cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oracle

Re: Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

Always nice to see the service expanding.  Hopefully the Mobile Shop will have a better track record than Walmart. 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

that's a great news, Thanks

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know I can buy a prepaid phone with point.  Anything involing Koodo is currently toxic though.  Could not take advantage of the tax free sale, or use my PC points to pay for the phone.  Was given a $107 bill for a $35 plan though, even though I was only with Koodo for 13 days.  Definatively unimpressed.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is awesome! Most people i know shop at PC stores, so encouraging them to sign up to PM might be easier. Good move guys!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wonderful news! Seeing public mobile expand into retail gives me more confidence that PM isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

As already mentioned, it might be time to lose Walmart (or lady down some stronger ground rules), the negative experiences people are having there aren't worth it for the brand.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is good get...

But come on.. why can you not buy a PM SIM from a Koodo outlet?

Mayor / Maire

You can get them from Koodo authorized locations. But not koodo. Not sure the difference but I guess it's better than nothing. Or having  to order strictly online only 

MJN
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is definetly a good news that PM has more distribution channels. Being in a grocery store is so much more convenience. Now I could pick up a vocher while I am doing my routine grocery shopping. Yay!

Mayor / Maire

It's nice to see the expanded retail presence.  Hopefully, there won't be any problems  with Mobile Shop refusing to sell unactivated SIMs like Walmart.

With all this effort to expand presence, why can't Telus and Koodo shops carry the SIMs?  I mean, if the middlemen (Walmart/Wow/K-Mobile/London Drugs/Mobile Shop) have to take their cut of each SIM sale, wouldn't it make more sense to have that middleman be Telus/Koodo, so the profits stay in the family, not to mention taking advantage of the retail infrastructure in place already?

Oracle

They don't want to offer a cheaper option that operates on theirw own network to a customer who walked in to buy something from them.  Thats why Telus stores won't sell anything Koodo either.  

@SD08 wrote:

It's nice to see the expanded retail presence.  Hopefully, there won't be any problems  with Mobile Shop refusing to sell unactivated SIMs like Walmart.

With all this effort to expand presence, why can't Telus and Koodo shops carry the SIMs?  I mean, if the middlemen (Walmart/Wow/K-Mobile/London Drugs/Mobile Shop) have to take their cut of each SIM sale, wouldn't it make more sense to have that middleman be Telus/Koodo, so the profits stay in the family, not to mention taking advantage of the retail infrastructure in place already?