cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: FLASH SALE! From September 15 to 16 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

@MrMonk wrote:

Good deal! But what about those of us who are already signed up? Should run a free 1/2/5gb (PM’s choice) data for a month free for those who have current 30 day plans... I know I would welcome this!

This I agree with. I started here in May. Next thing I see are promo's popping up. Hey what about me!? I just got here! I think there should be like a 30 day price protection for fresh customers for you to switch plans if you would otherwise have preferred a new plan. The promos at the time were just for new customers. That sucked. PM did a nice goodwill for me though so that was nice. They obviously had no obligation to but it was nice.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: FLASH SALE! From September 15 to 16 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Would this work with the $10 plan?

Mayor / Maire

@BEST wrote:

Would this work with the $10 plan?

Yes. Seems maybe a waste but yes.

Wow this is such good value!

I might have to get another line lol. 

Mayor / Maire

@z10user4, if you want to get this, port to another provider, then rejoin at Walmart or London Drugs or One of the other partners.

Nothing stopping you, other than it’s like doing the triple jump instead of the long jump at a track meet.

If your current plan is now appearing cheaper on the promos or in-market plan builder, future date a plan change.  There’s nothing stopping you from getting the better deal.  If it’s available, schedule a plan change.  Lock it it in, set it up, forget it.

That is all well and good except ...

i am not with PM yet as I ordered online and haven’t received the sim’s yet.

Walmart is 1.25 hours away and London drugs is 45 minutes away 😢

So ... burn $30 in gas and have to buy lunch for my wife so I can save $80.

I would also have 2 extra sim’s that look pretty.

🤣

Mayor / Maire

@MadMardigan, such a pessimistic look at it.  Think of spending a lovely day with your wife, and the fact that you can refer some friends with your two SIMs, or hold them as backups Incase you need them.

I just ordered, and received two SIMs, but I’m thinking of walking 75 minutes to get to Walmart to get this deal to activate a test plan to see if I really want to switch off my current plan, to a throttled LTE 30 day plan.

Sure I’ve spent $20 + local taxes on the sims, but they’re future referrals when a smoking good deal comes along for new online activations.

Make life about enjoying the opportunities, instead of seeing only the down sides.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MadMardigan wrote:

That is all well and good except ...

i am not with PM yet as I ordered online and haven’t received the sim’s yet.

Walmart is 1.25 hours away and London drugs is 45 minutes away 😢

So ... burn $30 in gas and have to buy lunch for my wife so I can save $80.

I would also have 2 extra sim’s that look pretty.

🤣

Have to buy your wife lunch anyway. And better you do the shopping for a SIM card at London drugs than she to the shopping at the mall.

keep the two sims you get mailed for future promos. Or for friends/referrals. I use to give away pm sims in exchange for a referral because if they stay 5 months I’ve made my money back. Some have stayed almost 24 months. Or when there is referral bonuses like $10-$25

Excellent suggestions!!!

I do need to get groceries and the stores around London drugs have some great deals!

Walmart on the other hand is where I should go because my wife was suppose to go shopping there yesterday.

Road trip!!!

Thanx everyone!

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Doesn't apply to me since I'm already with PM, but hypothetically couldn't someone sign up for the most expensive plan for the first month to get it for free, then downgrade the next month?