Is the 250Mb of data monthly, or just a one-time perk?
It's a recuring bonus as long as account stays active and autopay is enabled.
Nice. I was one of those asking for this a number of times. I wasn't expecting the 250MB data bonus however. Even better.
"Compare with Chatr $15.00 plan, no unlimited incoming call will not make $10.00 Senior users to change to this plan. "
I don't believe Chatr offers refer-a-friend, autopay, or community contribution bonuses- all of which may figure into the equation. As well there's a .40/min charge to retrieve voicemail which would, if used, quickly cancel out any price equivalency.
Wonderful! Now i don't mind retiring the $10 plan...
I am not a mod. Do not send me private message with your personal info.
New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.
Great announcement to wake up to!! PM is listening to the customers. This will really become the goto plan for parents to get their kids as a first phone plan. With these last two plan announcements it is showing PM is not just the feeder brand but still the brand for great plans at great prices.
The Spoiler says, "leaving a voicemail message uses up minutes." However, with $10 50/50 plan, I tested a few days ago whether leaving a voicemail message uses minutes or not with a brand new PM number.
When my friend leaves a voicemail message, it appears as an outgoing call to local voicemail number in both call history (picture 1) and my usage as 1/50 min (picture 2). Then, after a second, 1 minute usage disappears, 0/50 min (picture 3). It looks PM fixed it so as not to count minutes for "leaving a voicemail message." Can you please confirm this and update the Announcement/Spoiler if it's indeed fixed?
Starting March 15th, we’re excited to bring you something that’s been long requested- a new Ready-Made plan at $15 with Unlimited International Text. This plan is available for new and existing customers and includes:
- 30-day plan
- 100 minutes of Canada-wide Talk
- Unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging
- +Bonus 250 MB with AutoPay
- Voicemail and Call Display
How to Get This Offer:
- Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online or locate a participating retailer to purchase a SIM Card.
- Visit activate.publicmobile.ca and follow the instructions to activate your SIM Card. If purchasing from a participating retailer, the retail associate can assist you with the activation.
- During the activation process, select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”.
- Log in on Self Serve
- Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
- Select “Change Plan”
- Select the ready-made plan “$15 for 100 minutes and Unlimited Text”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.
To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.
-Public Mobile Community Team
What does and does not use my minutes?
Doesn’t Use Minutes
● Making a call
● Answering a call
● Retrieving or leaving voicemail messages
● Using call forwarding
● Calling *611 (the IVR)
● Making or receiving calls from 911
● Using wifi calling apps when connected to Wifi
Will you notify me when I’m almost out of minutes?
Yes, you will get an SMS message from Public Mobile when you 10 minutes left in your plan.
If I don’t have any minutes left, but I have a voicemail message, how do I check my voicemail?
There are two ways you can check your voicemail.
- From a landline or another mobile phone, dial your 10-digit phone number and press the * key to interrupt the system greeting. From here, you may need enter your voicemail password.
- You can purchase a long distance Add-On such as the 200 minutes Add-On that allows you to call to Canada and the US for $8. Note, the minutes in the Add-On will rollover to your next billing cycle.
Do I have to purchase a Long Distance Add-On to get more than 100 minutes?
Yes, you need a Long Distance Add-On to get more minutes added to your plan. If you often use more than 100 minutes per 30 days, we recommend one of our plans with unlimited talk.
If I purchase a Long Distance Add-On, will my calls use up my Add-On minutes or my in-plan minutes?
Making a Call to someone in Canada
Making a Call to someone outside of Canada
Answering a Call from Anywhere in the World
Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes.
Requires Long Distance Add-On. The Long Distance countries we support can be found here.
Will use plan minutes, before Long Distance Add-On minutes
Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included.
Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. Aside from calls to Canada, you will only be able to make calls to people in the U.S. and its territories.
Requires a U.S. Roaming Add-On with talk included. You will only be able to receive calls from people in Canada or the US and its territories.
If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling in Canada, your call will use your in-plan minutes first.
If you purchase a Long Distance Add-On and you’re calling outside of Canada, your call will use your Long Distance Add-On minutes (as long as the location you’re calling is accessible through your Long Distance Add-On).
Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?
Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.