cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! From September 15 to 16 - Get a SIM + your next 30 days of service for $0 in-store!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Effective September 15, 2018 until September 16, 2018 at 11:59PM ET, we are offering a SIM card and your next 30 days for $0 when you activate a 30-day plan in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• 30 Days for $0: When you activate a Public Mobile SIM card in-store on a 30-day plan from September 15 to September 16, 2018, you will get your next 30 days of service for $0!
    • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
    • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 72 hours. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
    • For example, if you sign up on our current $35 for 1GB at 3G speed, Unlimited Canada-wide Talk and Unlimited International Text 30-day plan, your account will be credited $35 within 72 hours of activating.
    • Eligible customers will receive a confirmation text message shortly after the credit has been applied to your account. These details can also be found by signing in to your Self-Serve account.
    • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • $0 SIM Card: SIM cards will be $0 when you activate in-store only.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

76 REPLIES 76

@akhan1 wrote:

Hello Admin,

I signed up yesterday (Sept 15) for the $35 plan and was asked to pay upfront the $35 + Tax at Walmart in Mississauga. Shouldn't I have gotted the 30 day free promo? the rep never said anything about it. I signed into my online Public Mobile account, it says: Next Payment Date: Oct 14, 2018. Can this promo be applied now? can you please pm me privately for any more details. 

Thanks

Check your account, if you see $35 fund balance you are good to go.  

yiatioxi-ok
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@MadMardigan wrote:

Bummer

I just ordered 2 SIM’s this morning!

😢

From where?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@akhan1 wrote:

Hello Admin,

I signed up yesterday (Sept 15) for the $35 plan and was asked to pay upfront the $35 + Tax at Walmart in Mississauga. Shouldn't I have gotted the 30 day free promo? the rep never said anything about it. I signed into my online Public Mobile account, it says: Next Payment Date: Oct 14, 2018. Can this promo be applied now? can you please pm me privately for any more details. 

Thanks

Did you get the SIM for free at the time? If so then all is correct. You should eventually see the month credit in your available funds.

akhan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello Admin,

Thanks

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nicolesara

Your photo contains your full PM SIM card number (19-digits starting with 8912). This is a public forum where anyone with internet access can see it.  You should edit your photo to remove/redact that info, as the SIM card # is sometimes used as a piece of account validation when communicating with moderators for account issues.  Also be sure to remove it from your community photo album.

@djalibaba wrote:

Looks like they charged you for for a Koodo sim card not the Public Mobile sim card.

Yeah the price is wrong, but only 1 penny was charged for it in the end based on the receipt.  You missed the $14.99 discount further down on the receipt.

@Nicolesara wrote:

Yes exactly. Should I go another day and ask for a refund for the SIM card? Not too sure what to do. 

You were charged $0.01 for the sim card.  You're going to go back to have that refunded?

djalibaba

Looks like they charged you for for a Koodo sim card not the Public Mobile sim card.

djalibaba

London Drugs Heritage in Calgary was well aware of the promo. They even had instructions as to how to enter it all in and what to ask the customers.

Would your location be able to call around maybe??

djalibaba

Hi,

Not sure what your location is but in Calgary, Alberta I went to the London Drugs Heritage Plaza location to set it up and they were super helpful! The boys at the Photo Counter were very well trained and quick as to how to set up Public Mobile and port over the number. They even made sure to let me know about all the credit deals (refer a friend, automatic pay) to ensure I was getting the most out of the plan.

Definitely suggest you go to that Location to get your plan set up or to purchase your Sim card!

Nicolesara

Yes exactly. Should I go another day and ask for a refund for the SIM card? Not too sure what to do. 

@Nicolesara wrote:

375E93FF-F774-41CB-ACB8-B1566148271B.jpegHi there, I switched Service providers today which is September 15 and I asked if there was any promotions which she said no therefore I went with the pre-paid $30 plan for 30 days. When I got home I saw the flash weekend sale promotion. Please see attached receipt below, please let me know if you can help me regarding. Can I get my money back, thank you. 

You were overcharged by $0.01 (1 cent).  The sim card should have been free.  As for the free month promotion, you get your second 30 days for free. you still have to pay for the first 30 days of service.

Of a more curious note is why the store is charging $15 for sim cards when the price is supposed to be $10.

Nicolesara

Hi there, I switched Service providers today which is September 15 and I asked if there was any promotions which she said no therefore I went with the pre-paid $30 plan for 30 days. When I got home I saw the flash weekend sale promotion. Please see attached receipt below, please let me know if you can help me regarding. Can I get my money back, thank you. 

smp99

The store needs to be aware of the free sim part of the promotion.  They would not be part of the applied credit post activation 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit: from next post...thank you smp99. Nevermind.

Noob

The Victoria BC London Drugs said they don't know about this promo, said they had a promo like this but it's over. Any other stores honouring / not honouring this promo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

@DevangGajjar wrote:

I have bought the sim sard on 17 August and at that time I was told by sale sercise person that I would be getting next 30 days for $0 .But till date I didn't get any message regarding that and my balance is also $10. What should I do?

Please help

The free moth, etc promotions work as a credit on your account towards your next bill so you should have seen the credit by now. One thing to remember about the promotions is that some are instore promotions requiring instore activation and some are online activations where you can buy the card instore but you need to activate online. I bought my sim instore abd activated myself online. The clerk did not mention it was a instore promotion requiring instore activation so i missed the promotion. But with activating it online myself I had absolutely no problems so I was happy and bit the bullet on missing the promotion. Already have saved more than what the promotion was worth.

And further...one (or more) of those promotions had specific plan limitations. Like talk/text only kinda thing. So it also depends on what you purchased.

@DevangGajjar wrote:

I have bought the sim sard on 17 August and at that time I was told by sale sercise person that I would be getting next 30 days for $0 .But till date I didn't get any message regarding that and my balance is also $10. What should I do?

Please help

The free moth, etc promotions work as a credit on your account towards your next bill so you should have seen the credit by now. One thing to remember about the promotions is that some are instore promotions requiring instore activation and some are online activations where you can buy the card instore but you need to activate online. I bought my sim instore abd activated myself online. The clerk did not mention it was a instore promotion requiring instore activation so i missed the promotion. But with activating it online myself I had absolutely no problems so I was happy and bit the bullet on missing the promotion. Already have saved more than what the promotion was worth.

@DevangGajjar

You will likely need to contact moderator to explain your situation.  If you did qualify for the promotion at that time, you should get the credit.  If you did not meet one of the criteria, you might not.... worth a try though....

send a private message through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Please include in the private message your phone number, your account number and PIN code.

DevangGajjar

Please help

@JCN

You probably out of luck.  

You could try to contact moderator and might be able to help.  No guarantees though.....  YMMV....  If moderator is understanding, might be able to help.....

Instores activation at Walmart, Wow mobile, K mobile, London drugs and some authorized Koodo dealers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JCN wrote:

I just activited an SIM card online, totally misread the part about in-store activiation.  

Is there anyway that I can still get the flash sale.

It is too late after activation.

JCN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just activited an SIM card online, totally misread the part about in-store activiation.  

Is there anyway that I can still get the flash sale.

JCN

does it have to be activied in-store? And, what are the locations? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, if you want to get this, port to another provider, then rejoin at Walmart or London Drugs or One of the other partners.

Nothing stopping you, other than it’s like doing the triple jump instead of the long jump at a track meet.

If your current plan is now appearing cheaper on the promos or in-market plan builder, future date a plan change.  There’s nothing stopping you from getting the better deal.  If it’s available, schedule a plan change.  Lock it it in, set it up, forget it.

Thanks stonechucker. Well y'know we were all young and foolish once upon a time 🙂

I was new to this whole prepaid/porting/self-serve service thing back then. Jeez it seems like ages ago now. It was just this past May! Sure looking at it now those would be the tricks one could do. For now though I'm fine with the $10. I don't need all these friggin' data deals. I want $10 maybe $15 unlimited text/talk and add-on some data.

I'm still sitting on an un-used Koodo SIM too. They were my first intention at the time and then I discovered the existence of PM. 'course now I have a SIM card impression in my butt 🙂 But they don't have rewards...

KMG

@luke11992 wrote:

Doesn't apply to me since I'm already with PM, but hypothetically couldn't someone sign up for the most expensive plan for the first month to get it for free, then downgrade the next month?

You still have to pay upfront for the cost of the first month.  You then get credited that same amount 72hrs later, which will go toward your 2nd month.

You're right that you could sign up for the most expensive plan and get credited more, but you would still have to pay the upfront amount of that expensive plan.

No matter what you pick, your net amount paid for the first month is $0.

If you downgrade for the 2nd month, you would just get the benefit of having a better plan for that first month only.

@luke11992

Yes, after your credit is in your account within 72 hours, you can change your plan to a lower cost plan at the next renewal.  

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Doesn't apply to me since I'm already with PM, but hypothetically couldn't someone sign up for the most expensive plan for the first month to get it for free, then downgrade the next month?

MadMardigan

Excellent suggestions!!!

I do need to get groceries and the stores around London drugs have some great deals!

Walmart on the other hand is where I should go because my wife was suppose to go shopping there yesterday.

Road trip!!!

Thanx everyone!

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MadMardigan wrote:

That is all well and good except ...

i am not with PM yet as I ordered online and haven’t received the sim’s yet.

Walmart is 1.25 hours away and London drugs is 45 minutes away 😢

So ... burn $30 in gas and have to buy lunch for my wife so I can save $80.

I would also have 2 extra sim’s that look pretty.

🤣

Have to buy your wife lunch anyway. And better you do the shopping for a SIM card at London drugs than she to the shopping at the mall.

keep the two sims you get mailed for future promos. Or for friends/referrals. I use to give away pm sims in exchange for a referral because if they stay 5 months I’ve made my money back. Some have stayed almost 24 months. Or when there is referral bonuses like $10-$25

Need Help? Let's chat.