Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar New Year Offer

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community! 

To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can get a 2GB data bonus every month for 8 months, on any plan $25/mo or more online.

Offer Details:

• Offer applies to the $25, $35, $40, $50 and $60 plans. This offer is not stackable with other in-market offers. This offer is subject to change without notice..

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before Feb 2, 2022, 11:59PM EST
  2. Once your email address has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a promo code.
  3. Activate with the same email address by Feb 18, 2022.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM will arrive in 3-10 days. Order by February 2 and activate by March 1 to get this deal. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 8 months after activation.

Jade_S_0-1643066738486.png

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

28 REPLIES 28

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think this could work if they provided attractive Public-Koodo or Public-Telus migration plans like the $40 8 GB plan a few years ago. Haven't seen one in ages....

@softech wrote:

@RGeek wrote:

Hi, is it applicable only for new connections?

Only for new activation.

The focus is always new customers. Existing customers don't qualify. (Unless they start new accounts.)

I think PM would gain more by trying to upgrade existing subscribers than by trying to capture new subscribers. Give customers motivation to move away from the lowest-cost plans which generate little profit and drag down the averages. But at this point in time that's just not the way things are done by Canadian carriers, corporate dinosaurs don't change what used to work for them in the past, even when better methods could be tried.

@Barbie0707  you mention the $25 plan and 250 MB data. The 250 MB is the $15 plan. $25 plan is 500 + 500 MB if on Autopay plus the LNY bonus if applicable.

AE_Collector

Barbie0707
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Many thanks TideGnow! I've tried the link for submitting the ticket according to your instruction, while got a 404 page after the last step i.e. "click here to submit a ticket". Will try the private message. Thanks again!

HI @Barbie0707   We have couple discussions here before, it looks like as long as you are with the minimum plan required for the promotion, you would be find.  the LNY promotion is for plan $25 or above.  So, you should be good.

HOWEVER, I suggest you to open a ticket with PM Support to confirm that before changing.  Then you have their reply in writing just in case

To open a ticket with PM Support. Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Barbie0707

I purchased $50 plan and became Public Mobile customer from Feb 1st. In my profile, it shows that I enjoy the LNY offer of 2GB data and I'm in 1/8 cycle. My question is if I change my plan from $50 to $25, shall I still enjoy the LNY offer i.e. 250MB + 2GB data?

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech well I don't know whether to be happy or sad (or both). Here I was thinking FINALLY something for everyone (besides Christmas goodies) even if it's only for 8 months. And after 2 weeks +, PM never even bothered to correct the error!

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Augh! Finally an offer that doesn't state for new customers only, & I missed it!!! 😭

@bluejaywpg  you didn't miss anything   🙂

It is for new activation.. , it didn't say it clearly, but these are the 2 hints for new activation (the activation they refer to is for new account activation ) 

1. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  2. Bonus data will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 8 months after activation.

bluejaywpg

Augh! Finally an offer that doesn't state for new customers only, & I missed it!!! 😭

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@BTKF    Yes, it seems proofreading is not something that is practised much around here, at least for official announcements there should be a higher standard.  JMO... 😊

BTKF

Dang, like most other people here it seems, I thought by the way it was phrased that it was good for everyone, not just new activations. 

I can confirm that if you go through the process, the code they give you is for new activations only. 

PM needs to proof read their announcements! 

@RGeek wrote:

Hi, is it applicable only for new connections? How to add it to existing plans with Auto Pay?

Were you a PM customer in December? Did you get the freebies they handed out to existing customers which are given to help appease existing customers (who signed up in the past under what ever sort of new customer offer was available at that time) and reward then for remaining loyal. All companies have sign up perks for “new customers only” to help sway them over from the competition. You have to start from scratch with a new SIM card and new phone number but the good news is that you actually can do that if it is beneficial for you because you aren’t locked into a two year contract here like you would be at many other providers.

AE_Collector 

@RGeek wrote:

Hi, is it applicable only for new connections? How to add it to existing plans with Auto Pay?

@RGeek   Only for new activation.

RGeek

Maybe it is a permanent 2GB every 30 days for DIY “online” activations? Like the offer has been for the last half a year or so except the dealer activation is bumped to first 8 months rather than first 6 months?

AE_Collector

Breathlesshush

@Baloo : Well...lol...the announcement does not say new. It says activations though. Another change along with not mentioning the $70 plan is that this says in-store.

The fine print says new. And online. And says $25 or more but then also further down does not mention $70.

Good ol' copy/paste.

I have to agree - NOWHERE in the main post does it mention "New activations only". It is very misleading, and frankly, disappointing. If I may make a suggestion:

Edit the main post to CLEARLY state only new activations are eligible for offer. Please.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

The LAST new customer offer failed to include the $60 plan even though it was included on $35, $40, $50 and $70 plans. This one isn’t available to someone signing up on the $70 plan? Assuming this is an error, can’t someone pay a little bit more attention to detail on this stuff? It’s constant!

AE_Collector

helenhelen

So this is for new activations only then? Not old customers? I almost switched my plan to access this but I have a grandfathered $30 plan and would lose it, so I am glad I read the other comments here!

dna2016

2GB for 8 months, not sure if this will truly draw people in, especially if the promo is not stackable with other potential promos. If you're really trying to attract new activations I think you gotta add a little something more to this. 2GB for a limited time (8 months) and not stackable, I don't know, I don't see too many people rushing to activate just for this.

Colleen_O
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile definitely needs to edit this announcement if it is for new customers only. When I first read it, I assumed it was for all Public Mobile customers because of the way that the intro paragraph is worded: "To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can get …." Nowhere in that paragraph does it state is for NEW customers only and vaguely implies it's for new customers at the end of the announcement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baloo : Well...lol...the announcement does not say new. It says activations though. Another change along with not mentioning the $70 plan is that this says in-store.

The fine print says new. And online. And says $25 or more but then also further down does not mention $70.

Good ol' copy/paste.

@Baloo  yes, unfortunately,  it is only for new activation. 

Baloo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to ask, this is only on new activations, not plan changes?

LeePublic

@J_PM Should the $70 plan be included? Not listed on the announcement.

@J_PM wrote:

edit made - no minutes this year. Instead, we added more data! 😁

Will take anything free  🙂

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

edit made - no minutes this year. Instead, we added more data! 😁

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Second year in a row, this can be a new Lunar Year tradition!!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM    Are there also some LD minutes in addition to the 2GB bonus data for this LNY promo since all the plans eligible have unlimited Canada wide minutes already?  Just confused about the following line in your announcement.

"Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle."

Need Help? Let's chat.