cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Refer-a-Friend Bonus When Switched to New Rewards Program

nadiadalim
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was forced to switch to the new Rewards program but is seems like I lost my refer-a-friend bonus that I was getting previously. Is this normal or just a switch-over error?

Thanks in advance for the help.

7 REPLIES 7

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

glad it helps

nadiadalim

Ah okay I see it now, thanks everyone!

slusagm

the My Referrals screenshot is for New referral you got.  So, you had one new in Sept 2023

and now, everyone in Public Points since May.  PM no longer add the friend referrals in $., but they add rewards point.  Check your My Rewards transaction and you will see it

nadiadalim

nadiadalim_0-1719503791472.png

If I look at the breakdown it says the referral was in Sept 2023 but I stopped getting the referral bonus even though the person I referred is still using Public Mobile. The weirder thing is as recently as April 2024, before I switched plans and to the new rewards system, I was getting the referral bonus. I'm so confused...

nadiadalim_1-1719503974614.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@nadiadalim 

here's an overview of the points program...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

added...

double check that your referral still maintains an active Public Mobile account.

slusagm

@nadiadalim 

you won't lose those friend referrals.  They just not showing it like before

The friend rewards points will be added to your My Rewards account a day or two after renewal.   When was the last time your plan renewed?  Check Rewards transaction to confirm

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@nadiadalim - It will not show anymore, but you will continue to receive refer-a-friend rewards with no issue, unless your refer-a-friend user has left public mobile.

Need Help? Let's chat.