Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunar New Year Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

[Edited on Feb 22, 2021 - Offer entry extended to Feb 28, 2021]

Hey Community! 

To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can get a 1GB data bonus every month for 8 months, plus a one-time add on of 500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau long distance minutes on select plans. 

Offer Details:

• Offer applies to the $25, $35, $40, $45 and $50 plans.
  • 500 minutes Long Distance Add-on is a one-time add on, and applies to the following locations: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before Feb 28, 2021, 11:59PM EST
  2. Once your email address has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a promo code.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online or in-store with the promo code before March 6, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days (please expect a longer shipping time due to COVID-19 measures). You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store
  3. Bonus data and one-time add-on will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans within 30 days of activating, and for 8 months after activation.

Good to know:

• Any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle. 
  • This offer is not stackable with other in-market offers.
  • This offer is subject to change without notice.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

133 REPLIES 133

ahsieh023
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I have signed up for the Lunar Year offers. However when I called my relatives in Taiwan, the long distance worked for the first 30 mins and when I tried to call again, got an automated message saying it’s not part of the plan. Anyone have the same issues? Is the promotion some kind of scam? It did say Taiwan is part of the long d 500 mins promotion..

Amy

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@ktsang wrote:

Registered email, never thought I got it but it went to junk. I've now activated account in store without the promo code. Can I still get in on the Lunar new year offer?

Contact a moderator to see if they will give you the promo. 

Contact a moderator (Public Mobile representative) for assistance:

(second option below is easiest to submit a ticket)

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.

• Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

It may take up to 48 hours for a reply from the moderators. Keep an eye on the envelope icon in the top right hand corner of this page for a reply from the moderators.

ktsang

Registered email, never thought I got it but it went to junk. I've now activated account in store without the promo code. Can I still get in on the Lunar new year offer?

@pingkaic 

Most public mobile users don't qualify for this offer as its for new activations only.

pingkaic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am surprised that this Lunar Promotion is not announced throughout text messages on cell phones. Most Public Mobile users do not read community news regularly.

pingkaic

From what I read from the community responses, this Lunar Promotion is only for

new customers. However the Promotion announcement is not too clear in that respect. 

Good grief @dave-420  you haven't figured this out by now? 99% of all promotions are for new activations only with a new sim card. I'm starting to think @Anonymous was right about partaking or at least ask your questions and read the answers before 4:20pm so that you retain the information.

@dave-420 Offer is for new customers.

@dave-420 wrote:

You can't use an existing sim?

@dave-420 No

dave-420

You can't use an existing sim?

@dave-420 wrote:

How can. I get this offer of I'm an existing customer 

@dave-420 You can't unless you activate a new sim/account. This is for new activations only.

dave-420

How can. I get this offer of I'm an existing customer 

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@auerbal If you followed this, than I would say "yes".

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here before Feb 28, 2021, 11:59PM EST
  2. Once your email address has been successfully submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a promo code.
  3. Activate on an eligible plan online or in-store with the promo code before March 6, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

@auerbal wrote:

I already activated tonight.  Do I get the offer too?  

If you followed the terms as outline in the first post of this thread, yes.

auerbal

I already activated tonight.  Do I get the offer too?  

syhum1

Thanks

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@syhum1 wrote:

Does this offer apply to existing plans?

Sorry, only for new activations.

syhum1

Does this offer apply to existing plans?

PUIHA

correct, this is for new customer only

PUIHA

It's a bit disappointed after following all the process and find out this lunar new year promotion is only apply for new account activation ... but anyway thanks for Public mobile for the previous free holiday giveaway 😊

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@helenhelen wrote:

Am I correct in assuming this is only for new customers? Not existing ones?

aneyone but you have to get a new account and number can't transfer between accounts

helenhelen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Am I correct in assuming this is only for new customers? Not existing ones?

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@akanksha_1 wrote:

Hi community,

Thanks for this amazing offer.

Best,

Akanksha.

It's not amazing. Others are giving 2GB for the next 8 months. 

akanksha_1

Hi community,

Thanks for this amazing offer.

Best,

Akanksha.

@campq24 

Hmmmm.... I dont know about that. Ive been here almost 18 months maybe youre right? What do  you think these are my two accounts.......maybe pm is like all the others?

Ok I did buy 2 GB of data but how else am I to spend my community reward?Ok I did buy 2 GB of data but how else am I to spend my community reward?Screenshot_20210211-145147.jpgScreenshot_20210211-150313.jpg

yblouis

Great deal

@campq24 wrote:

Corporations that want to keep customers happy and loyal.

Proof right here that free promos to keep customers happy and loyal doesn’t appear to work. Public Mobile DOES give lots of perks and “gifts” to their customers yet you don't sound happy nor loyal.

Four different types of ongoing perks that give real $$ off your bill every month PLUS they had one across the board giveaway of two items to every customer just in December, Same thing December 2019 and August 2019. And all customers in BC and Alberta got freebies in what...September last year? 

Bargain Basement brands have less need to give away things and less room to give things away. Yet Public Mobile does, regularly.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@campq24 wrote:

And this one does. Free data, free minutes...on multiple occasions. Anybody else do that? All companies offer enticements to get new clients. Few give stuff away.

campq24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@campq24: What corporation gives freebies to their customers?

Need Help? Let's chat.