Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Public Points ™

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news to share with the Public Mobile Community. We wanted you all to be the first to know we’re launching a new Rewards program soon - Public Points. 

Joining Public Points is optional for all existing customers. 

Your current rewards will remain the same. You’ll continue to earn in the same ways, and save the same amount. 

Once we launch the new program, all new customers will earn their rewards through Public Points.

If you’re interested in learning more about Public Points, and how you can join, we’ve provided some information below.

Why Public Points?

With Public Points, there are more ways to earn and spend rewards, making the program more flexible than before. Now you can earn and spend points how you want, when you want. You’re in control.

How does Public Points work?

Earn Points

Get rewarded in more ways than ever. Earn points just for paying your bill – for every dollar you spend, you’ll make 5% of it back in points.

Redeem points

We like to keep things simple. 1 point earned is valued at 1 dollar when redeemed - that’s it! 

Start saving

Redeem points on things that matter to you – like money off your bill, free add-ons or the chance to win awesome prizes.

Our Rewards Program has and continues to be our unique super power, by giving our customers the chance to earn even more!

Stay tuned for further details soon!

- Public Mobile Team

282 REPLIES 282

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Korth 

Yes that's true but that would be a huge bungle to change an entire rewards program to only save $2 worth of points from each customer on the points program per year.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Korth but the excel spreadsheet prepared by PM confirmed that Anniversary Bonus is 10 points every year and not 20 on the 2nd year 

@softech ... to be fair ... nobody's been on the point system for 2 full years at this time. So nobody has the answer yet. And nobody will until the first of those two year terms has finished rolling.

Sure, PM has carefully detailed and explained things. But it wouldn't be the first time they managed to mangle their meaning with wrong language, and it wouldn't be the first time they suddenly decide to change their intentions or implementations of the rules at the last moment. PM has proved itself consistently inconsistent in certain ways.

@EdN   sorry, it is just 10 points on the anniversary.  Always 10 points   😞

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For the loyalty rewards, 10 points per year.  Is that 10 points after the first year, 20 points after the second year etc.or is it 10 per year annually.  Is there a maximum.  Thanks, sorry if this has already been anwereed, did not read all the replies.

jib_tech

@CountyDownIeUk 

My guess is its a glitch because I'm active in my self serve account.

@jib_tech wrote:

Anyone else getting "account suspended"in their rewards account?

Ah come on, give a break PM! Is this true? A change now flaws?

@jib_tech So far, no for me. But I cannot login on my iPad at all for rewards buy Account is ok and can’t use safari on my iMac but does work on chrome. And not a fan of chrome.  Will have to check tomorrow as my payment is due on Wednesday. 

If there are any typos in my post, is because that annoying survey thing popped up🤪

jib_tech

Anyone else getting "account suspended"in their rewards account?

@smp99 wrote:

with all the activity around the new rewards, this thread alone will elevate some people to get Community Rewards next month 

A quick adjustment to community rewards POINTS would counter that….

AE_Collector

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

with all the activity around the new rewards, this thread alone will elevate some people to get Community Rewards next month 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@smp99 : My bet would be on everything stays the same. NEW _accounts_ would be put on the new system.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Currently on old rewards.  If I change my plan, eg move from $25 plan to $15, I'm hoping that will not auto enrol me into the new rewards point system.

Tried to log in into My Rewards. Got this for every tab:

Oops!
Something went wrong
This page is currently unavailable or down for maintenance. Return

@Shaya916 wrote:

I do not want to switch … how do I make sure you have switched me??

@Shaya916 

Check your My Rewards login.  See what ones you have. Just don’t click the option to switch over to points. 

No one was automatically switched to the new rewards. An email was sent in error to many customers. To confirm, log into your rewards section to see what sort of rewards you see there.

AE_Collector

@Shaya916 wrote:

Hi @Shaya916   You menat  "how do I make sure you have NOT switched me??"

There is nothing to do to stay

To confirm, just login to My Rewards website with the same password and username as My Account, you will see everything in $ value, then you are good

Shaya916
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@makkahn28 wrote:

@pm-smayer97 , Not really, the $$$ one gets via Loyalty, Auto-Pay, etc, PM has not created a system that would let the PM Client save that money, the only way would be adding Funds manually before next billing cycle

Not sure what you are talking about. I keep getting $ from Loyalty, AutoPay, etc. saved up. I can use it for whatever I want, including paying for plan, add-ons, etc.

@DMC wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@DMC wrote:

Hmm, if it really is only a fixed $10 a year now for loyalty, then that's an awful and drastic change because I'm about to hit 5 years in March to earn $60 a year.  Losing $50 a year by switching is not worth it at all.  I guess the one time switching points is supposed to entice you of which I would earn 65 points, so would be temporarily ahead, but it'll be wiped out too fast losing $50 a year.

Yes, it is only a FIXED $10/yrs Anniversary bonus and fixed $1/mon Loyalty. So switching is not really beneficial for anyone that has been with PM for more than 22 month...If you have one of the plans over $40, then the numbers change a little but not much.

See my analysis here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Introducing-Public-Points/m-p/777931/hi...

So I'm a little confused on your analysis because I see the loyalty part differently.  You say loyalty is broken up into 2 parts of $10 a year for anniversary and $1/month.  However, I don't read it that way.  I only see the fixed $10 a year anniversary plus a ONE TIME loyalty bonus for every month you've been with PM for existing customers.  Currently for me that's 58 months, so I get a one time $58 bonus if I switch today.  However, this $1/month doesn't exist for new users and they will only get $10 a year for anniversary, so I'm confused where your $22/year comparison comes in.

I've since learned that the Loyalty Perk is a ONE-TIME pay-out, and not an ongoing reward, as I first thought. So you are right. 😉

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

You do realize that pm revamped the rewards program so they could stem the reversal of cash flow caused by the maturation of loyalty rewards across the whole approximately 400,000 (=$2M) subscribership in 2016 and the addition of 60,000 (+$300K) customers from the fall 2016 promo means pm is handing out $2.3 M in loyalty rewards every 30 days or $6.9 M every 90 days.

The intention was to keep it compelling enough to attract customers and get a better return on their rewards investment. Friend referrals=new customers and community rewards=free customer service+support  community forum=free marketing+social media

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@makkahn28 

I understand some customers really value full speed 4G LTE data. I have two regular accounts $10 50/50 w/add on data at full speed 4G LTE and the $15 plan w/4G LTE throttled to 3mbps I really see very little difference between the two and switching to the 3G network can easily get 20+mbps if higher mobile data speeds are needed.

My service is also uninterrupted every 30 days with no worries of an autopay failure due to both accounts having account credits and rewards exceeding both plan amounts. Since the $10 plan is grandfathered I have no hope of spending the credit unless I somehow use up all of the free data add ons (16gb) and minute add ons (1500 Canada wide+1400 international) +$3 in loyalty rewards still to be earned and $12 credited to my account each 30 days.

The $15 plan is covered each month with one extra referral (used to be 2 but oops missed a 90 day deadline) and also has $3 in loyalty rewards to be earned and half the account credit of the $10 plan. It also has free data add ons (22gb) and minutes (2500 canada wide +1400 international) 

I am currently referring from the bf's account $15 - $7=$8 (-$5×6months)=$3 w/$3 loyalty to earn.

Now if you are happy with your plan then great but if you looked at your actual usage and If you have been collecting the "more is merrier" minute and data add ons you are probably paying for services you dont need and if you even gave the 3G network a try to compare data speed and latency and see if you would really miss the full speed 4G LTE data (do you watch a lot of video or game on your phone?)

How much do you call the US? 200 min? 300 min? 500 min a month? Assuming you have the freebie add ons each years gift is more than 8 hours of talk time and the US calling add at $15/1000 min is more than 16 hours of talk time.

Moving to the $35/3gb plan -$8=$27 per 30 days w/500 international+1000 US minutes ($15) would give you 2 hours of US calling on average per month and add $1.25 on average per month $27+$1.25=$28.25 per 30 days/$86.25 per 90 days/$345 per 360 days vs $126/90 days/$504 per 360 days savings of $159 per 360 days 

But to each their own that's for sure.....

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Wonder, if PM did some rewards like Gift Cards for buying groceries, that would be a start, before introducing the big toys

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Here's what I think PM should do to try to entice the masses to embrace the Greater Points that the Public wish could go Mobile fast:

Introduce VoLTE to perhaps the Higher Echelons of plans, Including the GF Plans

Perhaps for the Higher Echelons of Plans, LTE Speed data

Now for the New Rewards, Here's what I would have done:

If every 1 Point = $1

and that 5% thing, I would have done

1 Point = $1, But that on occasions, like Valentine's or other unique occasions, Perhaps 1 Point = $2.50-$3.50

5% should start at 8% and every year, rise every 2-4% for, let's say, 5 Yrs

Normally Auto-Pay being $2 or $6 if on 90 Day cycle

Perhaps also, if on Auto-Pay and maintain a consistent Auto-Pay on time streak, offer an additional point on top of the 2 points, so 5 points = $5 for the 30 Day cycle

90 Day, let's say one keeps an consistent Auto-Pay for 3 Payment cycles, they get an additional 6 points, so 12 points = $12

Loyalty, if on old system, if Cap was 5 yrs, and 1 point per 30 day, or 3 points per 90 day, it should be

4 points per 30 day to after 1st year, then 8 points next yer, then 12, then 16 and finally 20 points

if on 90 day cycle, 6 points 1st year, then 12, the 18, then 24 and finally 30 points

Also, what if there were some daily challenges that would earn additional points, perhaps a 5-10 point challenge and maybe that would draw more ppl to see PM more positively

Also, I think, PM should offer something similar to what Virgin Mobile offers in their rewards, But, perhaps start off carefully first to test the waters

I wonder, what kind of rewards, points system ppl want?

The fact, let's try to be fair, and not too overly hoarding on $$$$, there's more to life than $$$$ so sometimes it's good to take pause and reflect on the important things 

ottawa

@makkahn28 wrote:

I have 90 days of straight uninterrupted service, and the $21 Savings, from the Loyalty and Auto-Pay, 150-21= $129, so, $129 divided by 3 months = $43 per 30 Day

Plus, the plan has Unlimited Canada-Wide Talk + US Long-Distance + Unlimited Global Txt + 6 GB Data

I assume this is 6GB/mo and not 6GB for 90 days. Fizz will sell you that (but no US LD) for $37/mo, Canada-wide roaming but you have to live in "QC" (which includes Ottawa and Hwy 417) and use it 50+% in "QC". Not saying you should switch to Fizz, just that if I wanted 4G speeds, Fizz is much more competitive vs $22.92 from PM than vs $18 from PM (I don't need 4G but if I'm helping a friend change carriers, PM is now much less competitive for anyone who wants significant data and/or 4G).

In any event, I'm not sure your 90 day plan qualifies for the new Points program? Was it offered after January 26, 2015? (Serious question, I've lost track). 

@makkahn28 wrote:

But, I'd also be happy to have the $$$ I saved in the rewards build up over time too

Not me, like my TD Visa and Rogers MC, I would be cashing out as soon as I hit the minimum (one exception: if the minimum is too high, I might always keep the minimum there, I used to do that with MBNA MC Rewards).

I'm taking it as a given that the Points can be redeemed for statement credit (to pay the bill) like most CC rewards programs. If it's ONLY for stupid things like raffles and experiences, I'd be counting it as worth $0 for any comparison with Lucky, Fizz, etc.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Well, we’ve pieced this together one bit at a time and have most of The unknown figured out. Still some unknowns that could show up to bite us later…..

They *could* put the brakes on our progression towards the 5 year loyalty cap to help convince us to switch. I don’t think that will happen right now but maybe down the road a little?

As someone mentioned a couple of pages back, they could make other improvements to things here that will only be available to people on the new points system. Higher 3G speed cap, VoLTE access, straight data improvements to monthly plans etc.

AE_Collector

ottawa

@gpixel wrote:

the 2 reduced rewards can be made up in other ways. the most important reward is still here

I don't know which you consider the most important, but for all the accounts I look after (almost all $25/mo), it's Loyalty. Switching is pointless for any of them. If/when PM forces us onto the new system (I'm guessing about 5 years from now), it will make the competition much more... competitive.

Autopay at $24/yr is nice and dropping to $15/yr (5%*$25*12) is unfortunate but only $9/yr. The extra 500MB for autopay is actually enough reason to do it, the $2 isn't really necessary. But Loyalty is dropping from $60/yr to $10/yr. There are a couple of friends I moved over to PM in 2020, so for those newbies it would be a drop from $12/yr to $10/yr, but soon would be a drop from $24/yr to $10/yr.

Lucky's 1GB plans are the same price as PM (to pick an example), running on the same network I guess. At $18/mo ($25-$5-$2) on the legacy Rewards program, PM's 1GB plan beats Lucky by $7/mo and the Rewards are "golden handcuffs" keeping them on PM forever. At $22.92/mo ($25-$0.83-$1.25) on the new Points program, PM is still cheaper but only by $2.08/mo. A generous new-customer promotion elsewhere would be much more appealing than it is now.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious The 90 Day plan is not as restrictive, I have 90 days of straight uninterrupted service, and the $21 Savings, from the Loyalty and Auto-Pay, 150-21= $129, so, $129 divided by 3 months = $43 per 30 Day

That is by far, cheaper than any plan I see, especially since I have the LTE speeds

Plus, the plan has Unlimited Canada-Wide Talk + US Long-Distance + Unlimited Global Txt + 6 GB Data

The price for the Plan currently on PM,s 30 Day, $50, though with 10 GB, But it's 3G Speeds

I have my preferences, plus a high standard

And, add another $3 for the referral loyalty, that makes it $24 savings, so, 150 - 24 = 126

126 divided by 3 = $42 per 30 Day

I'd take that savings

But, I'd also be happy to have the $$$ I saved in the rewards build up over time too

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 

Why would you want to save that money in your pm account when you could save it in your bank account and spend it any way you like?

Curiously....other than the 90 day plan that I think is restrictive especially if suspending your service. Do you value full speed 4G LTE data that much to be paying $25/1gb? ($150/6gb) At that price a 4G LTE data throttled to 3mbps in market plan has 10.5gb of data. The $40/5gb and the $35/3gb would give you 2.5× and 1.5× the data you currently have and save you $10/30 days and $15/30 days or $30/90 days or $45/90 days.

@AE_Collector wrote:

On MY account I also am showing one extra number that wasn’t there before but I seem to recall 1-2 years ago a referral doing a number change so maybe that’s where this extra number is from.

I got a random referral a couple years ago, too. Some number I don't recognize. Maybe a typo or maybe picked up my referral code somewhere, I don't solicit or advertise it online but I do notice I was too lazy to mask it out of all my Self-Serve screenshots. A reliable referral, month after month, who ended up outlasting certain others I expected to happily stick around. I just say thank you stranger, you saved yourself ten bucks and you saved me more, lol.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 , Not really, the $$$ one gets via Loyalty, Auto-Pay, etc, PM has not created a system that would let the PM Client save that money, the only way would be adding Funds manually before next billing cycle

Need Help? Let's chat.