony_Snicket

Congrats everyone! 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Congratulations everyone and thanks PM 😊

Congratulations everybody! good job on all the time spent and dedication in the community helping others 👏

sa7375

Keep up good work.jpg

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Congrats to all the community reward winners.  You all are the reason for the success of this business model.  This is a unique place and service that not only provides low cost cell service, but also provides great customer service.  On top of all that they offer a way to lower your bill even more and will listen to your suggestions and concerns!!  Way to go PM and to everyone else!!

Added:  @Tiana_V  thanks for this statement " We’ve recently made slight changes to our Rewards calculations to ensure that we emphasize and reward the high quality contributions of members. "  It is great to see a focus put on the quality of posts and not quantity.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and great work to all reward recipients. Especially computergeek541 rockin' right up to 1% after retiring.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Tiana_V Good job everyone! Keep rocking and helping others. Thank you PM for this opportunity!

Need Help? Let's chat.