cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

@smp99 wrote:

I agree with your argument. However, they could have done better. How about just making the $35 worth while. Change it to 3GB for new and existing customers. Call it a Black Friday sale, but then just keep it. I think most would have been ok with that.

I agree about the $35 plan, sort of a dinosaur plan now! But that's another project that wouldn't be seen as a Black Friday deal if it became 3Gb. 

AE_Collector

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

not as good as yesterday

That depends on your viewpoint. 5Gb add-on would cost $150 to purchase as 5 seperate 1Gb add-ons compared to a total of $60 in extra credits on the deal that just expired yesterday. For anyone trying to get by on a relatively low data plan these add-ons allow you to do that without winding up with no data left in the last few days of your plan month. Used correctly, these data add-ons can save a lot of money IMHO.

AE_Collector

I agree with your argument except that anyone who buys 5 1GB add-ons is on the wrong plan. However, they could have done better. How about just making the $35 worth while. Change it to 3GB for new and existing customers. Call it a Black Friday sale, but then just keep it. I think most would have been ok with that.

Yes and it rolls over until completely used up. Thus it could last for years as an insurance policy against running out of data. Especially useful if you have a relatively low data plan such as the $15 or $25 plan. Just like the $5/500 minute Canada calling is a great insurance policy if you have the $15 plan that only has 100 outgoing minutes per 30 days.

AE_Collector

Davery
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'd just like to clarify this extra 5gb is only for the first month when you sign up? 

@smp99 wrote:

not as good as yesterday

That depends on your viewpoint. 5Gb add-on would cost $150 to purchase as 5 seperate 1Gb add-ons compared to a total of $60 in extra credits on the deal that just expired yesterday. For anyone trying to get by on a relatively low data plan these add-ons allow you to do that without winding up with no data left in the last few days of your plan month. Used correctly, these data add-ons can save a lot of money IMHO.

AE_Collector

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It's just a onetime bonus. Not that it isn't good but I'd like to see long term plan promos. Easier to convince new people to join.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Triguy wrote:

This is a good deal for new customers.

not as good as yesterday

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is a good deal for new customers.

I would say this IS the "new plans for a Black Friday deal". And I can't see why it wouldn't be combinable with the additional $20 referral credit to the person making the referral! Excellent!

AE_Collector

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Better than 2GB. I guess no new plans for Black Friday then.

Need Help? Let's chat.