cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make a call indoors.

jason222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The cellular Coverage in Peterborough area - specifically Fleming College main gate is not good at all.

Its now getting to the point where we will need to change carriers if it doesn't get better.

I work in a commercial building and have to go outside to use the phone.

There are other Telus customers around us that are experiencing the same spotty coverage. Is Public Mobile aware of this coverage issue and are there any plans to rectify it.

6 REPLIES 6

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jason222 

It sounds like you might be in a dead zone or the signal isn’t going through concrete walls even with 3G or 4G/LTE.

I know this is common for 5G.

Check the cell towers near your college and home and go with a carrier:

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html?lat=47.635784&lng=-447.956543&zoom=5&type=Road... 

El_Gato
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Now in your case the (not PM available) WIFI calling option would be the solution. 

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

Data works? 

it is weird both 4G and 3G not working. You would either use VoLTE it 3G for voice and one of them should work.  Do you have any VoLTE toggle on the Connection screen

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Obviously that is a poor PM/Telus reception area. We used to be with rogers and to get any reception at all had to go to the end of our driveway holding the phone above our head to get any reception. After switching to PM all is well with excellent reception anywhere in our house. If reception at that location is critical for you then unfortunately you should try another carrier.

jason222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Galaxy S23 and it's the same situation for both 3G and 4G.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jason222 

what phone you have? and you are using 5G or 4G? Did you try changing the network mode to 3G and 4G and 5G and try each one?

Need Help? Let's chat.