cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NDesai
Oracle

Re: Lunar New Year Offer

@prachiparamita wrote:

Is this for new customers only  or existing customers can avail this offer as well?

New customers only. 

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Dunkman
Oracle

@prachiparamita wrote:

Is this for new customers only  or existing customers can avail this offer as well?

@prachiparamita @MoreYummy 

New activations only. 

However, existing customers can get this offer if they activate new Sim card/account.  

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Didn't they have a better offer last year?

@carlaspapa wrote:

Didn't they have a better offer last year?

Around this time last year, there was a promotion offer that included a temporary monetary plan discount.

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oh right now I remember that's why it was more appealing to me cuz I don't really use much data. Thanks!

jivetalker
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@carlaspapa 

I can't live without my data although I'm getting better getting along with 2.5gb of data that's why I think this deal is rather appealing for the $25 plan.

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 wrote:

A nearly flawless writing of an offer. 😞

In thinking of prior offers, this one doesn't say that you can't change plans. ie. down to the $15 plan after initial activation. So by omission...you can!

@z10user4 While it doesn't say you can't change plans it does say 

Offer Details:

• Offer applies to the $25, $35, $40, $45 and $50 plans.

So technically, it doesn't apply to the $15 plan.  So I would assume that you lose the 1GB data bonus every month for 8 months, plus a one-time add on of 500 China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macau long distance minutes if you change to a $15 plan.

Just my guess though...

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@wbg13 : Yup. But most of these offers actually say you lose it if the plan is changed. But you're right. That line could very well be interpreted that way.

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@z10user4 True.  Definitely open to interpretation.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

A nearly flawless writing of an offer. 😞

In thinking of prior offers, this one doesn't say that you can't change plans. ie. down to the $15 plan after initial activation. So by omission...you can!

Wording says that “Public Mobile Customers can get ...”  which isnt really true, Only NEW PM Customers or at least NEW Plans can get this. This leads to existing customers asking how they can get this.

The opportunity to clarify the “confirmation message” you will receive (not necessarily an email back to you) was overlooked here yet again as well. 

It also says “Any Unused Minutes will Roll Over to the next month” which IS true of the China Calling minutes but it doesn’t say that specifically, it just says “Any Unused minutes”. This can therefore be interpreted as the plans regular calling minutes. It is irrelevant as all of the eligible plans include unlimited Canada Calling anyway but the terminology is not correct and helps create confusion.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.