cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

In our quest to make it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards, we are happy to announce that we’ve now launched at The Mobile Shop! There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or in-store, based on what you prefer.

If you happen to be near The Mobile Shop after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

ahmad1982
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It took only 3 days for me to receive the SIM by mail. 

@indonesia31

If you do not live near one of the vendors (ie. Walmart, PC Mobile, WOW mobile), you can order online a Public Mobile SIM card.  It will take about one week to arrive to your home.  You can register online.  

If you have a credit card or Visa debit, just pay via that method.  If you don't, you can buy payment vouchers at various stores including gas stations, Canadian Tire, etc.  or you can buy online payment voucher, recharge.com, which you can pay via paypal.  

Any further questions, just let us know....

indonesia31
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i want apply plan 25$ a month please give me solution for me i am living in plamondon montreal canada if i buy online sim card, pay debit or paypal or store where closed my area

Lynx1

So happy to hear this!  Great news!  Looking forward to seeing PM move to stores!  I'm a little old school! 🙂

nguyen2007

Awesome !

abclilly

Great news!

ahmad1982

Yes I am sure London drug offers public mobile SIM cards

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think London drugs already offers Public Mobile SIM cards.  I know The Irving Circle K stores sell Public Mobile airtime. 

Attais

I really hope to see you guys in a London drugs or circle K soonn

ahmad1982

Great news. Glad to read that

curious_di

I got my and my parents' SIM cards from the mobile shop, no need to wait and they offered free activation service. I ended up active them myself. But it's great knowing that in case anything goes wrong, there is someone who can help.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cory_c

Q1:  I receive a text message a few days before my renewal date.

Q2:  At least 2 days before the renewal date.  

Q3:  You can put more fund than your plan cost.  PM does not like Chatr which have pay per use.  Chatr will use fund in your account to pay for long distance charge or roaming charge.  PM does not do that.  Fund in your account is safe until your next renewal date or when you want to bug add-ons.

cory_c
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Very convenient for anyone living in close proximity to a Loblaws. I look forward to future promotions.

Q#1: By the way, is there any possibility of making a monthly payment at a Mobile Shop?

I might as well mention that because I'm on a $10 monthly plan and use my phone for emergency purposes only, I doubt that I'll be aware of my monthly text reminders so, I've made a note in my calendar.

Q#2 : I like to know how far in advance should I make my payment in order that it is processed on time i.e., two days before it's due or more?

Q#3: Can one pay more into a phone plan than required ?

I am aware of autopay but I worked at a bank and experienced first-hand issues with these types of payments.

cory_c

dumbdobie1

Cool thanks for the tip of the 1000 free points.

@popping wrote:

@StewartMann wrote:

My wife activated at the Mobile Shop, I had bought the sims online, and she didnt want to wait till I could do it, so she went to the Mobile Shop, they were very helpfull, set her up just fine, and she got 1000 Optimum Points.      Whats not to like,

The Mobile Shop gives you 1000 pts every 3 months when you chat with the store rep about your mobile need - no purchase is necessary.

I guess it is free if it's extra time that you have or if you really do want to ask about cell plans and such, or if you're actually signing up, but otherwise you'll be walking into a sales opportunity for the employee just to gain $1.  I could see it being worthwhile if you're about to purchase groceries and you're only a few points short of the next $10 increment that you need to redeem.

StewartMann

@

The Mobile Shop gives you 1000 pts every 3 months when you chat with the store rep about your mobile need - no purchase is necessary.

Good to know.

Thank You.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@StewartMann wrote:

My wife activated at the Mobile Shop, I had bought the sims online, and she didnt want to wait till I could do it, so she went to the Mobile Shop, they were very helpfull, set her up just fine, and she got 1000 Optimum Points.      Whats not to like,

StewartMann

murjon

The Mobile Shop in Wasaga Beach does not have SIM cards for Public Mobile.

DianneFowler

I also had a great activation experience with Tony at the Sarnia Walmart.  Very professional and fast 🙂

DianneFowler

Try reaching them thru their Facebook page.  Worked great for me.  Public Mobile ROCKS great deals 🙂

DianneFowler

That is fantastic. So glad yoy

ernie

I was on a corporate telus account, went to walmart and london drugs and it was very difficult  to deal with and eventuly it never happened. they could not tranfer my number to public. I went to the mobleshop after and they were fantastic.  Transfered 2 numbers and sign up a 3rd, set up autopay andf I was done in 15 min.

Lorna152

I seen the voucher cards at our local gaint tiger store. 

Bailey12

This is great news. I went into the location at Walmart to switch to Public Mobile. The guy was knowledge and had me setup within 10 minutes. He put the SIM card in my phone and made sure everything was working properly before I left the store. 

The whole process was easy and went very smoothly. I highly recommend people to make the switch. 

@Eben, yes, it's frustrating waiting for a response, but it's a very high volume of people looking for assistance right now.

Regular waits are at most 4 hours.  Currently it's looking like 48-72 hours.

Eben

Your system is bad I post my problem with the moderators no one has get in touch with me more than 24 hours l'm leaving this phone company it used to be good but not good it is OK for me to lose 150 plus tax than lose more customers

Eben

crazycolby

good to know

jojopf99

Thats great to hear !!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.