Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE: Only Today - 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Today only, new activations can get 2GB of monthly bonus data for free when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is only available for new customers. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by July 31 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by July 31 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 
  • For a limited time only. Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online, or activate in-store

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

39 REPLIES 39

@computergeek541 

Hi. I was not even aware of it. I guess I am just not looking for more. 

But here is what page 1 looks like as of this minute. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 6.47.08 PM.png

Also it is not longer in ANNOUNCEMENTS. So the wording is, now, bad and the notification is buried somewhere ..... not an enticement for some one new to later find out that they lost out. I wish I could work there and correct some of the bad and conflicting wording or I was watch on TV last night that autistic people are real good at finding this type of thing. 

Confused....and newbie would be disappointed vs confused. But yes other confused as well. 

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Just to add....that title is once again another poorly worded statement. 

To attract me to have read it...it should have said......

FLASH SALE: Starting Today - Through til July 31 2021  - 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

but it didn't start on that day

I'm as confused about this announcement as the next Community member.

SILKEYEYES_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow what a great deal. Thanks for the info

@superseby 

I activated an extra account because the offer at xmas was too good to pass up....its used as an extra data account for the bf and kept suspended when not needed. I paid $25 up front for 2.5gb of plan data, 3 months of service, 7gb of add on data and 500 international long distance minutes. When I need to unsuspend it again it will be only my second payment on the account $26......which will bring it back around to xmas again. All tolled for $51+tax I have very attractive data package for very little money spent......happens to be unthrottled 4G LTE at the moment too!

Just to add....that title is once again another poorly worded statement. 

To attract me to have read it...it should have said......

FLASH SALE: Starting Today - Through til July 31 2021  - 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

superseby
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Lol you're funny 😅

@LurganIeUk 

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by July 31 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus 

@LurganIeUk 

True but it still a valid promocode but not stackable with other in market offers.

@darlicious 

FLASH SALE: Only Today - 2GB of monthly bonus data for free*

It says for today only....one week ago. And I cannot see what the * is referencing to. 

And is NOT stackable. 

@superseby @SILKEYEYES_ 

There is nothing stopping you from taking advantage of this promo. Simply activate a new sim card and choose a $35+ plan and add the promocode 2GBBONUS. Drop your other account down to the $15 plan and either call forward your calls to the new number or suspend for 85 to 89 days and renew for 30 days to keep your number or port it out to a voip for 3 months and port it back in to the account with this promo or just let it suspend and cancel after 90 days.

superseby

No sir, PM think loyal customers doesn't deserve it. It is sarcasm.

@SILKEYEYES_ wrote:

Can current subscribers use this promo code of 2GB of bonus data on $35+ plans as this is a better promo than the one I have?

Nope...most of the promo's are aimed at new customers.

****This offer is only available for new customers. Rules and conditions apply.

SILKEYEYES_

Can current subscribers use this promo code of 2GB of bonus data on $35+ plans as this is a better promo than the one I have?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You were supposed to 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by July 31 using the promo code to redeem this offer.

If you activated a $35 or higher plan then try contacting a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

ptpz

Hello,

Last week I was browsing the Public Mobile website and I believe I saw this promo on the front page (I was thinking about switching service providers at the time).

I finally got a PM sim card yesterday and made the switch, but couldn't find the same promo on the front page.

At the time of sign up/activation, I used a friend referral code. Would I still be able to add this promo or any other promo codes on top?

Thanks in advance, cheers!

PM Newbie

@superseby 

I will agree that it is more “permanent” than most other offers seen here occasionally. But it isn’t 100% permanent. You want it because with time we all want more data. So you get this and are happy for some length of time until you need more data and change plans. Then it is lost. Or you go travelling for awhile and switch down to the $15 plan for a few months…then it is gone. But what really will wind up happening is after you jump through a bunch of hoops to get this as a new customer without losing your number (it is possible) before long they create a new version of your plan with more data included that you switch to and then the 2 GB is gone.  I am just trying to point out that unless you are really strapped for data, it might be worth just holding on a bit longer. But if you don't have many/any other rewards and your number is no big deal to change you can grab this as a new customer right now.

No one is preventing you from saying/thinking whatever you want. Some of us just don't agree with the logic that a company has to give the same incentives to existing customers as they give to new customers. Whatever incentives you did or dint get when you came to PM was good enough to hook you at the time.

AE_Collector 

superseby

It's called sarcasm btw. I don't like it at all.

superseby

Right, but I don't think it's they are fair that I should have to play that game.

In the past PM has done similar thing and come back and offer same goodies to actual customer... really hope it's going to be the case again.

Sorry guys I thought it was an open community where we can ALSO criticize some move of PM not only praise how good they are whatever they do.

superseby

PM are not alone at all at giving bonus... come on! look around a bit. 

superseby

Yep sorry a long time customer.

I mean I don't care as a customer that a lot of compagny give goodie to new customer. This is a permanent monthly 2 Gb! It's not the same story at all!!!

It's fun to read you. Do you have a tatoo PM on your chest???

@superseby wrote:

I like it as an old customer. I guess it's time to quit?...

This makes no sense… “You like it as a old (Long Time?) customer so you think you will quit”?

ALL companies have incentives to switch to them that isn’t regularly offered to existing customers. PM unlike most other companies DOES give us Loyalty Rewards, Referral Rewards, Autopay Rewards & Community Involvement Rewards. Then usually around Christmas time they toss us some free add-on data and calling packages just for being loyal customers.

JMHO of course….

AE_Collector

@superseby   If you are willing to give up your number and rewards like loyalty reward,  it's actually no cost to quit and come back with a new activate:

superseby

I like it as an old customer. I guess it's time to quit?...

Looks like the previous 2GB data monthly bonus promotion is still active. Expiry date unknown.   Not sure why there was a flash promo, except for better exposure. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/pd3-3523583103?ds_rl=1268486&ds_rl=1268486&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7KHm3...

@hassanraza Unfortunately, it is only for new customers.

This offer is only available to new customers.

hassanraza

if I change my plan from $15 to $35 can I still get 2GB bonus .

thanks for the answer

carlaspapa
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Geez I guess I would 20 minutes too late and a dollar shy for this promo!

They are calling it a Flash Sale. Thus, I would think it would be register your email between Friday and either Sunday night or Monday night, like most other Flash Sales. I have NEVER seen a Today Only Sale here.

AE_Collector

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think we all agree that this is Public Mobile's marketing at its finest... 😋

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@CalvinW wrote:

Only for new customers... What's new?

New activations.

Need Help? Let's chat.