cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Quyra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Lunar New Year Offer

I guess this is for “Lunar New Year” so the promo offer is to give minutes to Asian countries. When it was a festival for a different culture, they match the minutes to that culture? 

kaytus
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So this Offer for the new activation customer only, right?

Have a wonderful weekend.

jivetalker
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Seems to me this is a pretty sweet deal if you pick the $25 plan for 2gb of data. But not really for the $50 plan. I'm glad I signed up when I did.

Dunkman
Oracle

@kaytus 

@kaytus wrote:

So this Offer for the new activation customer only, right?

Have a wonderful weekend.

Correct, for new activation of account to qualify.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Quyra 

Public mobile did offer a "Diwali" sweet deal of an extra 1gb of plan data for 6 months and 750 long distance minutes to India, sri lanka and Pakistan ( I think those were the countries.)

I think these are a nice touch to highlight and celebrate the many different cultures that make up our great multicultural society in Canada. Admittedly it might be nice for customers who sign up for this promotion who really cannot use the very specific long distance minutes to be able to opt for a default long distance add on of the main multiple country long distance add on similar to what was included in the "more the merrier" campaign's holiday give aways.

Any comment @Catherine_T ?

PM-Questions

Does the unused data roll over until used as well? Does the 8gb remain after a rate change? 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PM-Questions 

No....the 1gb bonus per month is plan data not add on data. Although this has not been clarified the terms and conditions of the promotion do not mention rate plan changes so it appears you could change your monthly plan and keep the promotion. The long distance minutes are an add on so they will stay with the account until completely used up.

PM-Questions

Thanks @darlicious! That’s how I read it too, was hoping I was wrong lol 

@darlicious wrote:

Admittedly it might be nice for customers who sign up for this promotion who really cannot use the very specific long distance minutes to be able to opt for a default long distance add on of the main multiple country long distance add on similar to what was included in the "more the merrier" campaign's holiday give aways.

I'll go a step further. It shouldn't even be possible for someone to have or purchase the wrong long distance add-on to call any specific destination. My opinion has always been that there should only be one long ditsance add-on available.  Depending on the location being called, the add-on can have a credit system and calls to certain destinations can be weighted. Having multiple add-ons in the way that Public Mobile does is not a benefit to the customers and only makes it so that customers potentially need to buy more than one.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@PM-Questions 

I have to agree with @jivetalker 's assessment that for $25/2gb is pretty sweet for 8 months. If you are a fairly low user and can switch to the $15 plan with 1.25gb of data!

Need Help? Let's chat.