cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixel 2XL and Pixel 3 unable to roam

Ostrichfur
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My sisters have both in thr last week switched to public mobile, one runs a pixel 2XL and the other a pixel 3. On both devices they are unable to connect to AT&T at all. In automatic network selection their devices say "no networks available" but if I go to manual selection AT&T is there. When I tap them it loads for a bit then says "couldn't connect" 

11 REPLIES 11

golfball
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I would try submitting a ticket to support as I'm not sure why it wouldn't work as long as data roaming is enabled.

Ostrichfur

Both devices connect to the public mobile network in Canada no problem, they do drop down to 3G for phone calls but I expected that. I understood that they wouldn't be able to make calls on roaming but they should be able to use data and text

golfball

You can't use Verizon either as it needs a VoLTE connection to make calls and data doesn't work for whatever reason. 

I'm not sure why you can't at least get data or texts working on AT&T though. PM is very particular about which devices they properly support and they do not treat older devices well, this has an impact even when roaming.

Ostrichfur

Technically in Canada but right on the Minnesota border west of International Falls. I've had a roaming plan with bell and never had any issues here for years.

I tried power cycling a few times now, no luck with Verizon also. 

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Ostrichfur 

where US you are in?

Reboot the phone and try again with AT&T

you can also try Verizon, the Help articles same Verizon is a roaming partner too, just I didn't see much talk about this new partner

Ostrichfur

Roaming data is enabled. T-Mobile does not show up on manual connection. Only AT&T and Verizon (forbidden). 

slusagm

@Ostrichfur 

you have roaming data enabled on the phone?

and when you are on manual connection, you see T-Mobile?

Ostrichfur

I have also tried a network rest with no luck 

Ostrichfur

Network is set to 4G on both devices and T-Mobile doesn't have coverage in the area. My sister has the same 34/mo plan with a newer iPhone and has no issues connecting. 

slusagm

@Ostrichfur 

try manual connect on T-Mobile

and change network mode to 4G 

golfball

From what I can tell your phones are too old and don't have VoLTE support on Public Mobile. As 3G is shutdown in the US you need VoLTE to make calls on AT&T.

There also seems to be some network issues going on in the states which may be contributing to your problem as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.