cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

Carrieellen87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well that actually is the case with mine. I lost my phone and am going to be purchasing a new PM sim ccard very soon. I just don't wanna have to wait to order one online 

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carrieellen87: No, with any reseller for Public Mobile you can buy the SIM and activate it online at home.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carrieellen87 wrote:

I thought with Walmart you have to do the activation in-store?

You don't. But they often want you to. If you go in and ask for a replacement SIM because you "lost" yours then they would probably sell you one.

Carrieellen87

I thought with Walmart you have to do the activation in-store?

goldenmayan

nice !!!

boopvanner

From February 14th until March 18th, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

txw427

great, the usual referal bonus is 10$

boopvanner

If you had done it all on line you and your father would have both got 25.00.....it was very easy to do...hope it all works out for you both and enjoy saving money

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Larry316 wrote:

If only the public mobile page mentioned the referral, I just signed up at walmart today and missed out... I guess 10 bucks in my fathers account is better than nothing.

If you're the new customer then you get the $10 and the existing customer gets $1/30 days. But a new customer can also get the $10/30 days/6 months if getting a plan >=$30.

Larry316
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If only the public mobile page mentioned the referral, I just signed up at walmart today and missed out... I guess 10 bucks in my fathers account is better than nothing.

heatD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is a great deal. Ca't wait to share with friends and family. i just joined today and the walmart worker tried to get me to let her activiate it. I chose to do it myself. It was not hard at all. 🙂

@Onyxj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Onyxj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nat1989, the $10 & $25 referral credits are NOT stackable.  It is mentioned in the origanal post for this topic (in the spoiler section),

Ok, so now I’m confused...

I agree with @abTest that the original post here (spoiler section) does state “not stackable”. But then there is the post from @Alan_K over here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/25-referral-credit-Feb-14-Mar-18/m-p/326385/h...

that states “Yes, it’s stackable”.

It would make sense for it to be stackable, because we have no way to choose which promo we would like to use and they are of different values. 

Is there anyway for the original post here that announced this deal to be corrected to show “yes, it’s stackable”?

So currently activating a new account online will enable the Activator to get a $10/m credit for 6 months (if activating a $30/m plan) and if the Activator is referred by someone, they both will get a one time credit of $25 (in place of the Activator getting a one time credit of $10).

Did I get it right? 🤔

Yes, you got it right.  There is no need to choose which promotion you want.  Customers automatically get the best promotion possible that they are eligigble for.  The references about not being able to stack promotions is just there so that people don't think that you can get a $25 credit for being referred as well as a $10 credit for being referred on that same new activation.  The $25 credit replaces that regular $10 one-time credit.

Onyxj

@Anonymous wrote:

@Onyxj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@nat1989, the $10 & $25 referral credits are NOT stackable.  It is mentioned in the origanal post for this topic (in the spoiler section),

I agree with @abTest that the original post here (spoiler section) does state “not stackable”. But then there is the post from @Alan_K over here 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/25-referral-credit-Feb-14-Mar-18/m-p/326385/h...

It would make sense for it to be stackable, because we have no way to choose which promo we would like to use and they are of different values. 

Is there anyway for the original post here that announced this deal to be corrected to show “yes, it’s stackable”?

Yes you are confused 🙂

Your link goes to a post that is saying that the $10 per month promo is stackable with this promo. Where you might be getting confused is this $25 promo is not stackable with the standard $10 refer-a-friend reward.

At least that's what I figure 🙂

Ahhhh! 💡💡💡!

I get it now! 

So currently activating a new account online will enable the Activator to get a $10/m credit for 6 months (if activating a $30/m plan) and if the Activator is referred by someone, they both will get a one time credit of $25 (in place of the Activator getting a one time credit of $10).

Did I get it right? 🤔

boopvanner

Yes it is stackable....you got the 10 for 6 months for being a new subcriber and 25.00 for refering a new customer....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Onyxj wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you are confused 🙂

Your link goes to a post that is saying that the $10 per month promo is stackable with this promo. Where you might be getting confused is this $25 promo is not stackable with the standard $10 refer-a-friend reward.

At least that's what I figure 🙂

Onyxj

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lag333 wrote:

Anyways, any idea what I can do with my extra SIM card? I'm thinking I should open a new account and do a self referral. Problem is, I'll have 25 dollars sitting in a new account I don't need with no way to transfer that money out right? Is there anyway of keeping this account alive with just a US 1Gb add on? When I go to the US, I can just use it there? Or do I need some sort of base plan to keep the account active?\

Thanks

An account can't be kept alive with an add-on.  The main plan must be kept active, or at least not allowed to go 90 days of being suspended.

Since you've asked, there is no official way to transfer balances.  Moderators might do this as a goodwill gesture.  However, I wouldn't count on them transfering a balnce that you never paid for in the first place.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lag333 wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been spoken about, but I have an extra sim card laying around. I jumped too early on a promo with the free sim and 1 month credit. Didn't know they'd have all these promos following that. I should of waited till now to get it because I'd have 10 dollars off for the next 6 months and a 25 referral reward, with 25 going towards my folks PM account. If this was a regular company, I'd just call in but obviously this is a low cost carrier so no complaining allowed haha.

Anyways, any idea what I can do with my extra SIM card? I'm thinking I should open a new account and do a self referral. Problem is, I'll have 25 dollars sitting in a new account I don't need with no way to transfer that money out right? Is there anyway of keeping this account alive with just a US 1Gb add on? When I go to the US, I can just use it there? Or do I need some sort of base plan to keep the account active?\

Thanks

When are you going to US?

If you self-refer yourself to a $10 plan and enable autopay, you will get $27 credit in your account.  If your US trip is next two months, after your first renewal date, you still have $19 in your account to get the US roaming add-on.

This promo expires on March 18.  You can activate your new plan on the last date.

Please note that US roaming add-on is for 10 days.  Your $10 plan should be active during that 10 days.

@boopvanner wrote:

Best move I've made....with $25.00 referal for both parties and $10.00 a month for 6 months back to me and any new signups that is unheard of all on the Telus service....plus $2.00 a month off if you do auto pay each month....that's a perfect cell plan in my books

@boopvanner

Nice. Just a FYI- Unfortunately, sometimes auto pay fails. Think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the somewhat common occurrence of autopay failure which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension and loss of service.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@boopvanner wrote:

Best move I've made....with $25.00 referal for both parties and $10.00 a month for 6 months back to me and any new signups that is unheard of all on the Telus service....plus $2.00 a month off if you do auto pay each month....that's a perfect cell plan in my books

Welcome to Public Mobile.  Enjoy your saving.

boopvanner

Lag333
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm not sure if this has been spoken about, but I have an extra sim card laying around. I jumped too early on a promo with the free sim and 1 month credit. Didn't know they'd have all these promos following that. I should of waited till now to get it because I'd have 10 dollars off for the next 6 months and a 25 referral reward, with 25 going towards my folks PM account. If this was a regular company, I'd just call in but obviously this is a low cost carrier so no complaining allowed haha.

Thanks

RobM

@Lieux wrote:

@RobM wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Yes you can refer her but you can’t set up in YOUR account...1 Sim 1account...

Maybe I didn't word that the best way. When I log into my account, I see a dropdown for account number, suggesting I might be able to access multiple accounts with the same login credentials. Is that the case?

Different accounts (different phones, different sims), but accessed under the same login.

No sorry you can’t do that... 1 account for 1 Sim...

Many thanks. Any idea what the account dropdown box is for?

@RobM wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

Maybe I didn't word that the best way. When I log into my account, I see a dropdown for account number, suggesting I might be able to access multiple accounts with the same login credentials. Is that the case?

Different accounts (different phones, different sims), but accessed under the same login.

@RobM

No, that is a phantom drop down menu.

One account per e-mail address (=login info). 

@RobM wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

No sorry you can’t do that... 1 account for 1 Sim...

RobM

@Lieux wrote:

@RobM wrote:

If I'm referring my spouse and set her up on my account, does that still count to earn the referral credit?

@RobM

It's one number on one account with one distinct e-mail address at Public Mobile.

You can use your number to refer your spouse's account.

You can use the same credit card.

Public Mobile accepts e-mail aliases.

RobM

RobM

If I'm referring my spouse and set her up on my account, does that still count to earn the referral credit?

Need Help? Let's chat.