cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AJ9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

The fine print says "Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.". That's telling me that even if I upgrade to let's say a $40/month plan, I'll still lose my 5GB bonus add-on.

So regardless of whether you upgrade or downgrade, you will lose it as per the current terms and conditions, unless we get a formal clarification from @Tiana_V or any other moderator.

@AE_Collector wrote:

That is correct per the wording. The discrepancy is that in the past these type of promo add-ons have NOT worked that way so we are hoping for a clarification / confirmation from someone in the know. For now we gave to assume that a change to lower than $35 plan will terminate the add-on permanently.

AE_Collector

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am just wondering if I need to pay up front for the first month upon signing up? I am interested in signing up an account today to get this deal but I dont have the money to pay for a full month until I get paid on December 6th. Also, if I do this online, will I be able to keep my number from bell mobility?

Mayor / Maire

@ashisfree wrote:

I am just wondering if I need to pay up front for the first month upon signing up? I am interested in signing up an account today to get this deal but I dont have the money to pay for a full month until I get paid on December 6th. Also, if I do this online, will I be able to keep my number from bell mobility?

This is a pre-paid service so yes you need to pay up front.

You will be able to transfer your Bell number. That account has to be active to do so.

Public Mobile

@z10user4 wrote:

@maheshboloor wrote:

I read through the comments but i am still not clear about the below question:

We get the 5 gb add on with activation of the 35$ (or greater) plan. But if we change the 35$ plan to a 25$ or the 15$ plan then next bill cycle, we forfiet the 5 gb add on and it goes away? 

No one is clear. We're still waiting (if ever) for an official reply from @Alan_K or @Tiana_V. Past promos have shown that changing plans doesn't lose the add-on and they had similar wording too. Or the $10 credit promo changing plans up also said no changing of plan.

It would be nice if either could chime in and clear up either the wording or state that the add-on stays.

@z10user4 Thanks for the question; changing your plan (any kind of change) will cause the one-time 5 GB Add-On to be removed this time around due to the way the promotion was coded. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for the confirmation @Alan_K.

Thanks for clarification, I better make couple of calls I hope I'm not too late. 

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

No one is clear. We're still waiting (if ever) for an official reply from @Alan_K or @Tiana_V. Past promos have shown that changing plans doesn't lose the add-on and they had similar wording too. Or the $10 credit promo changing plans up also said no changing of plan.

It would be nice if either could chime in and clear up either the wording or state that the add-on stays.

@z10user4 Thanks for the question; changing your plan (any kind of change) will cause the one-time 5 GB Add-On to be removed this time around due to the way the promotion was coded. 

@Alan_K 

This coding can't easily be changed? No problem with the restriction to a $35 minimum plan but do you really want to make customers think twice about upgrading plans?

AE_Collector

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K wrote:

@Alan_K 

Thanks for the confirmation. Interesting that an add-on would behave differently from the others and the other promos in the past.

Oh well.

Maybe somebody will test it for their next renewal. Smiley Happy

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Alan_K wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Alan_K 

This coding can't easily be changed? No problem the restriction to a $35 minimum n but do you really want to make customers think twice about upgrading?

AE_Collector

Wow @AE_Collector didn't even occur to me, you are right who would want to upgrade and lose it, unless again the 1.5 gigs ends up not being enough and they consume it quickly. But most of people understand their needs and can plan

Mayor / Maire

@ashisfree wrote:

You always pay up front when activating. There's never a promo that you don't have to pay up front, not even when there's a free month.