cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Chatbot SIMon is smarter + has a new look!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Exciting news!

We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make our chatbot:

• Easier for you to get your answers faster. Who wants to type anyways? We’ve added a ton of buttons, which you can simply tap, and SIMon will provide you with corresponding answer to that topic or question. This helps increase the likelihood that the bot understands your question, and we think is a great feature for those who are slow typers or simply prefer the ease of clicking a button.
  • Smarter and more action oriented so you get better answers. We’ve added more questions, and modified many existing questions to provide you with more information that’s relevant to your question. Depending on your question, you may notice more links to our recently revamped Knowledge Base articles or other parts of our website.

We hope that SIMon will quickly become your one-stop shop to answer your questions.

We’re hopeful that Chatbot 2.0 will answer a lot of FAQs and reduce the general questions we see on the Community!

-Public Mobile Community Team

30 REPLIES 30

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

We welcome Simon's good make-over. Appreciated

curtisrobicheau
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is impressive

dna2016

This is great especially for the MODS, hopefully users will refer to the Chatbot, SIMon, first before sending any message to MODs or even posting on the community forum.  Any resources available to customers for them to e able to handle themselves is a great tool since PM is pretty much a DIY type company.  Hopefully SIMon provides proper guidance in  customer resolution support.  Guess we'll see how this goes.  Fingers crossed.

pakmode

Good stuff PM, let's see how it goes.

JFF

Tried it, not too bad. 

szymon247

I've been with PM for a while now and I'm familiar with the forums here but this is literally the first time I see this!

Unfortunately, it contains very small amounts of information.

If this was updated/extended with some of the helpful posts/guides that people made around the forums, grouped and placed in the most accessible places (like the main website and main community page) that would mean fever repetitive questions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm.  Not surprisingly, looks just like the Koodo bot, but with answers based on PM's plans, functionality, etc.  Any improvement is a good thing.

@szymon247 wrote:

While it's nice that there are improvements, a neatly organized and sortable Wiki is almost always an infinitely better solution, not to mention easier and cheaper to maintain. The user also knows straight away if the answer is there, without ambiguity and wondering whether they're asking the right questions.

I know that we have the forums, but that requires the user to navigate through a structure consisting of mostly non-informative posts to find the information they need. A structure that new users do not know their way around. The data presentation for a new user is almost always better through wikis, even FAQ formats divided into sections. If the most informative forum posts were made into wiki articles/FAQ answers and were easily visible from the main page and self-serve (perhaps with linked forum topic for extra information and help), there would be no need for a chatbot, which are generally hardly used and even less frequently used successfully. There would be also less duplicate questions and fewer questions to the support team that the bot immediately redirects to, despite most issues having easy solutions posted on the forums, solutions that many users simply can't find.

We have this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base and a solid search function...

While stuff like a broken password reset function should not be a thing at an online only provider in 2018, considering how many times a day people create a new topic for it, or ask the same question right under the solution in the thread they are replying to, makes it clear to me that people are just not willing to spend a minute to read, Wiki, FAQ, Chatbot or otherwise.

Dandes

Thank you for offering us new technologie to use to our advantage. I’m personaly not a fan of bots but can’t wait to try it out! 

szymon247

While it's nice that there are improvements, a neatly organized and sortable Wiki is almost always an infinitely better solution, not to mention easier and cheaper to maintain. The user also knows straight away if the answer is there, without ambiguity and wondering whether they're asking the right questions.

I know that we have the forums, but that requires the user to navigate through a structure consisting of mostly non-informative posts to find the information they need. A structure that new users do not know their way around. The data presentation for a new user is almost always better through wikis, even FAQ formats divided into sections. If the most informative forum posts were made into wiki articles/FAQ answers and were easily visible from the main page and self-serve (perhaps with linked forum topic for extra information and help), there would be no need for a chatbot, which are generally hardly used and even less frequently used successfully. There would be also less duplicate questions and fewer questions to the support team that the bot immediately redirects to, despite most issues having easy solutions posted on the forums, solutions that many users simply can't find.

This is so interesting.  Just tried some questions, most would give me the link.

Now PM need less oracles. Smiley Happy

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Suggestion for 2.1 would be to setup some regular expression or create keyword filter for trash filler words like "what" and "is". Other than that, it is a step in the right direction.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

I get this obsolete feeling right about now.  Smiley Sad

Haha... Don't worry, reports of the obsolescence of Oracles are somewhat premature.  Smiley Happy

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Interesting..I hope this can help...I guess any improvement is good.

rdm_17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hope u made out ok

popping

@will13am wrote:

Haha... It may take a while for the ChatBot to take over your contribution to our community.

@will13am wrote:

Is there a penalty if I never suggest to posrters that they use Simon? Maybe noone will notice the improvement.

Hope Simon does not accept referrals. Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Haiggy

I asked how to suspend a line, but I got billing support-related answers.

Lol, just a useless as it ever was

What is data ?  "I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that question. 🙁"

What is a phone?  "I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that question. 🙁"

Who is Public Mobile?  "I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that question. 🙁"

smp99

@jp2 wrote:

It will be nice when Simon can fix basic account issues such as autopay failed 

Actually you may be on to something here

What if there was a form that got filled out for Moderator Issues. Instead of a general private message, have a form. Have various options relating to ports, passwords, payments, whatever.

Depending on the subject, it could get routed to proper support people. Eg Password reset could likely get handled by summer interns. Credit card issues might be handled by some more senior, but part of accouting. Stuck ports by a tech support named Bruce :).  You get the idea

But, someone would have to build it. But then again, someone built SIMon v2

jp2

It will be nice when Simon can fix basic account issues such as autopay failed 

I asked about 'call forwarding' - got nothing.

Asked about voicemail - link to all calling options, including call forwarding.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

ashleyb

Thank you! This is helpful 

smp99

Wow!

I just went under the pretense that I forgot my password. Very interactive and quite impressed with the results even suggestions for in case it bogs down. I never even had to ask the question, it was part of the tree of questions/answers

drmartin

@Alan_K wrote:

Hey Community,

Exciting news!

We’ve been working hard behind the scenes to make our chatbot:

• Easier for you to get your answers faster. Who wants to type anyways? We’ve added a ton of buttons, which you can simply tap, and SIMon will provide you with corresponding answer to that topic or question. This helps increase the likelihood that the bot understands your question, and we think is a great feature for those who are slow typers or simply prefer the ease of clicking a button.
  • Smarter and more action oriented so  you get better answers. We’ve added more questions, and modified many existing questions to provide you with more information that’s relevant to your question. Depending on your question, you may notice more links to our recently revamped Knowledge Base articles or other parts of our website.

We hope that SIMon will quickly become your one-stop shop to answer their questions.

We’re hopeful that Chatbot 2.0 will answer a lot of FAQs and reduce the general questions we see on the Community!

-Public Mobile Community Team

Sounds great! Thanks for the hard work. 🙂 Hope it also frees up the mods!

youbme

Nice improvement!

In general I'm not a fan of these automated chat bots, but considering the nature of PM support a well designed bot can make a huge difference for customers trying to get help and are frustrated with the forum approach.

Wongster94

Wow the Chatbot SIMon is very good with answering questions. Hoping everyone will be able to get quick answers to questions about PM!

popping

Just tried ChatBot.  

The Contact US button opens the private message form. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Great news hopefully will help people with the easy to resolve issues that can be done by themselves.  I never had the chance as I was away for the testing period will give SIMon a try now.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.