Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Issue Resolved] Select customers unable to send texts

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 14 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

11:00 AM ET - May 14, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers on the $15 100 minute Talk + Unlimited incoming minutes plan, in which customers are unable to send texts. Data services and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later today. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

119 REPLIES 119

pakuma
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi this issue hasn't been resolved for me, I'm on a $35 30 day plan with 1gb data and unlimited nation wide call and unlimited international text and so far I can't even text numbers within my city, Regina Saskatchewan, Pls how do I resolve this. Thanks

@dabr wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@C-L wrote:

To reset your sim card, turn off your phone, take out your sim card, put the sim back in then turn the phone back on. I hope this helps.

Though it never hurts to try, this have been shown time and again to have no effect on resolving this issue. 

Please read these insights regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

Problems with Texting on Public Mobile? Read my insights and share yours

Like you've said repeatedly, it doesn't hurt to try some of the 'so called tricks' since many people have found them to work (myself included), whilst waiting for a response from the moderators.  It just might save users some time and headache IMO.

Again no harm BUT did you have this specific problem with texting and this trick helped restore your plan? If so, you would be the first that I have heard it helped in this specific situation. But would be good to know. Just trying to sort out what actually works and what does not.

No mine was not a texting issue and I don't know if this particular fix has helped anyone.  I'm also aware some people with problems never update to say if the suggestion actually helped either.  So maybe it did or did not help anyone.  Just think it's a better idea to suggest something they might be able to do rather than dismiss it as not likely to work.

Thanks for confirming. I get what you are saying but I am speaking from first hand experience having 9 of these plans that all these resetting tricks do not work for this specific issue. And this has been corroborated by everyone that has reported back that has tried all these different tricks. So my take is to help people have the right expectation. But also to help identify what actually does work. And so far, nothing does, other than getting PM to fix this on their end, which so far, has been hit and miss.

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@C-L wrote:

To reset your sim card, turn off your phone, take out your sim card, put the sim back in then turn the phone back on. I hope this helps.

Though it never hurts to try, this have been shown time and again to have no effect on resolving this issue. 

Like you've said repeatedly, it doesn't hurt to try some of the 'so called tricks' since many people have found them to work (myself included), whilst waiting for a response from the moderators.  It just might save users some time and headache IMO.

Again no harm BUT did you have this specific problem with texting and this trick helped restore your plan? If so, you would be the first that I have heard it helped in this specific situation. But would be good to know. Just trying to sort out what actually works and what does not.

No mine was not a texting issue and I don't know if this particular fix has helped anyone.  I'm also aware some people with problems never update to say if the suggestion actually helped either.  So maybe it did or did not help anyone.  Just think it's a better idea to suggest something they might be able to do rather than dismiss it as not likely to work.

@dabr wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@C-L wrote:

alfredomtz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@burnr142 Mine isn't working either. I received a message from the Moderator indicating that the 'plan features have not been applied to my plan.' So waiting for a resolution! It's been 5 days now without service. 😞

@colorfulbundles wrote:

Is this now totally resolved? I use texting almost 100% of the time on my phone for my business, and cannot afford to miss texts... I just discovered this phone service and am interested in giving it a go as I just got my update from Virgin Mobile...and am no happy with it anymore even tho I have been happy with them for several years...until now.

It looks like this is not very stable plan, i didn't notice any issues with it, but they did apply a fix to mine i guess they did it for everybody even if you didn't complain and now i see more people complaining. I still don't have any issues with it.

You may want to consider another stable plan until this one it's for sure resolved, you can switch any time to it, just make sure you postdate your switch to renewal date as you don't get reimbursed for the change (no prepaid service does). I put one of my aunts on $25 with unlimited calling texting and 1g of data and not a single issue at all. It's just 10 more, also great value and you can switch to 15 when they fix it. I'm not sure how long it will be available, but I'm hoping it's here to stay, and you can lock into it by postdating

vunak

WE cant even use our phones they keep dropping off the network totally paid uptodate and not near expiry and to boot my daughters and mine havent worked in two days ?? what is going on ????? not just text and email but not able to make calls ?? wtf !! we have drs to worry about and now this ?? 

roxie_6970

I can receive or send calls or text when I tried calling it says cant find my number my bill was paid April 5 2019 and good til July 5 2019 how can this be fixec

@colorfulbundles wrote:

Is this now totally resolved? I use texting almost 100% of the time on my phone for my business, and cannot afford to miss texts... I just discovered this phone service and am interested in giving it a go as I just got my update from Virgin Mobile...and am no happy with it anymore even tho I have been happy with them for several years...until now.

There seems to be chronic problems with the $15 plan currently. My guess is that the other plans are stable though. I've had Public Mobile talk/text/data service for a couple of years now...without a hitch. If you're able to troubleshoot minor problems as well as rely on the rich knowledge found in the Community forums, then Public Mobile is an excellent cell service provider...in my opinion (others would not be so quick to recommed). Good luck wherever you land up.

burnr142

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

4:00 PM ET - May 14 2019

Hey Community,

Our technical team has successfully implemented a solution for customers who were affected by the issue outlined below.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

11:00 AM ET - May 14, 2019

Hey Community,

We have identified an issue affecting select customers on the $15 100 minute Talk + Unlimited incoming minutes plan, in which customers are unable to send texts. Data services and calling are unaffected by this issue.

Our technical team is currently working on a solution, and will have an update later today. We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Yeah it is not fixed at all. I think it's even caused more issues as my phone is now not working for anything in or out. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@colorfulbundles wrote:

If you can't "afford" to miss any telecommunications then this might not be the right service for you. If you can "afford" to have any services down for a day or 3 then fine. It's only a problem when there's a problem. Otherwise the rest of us have services ticking ever on without interruption.

burnr142

Yeah I have sent a private message to a mod that helped me last time I had an issue. I tried the usual power cycle, remove sim, lost stolen. Doesn't work. 

colorfulbundles

@burnr142 wrote:

Yeah nothing is working at all. I might be out of data but still no calls in/out or texts. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@burnr142 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burnr142 wrote:

I'm on the 15$ plan here in Ontario. Nothing working all of a sudden. Self serve portal doesn't show my plan now and won't even show any to change to. Help!

Yes the site seems to be in another of its moods. Try a different browser or wait a while.

Is the self-serve showing suspended or Plan Expired?

It's not showing any plan at all. It says account is active, just no plan showing up. I tried to change it and no plans show there either. Used chrome and Firefox same problem. 

You say nothing is working...like everything or calls in/out, texts in/out, internet?

Wow another strange issue.  So you said you might have used up all your data, are you able to see what your usage of your features is (unless that's not viewable either)?  I don't know if maybe tagging a moderator might speed up the response to your issue or not.

burnr142

Yeah nothing is working at all. I might be out of data but still no calls in/out or texts. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@burnr142 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burnr142 wrote:

I'm on the 15$ plan here in Ontario. Nothing working all of a sudden. Self serve portal doesn't show my plan now and won't even show any to change to. Help!

Yes the site seems to be in another of its moods. Try a different browser or wait a while.

It's not showing any plan at all. It says account is active, just no plan showing up. I tried to change it and no plans show there either. Used chrome and Firefox same problem. 

You say nothing is working...like everything or calls in/out, texts in/out, internet?

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@C-L wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@burnr142 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@burnr142 wrote:

burnr142

@Anonymous wrote:

@burnr142 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@burnr142 wrote:

burnr142

@C-L wrote:

@Lieux wrote:

@Scott6370 wrote:

How do I reset sim card

Try this little trick to reactivate your sim...go in your self-serve account ..tab PLAN/ADD-ONS and click on PHONE LOST/STOLEN  and close your phone few minutes. Open it again and click on reactivate your service. 

Though it never hurts to try, this has been shown numerous times to have no effect on resolving this issue. 

Please read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

@saje_ward wrote:

Still not working over here. Phone was reset overnight.

He (my son) is on a $30/m plan, not the $15 plan. Should I contact an admin directly?

YES! Definitely.

@duffer900 wrote:

@Scott6370 wrote:

Husbandcant only send text to people with Telus and I’m not with them..need this fix ASAP cuz he is leaving for work

... maybe try removing the SIM, reseating it, rebooting the device... Long shots, but something to try.

Though it does not hurt to try, these measures have been shown over and over to have no effect in resolving tis issue. This is strictly a problem on PM's system. 

You can read these insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

@Scott6370 wrote:

I set up husbands phone up and he can only receive texts from Telus customers and can’t receive from bell which is who I’m with...wish I could fix this if not I guess he will be back with bell

Is he able to send messages back to Telus? That is my problem on many of $10 plans.

You can read some insights and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

@Dunkman wrote:

@Missing10Mil 

Try the lost stolen phone trick as above.  

Though it never hurts to try, that "trick" had no effect on this issue, as has been demonstrated many times. You can read insights on this problem that is also affecting the $10 plans and share yours regarding problems with texting with PM, here:

rolliebeam

Thanks for the info

saje_ward
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Still not working over here. Phone was reset overnight.

He (my son) is on a $30/m plan, not the $15 plan. Should I contact an admin directly?

Missing10Mil

My Cellphone started to receive text messages back out of nowhere but great !

Missing10Mil

Thx but i already did that

I tried Restarting the phone

Taking out the sim card for 15 min

Reset my APN settings

Changing Phones

Doing the lost your phone thing

Still no sucess, i hate considering leaving PM but if I can't get texted or get called by Tomorrow I'll have too 😅

Need Help? Let's chat.