cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

AlexanderCA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Any news here since yesterday? 
Did anybody get service back working?

To get maximum help from the Community, you should start a new thread for your concern.  Is this a new account or did you just start with PM ?

lxd7777
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not make any call since March 18, but I can receive

Thecrimson1919

Are you referring to the message when you make a call that says "long distance charges may apply?" In my experience this will always happen regardless of your plan .The network recognizes it as a long distance number and warns you .the network does not know what your plan includes .

@brandonmorales  Seems like you area also affected by the outage. 

brandonmorales

I've been a client for PM for several years (over 5). Just today (yesterday it was perfectly ok) my cellphone won't do any calls (I can receive call but I just can't make them). It gives me the same message as when one tries to call outside the country and asks me to get an add-on, even when calling locally.  

@Scruffy  You are likely affected by the massive outage in Quebec. 

Scruffy

i try to make a local call and a message says i dont have long distance package. i tried all troubleshooting now what

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Arion   Il y a beacoup de persons avec la meme probleme au Quebec.  Tu n'est pas le seul.

papaoute08

oui vous avez raison car le monde a besoin de communiquer 

Arion

Bonjour,

Depuis ce matin 18 mars 2019, je n'arrive pas à émettre des appels dans ma province. On me dit que je n'ai pas d'option interurbains et que mes appels (locaux)ne sont pas couverts par mon forfait. Pourtant jusqu'à hier dimanche 17 mars je n'avais pas ce problème. Mon dernier appel s'est terminé à 23h30. Je n'ai pas de problème de facturation car je suis inscrit au prélèvement automatique et mon prochain paiement est prévu pour le 20 mars.

Quelqu'un a déjà eu le même problème ? Merci de m'eclairer

I've had the same issue since noon in Montreal.

Any local outgoing call was followed by a pre-recorded message :

" Long distance call - you need to buy an add-on"

The only calls that went through were to 611 or toll-free.

This seems to be a widespread thing in Qc. today.

I mean, how hard is for these people to send a short text message such as :

" We are experiencing technical difficulties ..."

Totally unprofessional way to handle this outage.

papaoute08

donc si une personne ne sait pas utiliser internet comme la majorite des personnes a fleur de l age que doivent ils faire alors?

AlexanderCA

I have the same problem with my phone and my son phone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PeddyPower  - There seems to be a problem with MANY people in Quebec.  Can receive calls, but cannot make outgoing calls.  You are not alone.  Will need to wait it out.

PeddyPower

My cell phone can receive calls but whenever I go to call out I am told I don’t have plan and can’t do  long distance.  Yet,  I have automatic credit card payment and my account says all is good and I have unlimited Quebec calls plan.

ilovepanama

Same problem asks for long distance add-on am in quebec. Now even server is not letting me into my account.

Victor1946

Thanks a lot!

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nothing to do but wait if you are in PQ. Unfortunately there is no ETA at this moment, but hopefully everything will be back up and running smooth tomorrow. 

You can try cycling your phone in/out of airplane mode periodically and hopefully get successful registration on the network to make calls. It's not happening to everyone there, but certainly seems to be a lot of people having this issue. 

whiteflower

Having the same problem 😞

wazodnuit

OK, thanks.

Might be due to the big power outage this afternoon.

Victor1946

Yes,you are write. What should I do?

@nerses @wazodnuit If you are in Quebec there is currently a problem with the service there today. I'm sure they're working on it but I don't know how long it will be down.

Paulettes

First one to have the solution please let everyine know!

steff12321

Yeah that makes sense. 

You might want to try toggling airplane mode on/off periodically to see if it resolves your problem. 

Is your phone registered on the network but doesn't receive calls? Or is it showing no service? Can you use data and sms?

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That makes sense. I place my phone on airplane mode at night. They don't!

steff12321

Im going to say probably not. It is highly unlikely to be a problem with plans, but rather with the network itsself. It is strange that you are encountering the issue but other people in your house are not. May have something to do with when the SIM is registered to the network, ie if they restart their phones they may start to encounter this. 

There haven't been any updates as to what is causing the issue, but hopefully will be resolved soon. 

Victor1946

the same with me

wazodnuit

Exact same thing here. 

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Do you guys think this bug proprob in Quebec is part of the legacy update on march 17.  I dont have legacy plan anymore but i have the same line as when i was on legacy .Two other ppl in my house with public mobile seem to have no problems and they were never legacy plan users.  ... Just wondering.  

Need Help? Let's chat.