cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Mobile is now available at The Mobile Shop!

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

In our quest to make it easier for you to purchase and activate our SIM cards, we are happy to announce that we’ve now launched at The Mobile Shop! There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here. As with our other retail partners, you will continue to have the option to activate at home or in-store, based on what you prefer.

If you happen to be near The Mobile Shop after we launch, we’d love to hear your feedback on how things are going.

-Public Mobile Community Team

75 REPLIES 75

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This is good get...

But come on.. why can you not buy a PM SIM from a Koodo outlet?

youbme

Wonderful news! Seeing public mobile expand into retail gives me more confidence that PM isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

As already mentioned, it might be time to lose Walmart (or lady down some stronger ground rules), the negative experiences people are having there aren't worth it for the brand.

MrMonk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is awesome! Most people i know shop at PC stores, so encouraging them to sign up to PM might be easier. Good move guys!

bridonca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know I can buy a prepaid phone with point.  Anything involing Koodo is currently toxic though.  Could not take advantage of the tax free sale, or use my PC points to pay for the phone.  Was given a $107 bill for a $35 plan though, even though I was only with Koodo for 13 days.  Definatively unimpressed.

Shapla001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

that's a great news, Thanks

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Always nice to see the service expanding.  Hopefully the Mobile Shop will have a better track record than Walmart. 

bbdata

Great news

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Great news.  I can pay for the SIM card with PC Optimum points.  

With the merger of PC Points and the Shoppers DrugMart Optimum Rewards, I think it will be allowed, as there USED to be a minimum $20 (20,000 PC Points) redemption, which is now $10 (10,000 PC Optimum points)

mimmo

@bridonca  i believe you should be able to.  I remember being told i could buy a phone with points so a sim should be the same.  

bridonca

Anyone know if you can buy Public Mobile SIM cards with PC points, and if I am able to take advantage of the tax free sales?  I already know I cannot do that with airtime.

mimmo

awesome news I agree with @ShawnC13  time to lose walmart.  now if i can only win the guacamole contest and use the gift card at the mobile shop 🙂

PS i loved the foreshadowing of the announcement via the contest 🙂

@Brooke_C, this is GREAT news as I think this will be a wider distribution and really help PM.  Now if it is a successful launch and they are a good retailer how about considering laying some rules or enforcing stuff with Walmart or cut them as a retailer.  There have been some good stories out of Walmart but way more negative

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

This is great!  Too bad all three local retail sites (Walmart, WOW, and now The Mobile Shop) are all located in the farthest reaches of my community, from where I live.

Saying this though, I will be happy to support this location before I go to Walmart.

KMG

Great news!  Glad to see PM is moving into more stores.

Need Help? Let's chat.