Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Points Joining Confirmation Email - Jan 24

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

We’ve been notified that some customers received an email confirming their switch to Public Points, our new Rewards program that is launching tomorrow.  If you have received this email, please disregard it. You will not be switched to Public Points automatically - joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers.

This email was triggered accidentally, due to back-end testing and preparation before the official launch date. Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points. 

Note:You will also receive another email from us that will confirm that you have not been switched to Public Points, and that you should disregard the email sent in error. We apologize for the mix-up!  

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team 

383 REPLIES 383

hairtothepie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This ages well today. Amazing what a couple years can do.

"Joining Public Points is optional for all existing Public Mobile customers."

"Not to worry, you will have the opportunity to switch over, if you choose, when we launch Public Points."

wonder why we all are a little more than pissed off.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Griffyn  Then everything is fine and you're still on the old rewards system 😃

Have a great day!

Griffyn

Thanks, BeachNBeer, for the prompt reply.  I did as you suggested and looked at my Rewards page...it still itemizes rewards using the old system.  At no point did I click on anything that said Join Points so I guess I'm good.  

Thanks again.

Mary

(love your name 🙂!)

Ignore, delete, sent in error.

BeachNBeer

@Griffyn  Public Mobile was testing things for the points and accidentally sent incorrect emails to everyone saying that they signed up to the points. It was not true and they made an announcement about that. So ignore that email!

Now as for the points itself. Did you actually log into your rewards account and click "Join Points"?. Then there would have be a page that you actually have to click a check box to confirm that you're changing and agree to the terms. Once you change you can't go back to old rewards.

Do you recall doing this? If you never did that and clicked the check box to confirm your want to switch over than dont worry you're still on old reward system.

You can also log into your my rewards account and if you see auto-pay reward. Then you're still on the old system as point system is different and there is no more auto-pay reward.

Let us know

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was a shamozzle of a launch. Ignore it all. Stay the course. Don't touch nothin'.

Griffyn

Hello,

I was going through some older emails and noticed one dated January 24th congratulating me for signing up for the new Public Points.  I'm not sure how I accidentally signed up for it because I don't want to switch.  I like the old system.  I decided to wait until the next payment went through to see if I had, in fact, signed up for Public Points but the confirmation of payment dated February 20th itemized the usual $1 off for friend referral, $2 off for autopay and $2 loyalty discount.  So I'm not sure if my next invoice will reflect the old system or the new Public Points system but I would like to continue with the old way of billing...would you please switch me back to the old system if I did accidentally sign up for the new one? 

I appreciate your help...thanks.

Mary

That's true @Yummy, however Public Mobile surely knows that a lot of its customers do not read the fine print and may make errors in judgment when tapping on certain buttons.

This gesture would demonstrate their willingness to correct any customer mis-judgements when exploring the new site.

Call it a 24-hour cool down or switchback... (whatever label)

It would be a great gesture on Public Mobile's part.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Nobody is forced to switch to new Points rewards.

Such email was send few weeks ago in error.

I believe the message said it takes couple days for the system to convert from Old rewards to New, so technically another 24 hours for "cool down" is not unreasonable.

I do agree after the "cool down" time, there should be NO exception in terms of reversing, afterall, customers should take some responsibility of their own act , especially a cool down period is given already

@Sty 

I am hopeful that if you did not intend to switch to the new rewards program, that public mobile may extend a "buyers remorse" type of period to revert you back.

@J_PM , is this something Public Mobile could consider for its loyal customers who accidentally switched?  Something like a 12 - 24 hour period upon which to reverse the change?  Seems like a very reasonable thing to offer.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Sty wrote:

I received an email to confirm I opted in the new reward plan. I sent a reply right away to confirm that I never opted in the new plan. Nobody got back to me so far. I received a message that I have lost my old reward including autopay and loyalty. Can I stay on to my old plan? I think it's ridiculous that I was switched without my approval.

@Sty  there were emails sent out in error weeks ago.

When did you receive this email? I am curious if they are sending out ones again...🙄

You need to OPT IN, by selecting the below tick box.

If you didn't do this, you did not switch over.

esjliv_0-1643560740190.png

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Sty 

PM sent it out by mistake. Login to your Self Serve account and click on Access Rewards and it should have all your current rewards in the Rewards system.

@Sty 

No worry if the email was from Jan 24, it was just sent out by mistakes, no one got switched over by the system automatically

This is the formal clarification from Community Manager:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

However, please note that all reward checking will be on the new website now (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards) , whether you are on the old reward system or the new one.  So, no worry to check the reward on the new portal, you are still on the old reward system

Sty
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I received an email to confirm I opted in the new reward plan. I sent a reply right away to confirm that I never opted in the new plan. Nobody got back to me so far. I received a message that I have lost my old reward including autopay and loyalty. Can I stay on to my old plan? I think it's ridiculous that I was switched without my approval.

@Mike420   I'd suggest that you don't even consider joining the new Public Points.   Those new points are quite inferior to the old rewards and once you switch, there's no going back. 

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Mike420 

not automatically,
but if want to switch to new rewards Login Page  joining Public Points.

read Points Rewards (publicmobile.ca)

@Mike420   

Please ignore that email.  You have NOT been automatically switched over.  It was an email just sent by mistakes.  You are still on the old system:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Mike420
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm confused I received an email stating I was enrolled in the new point system but never consented to that. I haven't even logged into the website.  Who do I need to reach out to correct this error?

chch518
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

same sitituation as mine. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ESC wrote:

After I read an email regarding the new points from Public Mobile, I received another email from Public Mobile right away for thanking me to join the new points system which I had never responded to join. In fact there was no selection for us to express our choice.  I want to remain on my existing Rewards plan.  How do I notify Public Mobile that they have a problem? I will terminate with Public Mobile if they don’t fix the problem. 

@ESC  see the announcement made about the communication error, for your reference, here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Public-Points-Joining-Confirmation-Emai...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ESC : Ignore the emails. You will not have been switched to the new system.

0PX9O4

@ESC 

That email was sent in error and a correction was later issued. You will remain on the old rewards plan unless you specifically click on the link within the new My Rewards portal, requesting to join the new points system.

ESC

After I read an email regarding the new points from Public Mobile, I received another email from Public Mobile right away for thanking me to join the new points system which I had never responded to join. In fact there was no selection for us to express our choice.  I want to remain on my existing Rewards plan.  How do I notify Public Mobile that they have a problem? I will terminate with Public Mobile if they don’t fix the problem. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@dacdoter 

You use the same login credentials as your self serve account. You can log in without fear just avoid the Join now link to be extra safe.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@dacdoter wrote:

Anyway, I still have 2 remaining questions: 

1. If I do want to log in to the telus website to see the status of my OLD $ rewards system, do I need to create a new account, or do I use the same credentials as my publicmobile.ca login?
  2. If I do not log in at all, just to be safe, will I keep getting the $4 in discounts I have been getting?  The login is only needed to verify what I'm currently getting?

Thanks!

@dacdoter   the new My Rewards Site (https://www.publicmobile.ca/myrewards  or https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2?response_type=code&scope=openid&client_id=20... )  is where you check your reward, whether you are on the Old Reward system or the New one. 

So,  no worry, just go ahead.  Since you are on the old reward system, you should it it referring everything in dollar value.

But , be aware of the side Tab "Join Public Points", DON'T click Join Now if you don't meant to

MyRewards- Opt-in_PublicPoints.jpg

dacdoter

I thank everyone who contributed to my conversation for help, both the people explaining why it should be ok, and the people warning me to be extra careful.  Oddly I thought I was posting a new topic, but it now appears I am in a very long reply to the announcement about the error email which said we were force converted.  Another strike against user-friendly design.

Anyway, I still have 2 remaining questions: 

1. If I do want to log in to the telus website to see the status of my OLD $ rewards system, do I need to create a new account, or do I use the same credentials as my publicmobile.ca login?
  2. If I do not log in at all, just to be safe, will I keep getting the $4 in discounts I have been getting?  The login is only needed to verify what I'm currently getting?

Thanks!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@chch518 

I already gave you a link to explain the economics of the change. 

@Zyl 

I agree that if pm allowed the redemption of points for phones that would make the points program much more palatable. There is nothing stopping them from making that change in the future and that may be the defining factor to actually get some longer term customers to actually switch to the program.

To say that a customer who purchases add ons on a regular basis needs to be on a higher plan does not take into consideration customers with an account that may or may not be their main account but one they use as a data account. The former $10 50/50 plan made this more compelling both with its base price and full speed 4G LTE data but it will still work using the $15 plan as a throw away plan (depending on usage ) and repeating the process yearly if the traditionally stacked promotions at year end continue to be offered and/or front end stacking of discounted vouchers is possible.

For those not familiar with the activation bundles offered by CCS they are currently being offered with the best discount of 20% off the first 2 months of service and a free sim card. At the end of the year CCS offered stacking promotions on the $25 plan. By activating on the $25 plan with the 20% discount on the first 2 months of service ($10 off)=$40+tax (13% ont residents=$5.20 elsewhere 5%=$2) customers qualified for a free third month credit ($25) and a 5gb bonus data add on. Additionally the customer qualified for the "more is merrier" holiday gifts of a 2gb bonus data add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes.

The customer account is credited with $50 (total autopay points value=2.5pts) - first month: $25 (1.25pts)=$25+$10 (bonus referral credit)=$35 schedule a change plan on next renewal to the $15 plan. $35 - second month $15=$20+$25 (free third month credit)=$45 credit towards a further 3 months of service that with maximum 89/90 day suspensions can stretch the service a further 12 months. This would allow for the account to recieve (hopefully) the fourth annual "more is merrier" gifts of a 2gb bonus data add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes yet again.

Public Points: Welcome gift points: 5pts+2.5pts (autopay points)=7.5pts+10pts (anniversary gift pts) =17.5pts

These points can be used to redeem for best value the discounted points redemption catalogue products of : 1GB data add on=10pts, US Roaming 10 day 1GB data add on=15pts, US Roaming 10 day Bundle: Talk+Text+250mb=15pts, US Roaming 10 day Bundle Talk+Text=10pts, US Roaming 10 day 500mb=10pts, US Roaming 10 day Talk or Text or 250mb data=5pts or 500mb data=10pts and also 2.5pts left over to use toward the 1pt entry for the "Lucky Draw"contests of one of three : (iPhone 13) or (Beats Studio Ear Buds).

$40+tax buys a "data plan account" w/first month of the $25/1gb plan and 4 months of the $15/250mb plan and (if stretched to 12 months) will have on the account :

• 5gb bonus data add on
  • 2×holiday gift 2gb bonus data add ons=4gb of bonus data add ons
  • 2×holiday gift 500 international long distance calling minutes=1000 calling minutes
  • 17.5 Public Points rewards to redeem for points catalogue redemption rewards.

So there is some advantages a customer can employ to maximize the rewards in the new points reward program. Rinse and repeat.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

chch518

good point.  I agree : The new points system sucks compared to the old reward program

why did PM lead us  to change ? 

chch518

thx for your input. I did.

But I don't believe the new points systems is better/cheaper than the old system. 

now 1 point=$1, it is not realistic , sooner or later , 100 points=$1. or 1000 points=$1, which is industry standard.

do you like to bet on it? 

Need Help? Let's chat.