cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Get your second month FREE when you activate!

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update as of January 3, 2020: This offer is now expired.

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 days.

Hey Community, 

Effective immediately until December 23th at 11:59PM ET, we are offering your second month free when you activate on a $25/mo plan or higher online OR in-store! This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only. 

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

259 REPLIES 259

@matm wrote:

do i get my second month for free 

Yes, if you actuvated after Friday morning 9:10am et.

@matm wrote:

@matm 

Yes, You should get the credit equivalent within 30 days according to terms and conditions of this promotion.  

matm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Mimi33
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi...it's me again.  So I did as you suggested and asked the Mod team about my joining in the two days the offer was not available but still have not heard from them.  Is this normal?  Do I just assume the no reply means no?

@AE_Collector wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote: @AE_Collector  can't spell at the best of times...he meant self serve..

lol... it's my iPads fault... I SWEAR! For all the corrections I do before or right after posting I don't know how so many glitches still make it through! I come across things I wrote a month or two ago and correct them then as well!

AE_Collector

I can relate...do the same thing myself.

Merry Christmas

@hairbag1 wrote: @AE_Collector  can't spell at the best of times...he meant self serve..

lol... it's my iPads fault... I SWEAR! For all the corrections I do before or right after posting I don't know how so many glitches still make it through! I come across things I wrote a month or two ago and correct them then as well!

AE_Collector

Montrealpost
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Mleevega wrote:

Hi there, I activated online with a purchased sim at the beginning of December. How do I know whether I received this promo?

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 day

How to Get this Offer: 

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $25/mo or higher plan by December 23, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the account credit within 30 business days. 
  • The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

Seems like a number of people repeated that current promotion has changed to include 1) all plans, and 2) till unknow date instead of Dec. 23 midnight.  Yet, the 1st post of this thread remains unchanged.  In the past, when PM changed promotion, the 1st post was also updated to reflect the change, not this time?  I'd appreciate re-confirmation and source!

@Dreamer1959 wrote:

What is sekf and how do I log into it

@AE_Collector  can't spell at the best of times...he meant self serve..Here's the detailed instruction on how to get the one time gift of 1 GB of data add-on and 400 minutes of Intenational calling add-on...

Available today until December 25th, all new and existing customers can get a free 1GB data add-on, 400 minutes of international long-distance calling, and a chance to win one of 160 Amazon e-giftcards. 

How do I get my free 1GB of data and international calling?

To add these add-ons to your account:

1. Log into your Self-Serve account 
  2. Click “Purchase Add-Ons” in My Data & Add-ons section of Overview tab
  3. Select the Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 1GB Add-on and/or Free Holiday Giveaway: $0 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US). It’s up to you if you want one or both!
  4. Click “Buy Add-Ons” at the bottom of your screen.

Dreamer1959
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is sekf and how do I log into it

@Dreamer1959 

Yes you do! Credits will show up in your account equal to your first months payment to cover your next renewal. Don't forget to log in to Self Serve and claim your two Christmas Gifts from Public Mobile. The last day to do so is Christmas Day.

AE_Collector

Dreamer1959

I activated at the phone centre at Walmart yesterday. Do I qualify for the free second month free?

Jonavin

Ok this promo, in combination with the other freebies, just made me decide to add another line for my 11 year old. Wished that old $10 plan was still around but the $15 one (really only $12 after autopay and referral credit) is good value.

Asima

And still, there is risk hiding in an unknown time.

Asima

Glad to hear, so now $15 plan will also be eligible for the free month.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V @Alan_K 

I know that there was origianlly going to be a weekend flash sales and that it was only supposed to be for $25+ plans starting at 9am eastern on December 20th.

At https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30daysfor0 , no mention is made of any promotion start time, except to say that the day is started was December 20th.

"11 - Limited time offer, effective December 20 2019. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store. Offer is stackable with other promotions.

The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied. Please note the one-time credit will be added to the account within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

Are customers who activated before 9am EST on December 20 or those who activated a $15 plan before the new offer was made stil going to receive the account credit?

@computergeek541  and others....

Public Mobile needs to do a better job of announcing promotions, their conditions, updates, extensions, stackable promotions, exclusions, effective dates and expiration of promotions. 

All of this has to be properly communicated and clearly documented to the moderators as well. So when missing credits , monthly discounts and bonus add ons or monthly/plan data bonuses are missing from new customers accounts and the inevitable questions start to appear on the community we can help clarify any confusion on part of the customer and advise the users who are legitimately missing promotional promises to contact the moderators to have their accounts properly adjusted or credited for the portion of the promotion that is missing. Far too often the community does it's very best to explain and interpret the appropriate promotion only to hear that moderators are refusing such requests because they do not understand, have a clearly definitive promotion chart to refer to and/or need better training and policy guidelines to be able to perform their job description and duties as moderators. As unpaid, volunteer, front of line and the face of public mobile and an integral part of its business model the community does its very best to effectively communicate to new and potential customers the promotions, plans and self service accounts it offers as a mobile provider. Moderators would be far more productive, efficient and effective for public mobile and the customers they serve and want to keep happily enjoying their mobile providers service if time was not wasted on seeminly endless back and forth messaging on whose interpertation of a promotional announcement is correct. I have never had this kind of communication with a customer service agent at other service providers. Mistakes and misunderstandings happen but without a clear policy or promotion to refer to this will continue to be a giant time wasting problem for public mobile.

@Tiana_V @Alan_K 

I know that there was origianlly going to be a weekend flash sales and that it was only supposed to be for $25+ plans starting at 9am eastern on December 20th.

At https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30daysfor0 , no mention is made of any promotion start time, except to say that the day is started was December 20th.

"11 - Limited time offer, effective December 20 2019. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store. Offer is stackable with other promotions.

The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied. Please note the one-time credit will be added to the account within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

Are customers who activated before 9am EST on December 20 or those who activated a $15 plan before the new offer was made stil going to receive the account credit?

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Mleevega wrote:

Hi there, I activated online with a purchased sim at the beginning of December. How do I know whether I received this promo?

This offer is now available for activations on any Public Mobile plan and has been extended until further notice. Please note that the credit will be applied to your account within 30 day

How to Get this Offer: 

@hairbag1 I think that you may have missed the part where @Mleevega says that the activation was done at the beginning of December.

@Mleevega wrote:

This offer only started on yesterday on December 20th. Unless you activated on December 1st or 2nd or between the 13th and 16th (inclusive) or from December 20th until now, no you will not receivea  free 30 days of service.

@Mleevega 

Check replies in the specific topic you started about this issue.

AE_Collector

@Mleevega wrote:

How to Get this Offer: 

Mleevega

Iluvurhug
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sweet deal!

@totalUser wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

I've noticed that Lucky is offering half-priced sim cards pretty much across the board. I wonder if Public Mobile will be matching that.

I read that somebody called a local store and sims are free there, give them a call and check

Store sometimes do offer them free, but Lucky's half-priced sim cards are also available online.

@computergeek541 wrote:

I've noticed that Lucky is offering half-priced sim cards pretty much across the board. I wonder if Public Mobile will be matching that.

I read that somebody called a local store and sims are free there, give them a call and check

Yeah, there isn't really anything that can be messed up with this one is there? The $25 or higher plan requirement initially in the fine print doesn't apply.

AE_Collector

@Coolbeanz wrote:

Dang I wish I had read the fine print!

@Coolbeanz  Uh oh what did you miss?

Coolbeanz

Dang I wish I had read the fine print!

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here we go again, come on board Public Mobile.

Mimi33

You should see the credit later if you activated your account Dec 13th-Dec 16th

Need Help? Let's chat.