cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@buzzzman wrote:

does this apply to the 10 dollar plan too? thanks

@buzzzman 

Yes, as long as you do the activation online (from your own computer/device), not at a retailer.

buzzzman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

does this apply to the 10 dollar plan too? thanks

AdventrGrl

I have been a client since last August.  I took advantage of this promo and referred my husband last time it was available.  He is thrilled with the service.

eblundell

You can use me if you would like

JennMarie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone wanna be my referrer? Going to sign up today 😊

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ibrahim795 wrote:

Hello, does anyone have a promo code I can use?

Step 1) refer a friend to this service provider

Step 2) give them your number to input on the referral field

Step 3) [optional] contact @CS_Agent to affirm the process or report any issues.

Ibrahim795

Hello, does anyone have a promo code I can use?

@eblundell wrote:

If i set up my daughter's account on Feb 14th, will the credit still be available to both of us?

Do you mean March 14?  This promo goes until March 18, so yes the two of you will get it.

eblundell

If i set up my daughter's account on Feb 14th, will the credit still be available to both of us?

@Sweet86Caroline wrote:

It might not be added to your current bill but your next bill?

@Sweet86Caroline

Credits are applied to your available funds within 72 hours of sign-up ONLINE at home and have put your friends phone number into the referral field.

So, yes, it's not applied to your initial sign-up cost but applied towards your second pay period (and third and fourth, if you got $25 credit and are on the $10/50min/50text plan)

Sweet86Caroline

It might not be added to your current bill but your next bill?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Outlaw78 wrote:

I referred somebody and haven't received my $25 yet just wondering what's going on. It says I referred somebody but no bueno to the $25

1. Login to your self-serve account
2. Click on the "My Rewards" link on the overview page.
3. Click on the solid black triangle on the left of "Total Rewards earned" 2 times to show you the list of referrals of your friends' phone number. From this list, you will know which referral is missing.

Is your friend's phone number on your referral list?

If yes, ask your friend about where and when s/he activated her/his plan.

Referral credit will be credited within 72 hours after activation.

Send a private message to moderator for help if and only if your friend activated her/his plan at home.

@Outlaw78

You say you see the friend referral listed (I'm assuming the $1/30-day cycle).  If you haven't seen the $25 reward yet, your friend either activated instore, or the reward has yet to be added to your account.

From the Original Posting...

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 18th, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Outlaw78 wrote:

I referred somebody and haven't received my $25 yet just wondering what's going on. It says I referred somebody but no bueno to the $25

Did they sign up in-store or online? Did they get their $25?

It can also take a few days to make its way into your account.

Outlaw78

time to refer some with their promo plan.

Pizzaeh

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@nht wrote:

Hi there I went to store and did it, can I get the $25 credit, because I didn't have the sim card.

If you used a referral,  you will likely only get $10.  The $25 referral was for online activations. 

Not just likely

It will only be $10 for sure and only for the new subscriber

There was a case where the rep at Walmart, didn't go through their Telus portal, but opened up a separate browser window and activated the SIM that way.  The customer said the next day they got the $25 credit.  That walmart rep was probably new.

Ok but that can't be the proper way

Right, that rep probably got an earful from their manager.  

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@nht wrote:

Hi there I went to store and did it, can I get the $25 credit, because I didn't have the sim card.

If you used a referral,  you will likely only get $10.  The $25 referral was for online activations. 

Not just likely

There was a case where the rep at Walmart, didn't go through their Telus portal, but opened up a separate browser window and activated the SIM that way.  The customer said the next day they got the $25 credit.  That walmart rep was probably new.

Ok but that can't be the proper way

boopvanner

are you activating a new account with new number email address maybe....if your just replacing a sim with the same number and email sign in probably not

Pizzaeh

@cavemantoronto wrote:

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@nht wrote:

Not just likely

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@nht wrote:

Not just likely

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carrieellen87 wrote:

Lol but do they know that?? I have been turned down at Walmart when asking to purchase the sim they have told me spececially we do not sell sim cards UNLESS you activate a plan in syore

Is Walmart your only choice?

Public Mobile would like to know this location if you want to let them know via private message.

Pizzaeh

@nht wrote:

Carrieellen87

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@Carrieellen87: No, with any reseller for Public Mobile you can buy the SIM and activate it online at home.

@Pizzaeh tHanks for all your wonderful info I appreciate it!!

RobM

@Carrieellen87 wrote:

I thought with Walmart you have to do the activation in-store?

No you don't. I purchased mine from there recently. The pressure was definitely applied by the salesperson to do so, but in the end I persevered and the salesperson relented!

Pizzaeh

@Carrieellen87 wrote:

Lol but do they know that?? I have been turned down at Walmart when asking to purchase the sim they have told me spececially we do not sell sim cards UNLESS you activate a plan in syore

Yes, they know that.  They're losing out on some commission when you activate at home so they try to convince you to let them activate your account in store. 

nht

Pizzaeh

@Carrieellen87: You can just buy the SIM there then activate online at home. 

Carrieellen87

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carrieellen87 wrote:

Well that actually is the case with mine. I lost my phone and am going to be purchasing a new PM sim ccard very soon. I just don't wanna have to wait to order one online 

London Drugs, K Mobile, Wow Mobile, some Walmart, The Mobile Shop (Superstore/Loblaws related), apparently some (not all) Koodo outlets - will sell you a SIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.