cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Lunar New Year Offer

Thanks for the new offer! I'll share it with family/friends.

hycm53
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I wonder this is only for new customer ?

@hycm53 wrote:

It is only for new account activations, but tthe fact that you're asking is the point that I was trying to make earlier.

dlambro
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If someone entered their email address for the 1 month free and 5gb add on (prior promo) and hasn't activated yet (as the terms say need to activate by Feb 8th), can they also receive this Lunar New year offer?  If my dad activates the plan next week, say $25/m plan, will he receive the  $25 credit, plus 5bg data add on, plus this extra 1 gb/month for 8 months?  

@dlambro wrote:

If someone entered their email address for the 1 month free and 5gb add on (prior promo) and hasn't activated yet (as the terms say need to activate by Feb 8th), can they also receive this Lunar New year offer?  If my dad activates the plan next week, say $25/m plan, will he receive the  $25 credit, plus 5bg data add on, plus this extra 1 gb/month for 8 months?  

Sorry, but this announcement says that:

• "This offer is not stackable with other in-market offers."
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@hycm53 wrote:

It is only for new account activations, but tthe fact that you're asking is the point that I was trying to make earlier.

It is a good point, @computergeek541 .   The use of the term "Public Mobile customers" suggests those who currently are in receipt of Public Mobile service.

The promotion currently worded as:  "To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, Public Mobile customers can...",  should read as,   "To celebrate Lunar New Year, for a limited time only, prospective Public Mobile customers can..." 

Or simply, "To celebrate... if you activate a new Public Mobile account you can..."

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I find this offer is discriminatory against those of non-Asian race. This offer should include long distance minutes to anywhere in the world. By limiting this offer to only China, it unfairly benefits a certain race, and as such is illegal discrimination of those of other races and nationalities. Telus is opening themselves up for a discrimination lawsuit.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

I don't know about you but I'm of the human race. Pretty sure the rest of us apes are too.

So the Diwali promo a while ago will have been the same thing then? That was minutes to India or something.

The whole overwhelming onslaught of the late December partying isn't enough balance for you?

Would you pony up the costs of said lawsuit? Expect a big cash payout to recover the initial outlay?

This can't be serious.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@BasesLoadedWalk 

OMG....really? By omission you are saying no one but those of asian descent would want to call China, Macao, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Not only are they major centres of business with many Canadian connections there is also the colonial history of occupation by the British and the Portugese. Your comment is incendiary and not helpful in the context of the community and its purpose.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

This is a sweet deal for new customers.

Need Help? Let's chat.