cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

@imm1304 wrote:

They don't want to offer a cheaper option that operates on theirw own network to a customer who walked in to buy something from them.  Thats why Telus stores won't sell anything Koodo either.  

@SD08 wrote:

It's nice to see the expanded retail presence.  Hopefully, there won't be any problems  with Mobile Shop refusing to sell unactivated SIMs like Walmart.

With all this effort to expand presence, why can't Telus and Koodo shops carry the SIMs?  I mean, if the middlemen (Walmart/Wow/K-Mobile/London Drugs/Mobile Shop) have to take their cut of each SIM sale, wouldn't it make more sense to have that middleman be Telus/Koodo, so the profits stay in the family, not to mention taking advantage of the retail infrastructure in place already?

Yeah, I get that they don't want to be undersold, but if a customer walks in looking for a PM sim, chances are they are not looking for a plan at a Telus/Koodo price point anyway.  They don't have to advertise  the sims or even have any signs indicating they carry PM sims.  The customer who already knows what they are after can ask for the unadvertised sims that they keep under the counter.   If Telus/Koodo won't carry them, the customer is just going to go get the sim from Wow, Walmart, etc. and that retailer will get the commission instead.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@imm1304 wrote:

They don't want to offer a cheaper option that operates on theirw own network to a customer who walked in to buy something from them.  Thats why Telus stores won't sell anything Koodo either.  

@SD08 wrote:

It's nice to see the expanded retail presence.  Hopefully, there won't be any problems  with Mobile Shop refusing to sell unactivated SIMs like Walmart.

With all this effort to expand presence, why can't Telus and Koodo shops carry the SIMs?  I mean, if the middlemen (Walmart/Wow/K-Mobile/London Drugs/Mobile Shop) have to take their cut of each SIM sale, wouldn't it make more sense to have that middleman be Telus/Koodo, so the profits stay in the family, not to mention taking advantage of the retail infrastructure in place already?

They don’t have to offer PM service to potential customers. They can keep it behind the desk in a drawer. Only there for those who ask for 

edit: oops  Ya - what he said. 

Oracle

Good suggestion.  Worth presenting at the next Oracles connect.

@SD08 wrote:

@imm1304 wrote:

@SD08 wrote:

Yeah, I get that they don't want to be undersold, but if a customer walks in looking for a PM sim, chances are they are not looking for a plan at a Telus/Koodo price point anyway.  They don't have to advertise  the sims or even have any signs indicating they carry PM sims.  The customer who already knows what they are after can ask for the unadvertised sims that they keep under the counter.   If Telus/Koodo won't carry them, the customer is just going to go get the sim from Wow, Walmart, etc. and that retailer will get the commission instead.

Mayor / Maire

OMG, how long have I said this?  Use your own **bleep** retail spaces already existing, and have the PM SIMs available for those who request it specifically.

no need to offer in-store activation.  Someone who knows about PM already knows the activation process or someone who does.

This is totally a no-brainer.

EDIT:  Oops... I see I used a bad word Smiley Sad  Very sorry about this, I didn't realize I was cussing Smiley Sad  Not even sure what the word was now!

JFF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's nice! 

JFF

It's always good to share this info, maybe time to upgrade my phone too. 😀

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is wonderful news!! 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome!

First time buyer and really enjoy it 

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Good news. Easy to buy  SIM  CARD...I am happy from your covered and services. I switch all my family to Public Mobile.