cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From September 15 to 16 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 15, 2018 until September 16, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store on a 30-day plan from September 15 to September 16, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

76 REPLIES 76

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gayleeddy wrote:

I didnt get the credit for the month free. I just got the 2 dollar autopay credit 

@Gayleeddy

Did you read wetcoaster's reply to you in the other thread you posted in?

What does it say next to Available Funds?

Gayleeddy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I didnt get the credit for the month free. I just got the 2 dollar autopay credit 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fasteddy69 wrote:

this is  crap    who resolves this  stuff   im  suspended i obviosely  paid  the  first  30  days

That is crap. Sorry to hear about the mix-up.

So you went to a store and got the SIM and activated there in store during the promotional time frame?

Did you pay for a SIM?

If yes then you'll need to contact the mods unfortunately.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

fasteddy69

this is  crap    who resolves this  stuff   im  suspended i obviosely  paid  the  first  30  days

fasteddy69

i paid my first  3 0   days  why am i suspended  second month should be free

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Ramin_1 wrote:

I participated in this promotion.

I bought my sim card from wow mobile store at 15th of Sep but I did not receive the credit yet

Public mobile moderators do not respond to my messages too

You should get your credit within 72 hours.  Send a private message to moderator for help.

Click the following link to send a private message to Community Moderators to ask for help.
Please include your PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
- Complete mailing address,
- Email address,
- Alternate phone number,
- Date of birth,
- Last top up date & amount

Community Moderators are available from:
Monday to Friday from 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT)
Saturday and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ramin_1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I participated in this promotion.

I bought my sim card from wow mobile store at 15th of Sep but I did not receive the credit yet

Public mobile moderators do not respond to my messages too

drmartin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@6500K wrote:

I need another sim card and I just missed this deal - didn't realize it was in this part of the forum.  I'd better visit here more often.

@Wongster94 wrote:

I snagged this deal just in time! Keep up with the promos 😄

Grab yourself a coffee and join the fam here in the community more often, you're very welcome!  There are so many deals all the time, don't think you'll be waiting for long.

I need another sim card and I just missed this deal - didn't realize it was in this part of the forum.  I'd better visit here more often.

@Wongster94 wrote:

ottawa

This was a key point of the pre-paid concept that I didn't quite grasp at first. Koodo has a similar model in their pre-paid side. It had been my imaginings that the rollover meant that what you're paying for each month accumulates. No. You pay for it once. Consume it. Pay for it again some time later. Could be sooner than a month. Could be six months.

I helped a friend activate when Telus killed the old PM network (May 2014). I got them to sign up for $25/mo (UL talk&text, no data) and a $30 1GB data add-on (called Booster at the time). Sales rep (who was really a Telus/Koodo rep working the PM kiosk temporarily) hadn't realized the Booster was forever.

My friend was very careful with their data, partly because it was easier to phone me for a traffic/routing check than to turn on data and launch Google Maps. 🙂

They still have about 300MB of that original May 2014 Booster, and they've probably used half of the 700MB since switching from the grandfathered 2014 plan to the $30 for 500MB plan in April 2018 (now they have data on all the time, a couple of months they went over 500MB and tapped the Add-On). They switched plans due to increases in the grandfathered plans, but in fact they pay $30-$4-$2=$24 after Loyalty and Autopay discounts. 🙂

=aw

Wongster94

ashleyb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just signed up on this promotion tonight. Thanks Public Mobile team 🙂 

@cory_c wrote:

So, if I understand correctly, "add-ons" last until they are used up, as opposed to a plan that last only for one month? If so, the $10 plan with an add-on of $30 (data) is worth considering.

Yes, in-Canada add-ons (200minutes LD, 400 minutes LD, 1GB data, 200MB data) roll over until used up*. Please note that there are no add-ons for additional texts, the long distance minutes can be combined with the $10 plan if you are anticipating running out of minutes before the renewal date once in a while. However if you are using more than 50minutes/month on a regular basis and/or are texting a lot the $10 is probably not for you.

*US roaming add-ons, which you'd need to use your phone in the States, work completely different though (limited duration, starting at the moment you buy them and expiring on the 10th day at midnight eastern)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cory_c wrote:

So, if I understand correctly, "add-ons" last until they are used up, as opposed to a plan that last only for one month? If so, the $10 plan with an add-on of $30 (data) is worth considering.

This was a key point of the pre-paid concept that I didn't quite grasp at first. Koodo has a similar model in their pre-paid side. It had been my imaginings that the rollover meant that what you're paying for each month accumulates. No. You pay for it once. Consume it. Pay for it again some time later. Could be sooner than a month. Could be six months.

KMG

Yes, the add-on will last until you use it up.  There is no expiry date.

Just note that for the promotion in this thread, you only get credit for the monthly plan cost, not add-ons.

cory_c

@cory_c wrote:

I purchased my sim card but do not have an account yet. Still deciding on what basic plan to get. The $10.00 would be suitable for emergency purpose, but during summer months I need a plan that includes unlimited international texting. Too bad there's no $15 or $20.00 that includes calls and International texting.

Does anyone think that PM will throw more "flash sales" this month? What's also strange is that I'm on this community list but I never received an email announcement about this two-day sale. If I sign-up as a customer, will I receive advance notices of promotions?

@cory_c

The nice thing about the Public Mobile business model is that you can switch to a more suitable in-market plan whenever you like. So for the summer months you could switch to the $25 unlimited provincial talk and unlimited international texts, supplement with a long distance add-on as needed. Then switch back to the 50/50 plan in fall if it is still the most suitable plan at that time.

Most often it makes sense to future date the plan change to the next renewal date because there are no refunds for unused portions of your current plan. The downside is that, once you switch to an in-market plan, you don't get a plan back that is no longer offered.

If you get your international contacts on a data based app like WhatsApp etc you can supplement your 50minutes/50texts/$10 plan with a $30 data add-on which rolls over to the next billing cycle until used up (I made my last one last for about 10months).

Nobody knows what sale (if any) is coming our way next. If you like a promo jump on it as soon as you can because they are for a limited time and could be cancelled at any time.

To keep up to date with deals you have to check here. There are no texts or e-mails sent. (Exception: Targeted migration offers for Koodo which are a different ball game.)

Deejay

I activates in store September 15, when will i recieve the flash sale credit?

glemlin

Had signed up with Koodo a couple weeks ago, yet this promotion and the more impressive available plans convinced me to switch.

cory_c

I purchased my sim card but do not have an account yet. Still deciding on what basic plan to get. The $10.00 would be suitable for emergency purpose, but during summer months I need a plan that includes unlimited international texting. Too bad there's no $15 or $20.00 that includes calls and International texting.

Does anyone think that PM will throw more "flash sales" this month? What's also strange is that I'm on this community list but I never received an email announcement about this two-day sale. If I sign-up as a customer, will I receive advance notices of promotions?

popping

@cory_c wrote:

This flash sale doesn't makes sense. For one thing, the notice is short and in addition, the so called "stores" are not accessible to a most people. That is if you have a car. If PM is owned by Telus, it would have good if one could drop by a Telus store.

Agree.  Telus stores and Koodo kiosk should carry PM SIM and activate PM plan.  For some reason, Telus stores does not carry Koodo or PM SIM.  Koodo kiosk does not carry Telus or PM SIM.  Strange setup.

cory_c

This flash sale doesn't makes sense. For one thing, the notice is short and in addition, the so called "stores" are not accessible to a most people. That is if you have a car. If PM is owned by Telus, it would have good if one could drop by a Telus store.

@cory_c wrote:

Like others, I was also under the impression that PM has no stores so, what are the stores for downtown Toronto?

I still have not signed up for an account and this will really help.

No stores but retail partners: Walmart, WOW Mobile, K Mobile, London Drugs, some Koodo kiosks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@cory_c wrote:

Like others, I was also under the impression that PM has no stores so, what are the stores for downtown Toronto?

Not sure whats downtown but Walmart, WoW and London drugs seem to be the ones.

Remember to use someones phone number to get the referral bonus for you and them in addition to the free sim and 30 day credit if you do it today.

cory_c

dna2016

Nice flash promo, keep those promos coming PM.  Still waiting for a promo deal on 4G LTE though, my fingers are crossed.

MadMardigan

If I had only known about the promo before I purchased online.

😢

popping

@MadMardigan wrote:

Public Mobile online store

This promo is for in store activation only.  You will not get the next 30 days free service when you avtivate online.

MadMardigan

Public Mobile online store

yiatioxi-ok

From what stores? 

Need Help? Let's chat.