cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

zeysotheos
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

same here, Can’t not make any call From Montreal

malejita29

same here, Can’t not make any call

nerses

Hello I have two phones with public mobile.Both plans have been paid for. Since this morning both of the phones are not working. When we try to call it says that we don't have a long distance add-on even though we make a local call. I can only receive calls and text but not call.

Edited by Ndesai: Posts merged into one topic. There seems to be an outage in QC and preventing lot of customers from calling/texting. There is nothing you can do until they resolve the outage. 

Note from computergeek541: additional threads in multiple categories with messages about identical symptoms about problems starting today and not being able to make outgoing calls (but previously working) also merged here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Frank46  - If you are in Quebec, you are not the only one.  Many, many people (including myself) are affected by this.  Not much you can do but wait until it gets resolved at the source.

@marinier  Are you in QC? If yes, there seems to an outage going on at this time. 

marinier

My phone's incoming is ok, but im unable to make any local calls, the machine speaks "sorry this call cannot be completed, you don't have an active lond distance add-on". could you please fix this? I have a 20 dollar monthly  plan that covers local calls, and I paid my bill this month. Any help is appreciated.

Frank46
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone know a solution 

i can not make any call 

Frank46

Any solution 

eward1

Also appart from the appology and or a msg to tell inform the customers wenshould get somethin in return i mean calls are important i legit had so many problems today because of that. Its annoying that the only way of getting info is the community. Plus the public mobile site takes so long to load (the account one) i really think that they need to release an app for these things since there is no real customer service.

Corina81

Its still down and there has been no info as to what yhe issue is 

@Pizzaeh wrote:

@tuborini wrote:

Starting today 18.03 can't make calls. I can receive and send texts. No one to talk to about this, no cost. service. Just looking at my phone like furniture, lol.

We'll listen to you!  Are you in Quebec?  If so, there was/is an issue affecting customers in Quebec and their outbound calling.  Haven't heard whether that has come back up yet.  

Unfortunately a lot of people in quebec are in the same boat as yours...nothing we can do but waiting after the problem is fixed...patience..

@Pizzaeh not fixed yet...Smiley Frustrated

irishman4
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lune881    pour Moi.....C'est l'enfer  ne peut faire aucun appels  comme bcp de gens on reçoit  la réponse  d'acheter un add-on...et en plus ne peut  reçevoir aucun appels (Moi je ne reçois ^pas d'appels en plus..) dans 3 heures ça vas faire   24 heures  suis décus  de Publicmobile...je m'attendais a un service professionnel

vus que ça apparteint maintenant a  Télus...qui une solide Réputation....mais pas aujourd'hui.. j'espère que  demain sa seras régler.....surtout  pour tous les gens qui viennent juste de payer..tous comme moi......

Pizzaeh

@tuborini wrote:

Starting today 18.03 can't make calls. I can receive and send texts. No one to talk to about this, no cost. service. Just looking at my phone like furniture, lol.

We'll listen to you!  Are you in Quebec?  If so, there was/is an issue affecting customers in Quebec and their outbound calling.  Haven't heard whether that has come back up yet.  

tuborini

In this case PM should/have the obligation to send out txt mess to all affected costumers,

not leave everyone without a clue as why they can't use the service they've paid for.

Public Mobile should offer reparations for this outage.

Lune881

J'ai le même problème je ne peux pas non plus appeler mais je peux recevoir les appels

@Luddite wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Lieux Did you ever get confirmation from someone at Public Mobile, or is it based on all the posts in the French forum?

For the bug? I don't have any confirmation from public mobile ...but A LOT OF PEOPLE in the french forum have the same problem and my 2 daughters...

Thanks. This lack of reporting by Public Mobile is the one thing about them that REALLY annoys me. Robot Mad

We can identify them as they happen but never get official confirmation. The moderators are NOT allowed to acknowledge problems even if they affect many customers.

It's just too bad because a lot of people are very angry and they need an explanation like...we are working on it...

tuborini

@Lieux wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Lieux Did you ever get confirmation from someone at Public Mobile, or is it based on all the posts in the French forum?

For the bug? I don't have any confirmation from public mobile ...but A LOT OF PEOPLE in the french forum have the same problem and my 2 daughters...

Thanks. This lack of reporting by Public Mobile is the one thing about them that REALLY annoys me. Robot Mad

We can identify them as they happen but never get official confirmation. The moderators are NOT allowed to acknowledge problems even if they affect many customers.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

tuborini

Can't make calls, starting today, 18.03.2019. I'm on auto-pay.

phone number removed by computergeek541

@Luddite wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Pizzaeh

@alexzhenma wrote:

I am pretty sure there is no outage at this time in QC. a lot of friends public mobile phones work just fine.  it happened to me just a few hours after I swtiched the sim card to my new phone, this must be something related on system level. and last time, when I had the same issue with the other public mobile nubmer, the custom serivce knew what went wrong ,and fixed it for me just lile 5 mins. please check again!

Yes, earlier there was a problem affecting Quebec customers and their outgoing calling.  This board was full of people posting about it earlier.  If it's slowing coming back up, it makes sense that certain areas of the province are up, while others are not back up yet.  I didn't see any official notice that the problem has been completely fixed.  Please stay tuned to this forum for announcments.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@alexzhenma wrote:

I am pretty sure there is no outage at this time in QC. a lot of friends public mobile phones work just fine.  it happened to me just a few hours after I swtiched the sim card to my new phone, this must be something related on system level. and last time, when I had the same issue with the other public mobile nubmer, the custom serivce knew what went wrong ,and fixed it for me just lile 5 mins. please check again!

@alexzhenma  - Happened to my phone also.  I will by trying the lost phone trick once the self serve portal comes back to life.  Keep in mind that there were scattered power outages in the Montreal area at around 4 PM.  Might have messed up some stuff.

EDIT:  Self serve finally came back to life.  Lost/stolen phone trick did not work.

@alexzhenma wrote:

In that case, you can try what i mentioned here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-make-calls-tell-me-it-s-long-distan...

alexzhenma

@alexzhenma wrote:

the phone I am using is iphone7 plus. I am in Quebec.  it happended after a few hours after I switch my new phone. 

That explains it. Looks like QC is having outage at this time. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-make-calls-tells-me-i-need-an-add-o...

GenPill

I'm also having this issue, it's really frustrating that there's no answer. My plan is still active and it's paid, yet we're all stuck unable to use what we are paying for...

alexzhenma

the phone I am using is iphone7 plus. I am in Quebec.  it happended after a few hours after I switch my new phone. 

@Cam26 wrote:

Every time I try to call it tells me it’s long distance and it’s not I can text and get calls but can’t make them 

Are you in Quebec?

eward1

No, i have a 52$ plan... my sis got a 30$ one and mom prolly has the 25$ one

Need Help? Let's chat.