cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FLASH SALE! Buy a SIM & get a bonus 3 GB of data when you activate on any plan $35/mo or higher

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community!

Happy Friday! My name is Tiana and I’m a recent addition to the Public Mobile team. I’ll be your go-to from now on for all things PM and Community, taking over from @Alan_K. Don’t worry, Alan will still be around and on the team, only now with a new focus on improving support for you all. I’m super excited to join the Community and for my first announcement to be a flash sale coming this weekend!

From November 9-10, customers that purchase a SIM card online or in-store will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 3GB of data. Simply activate before November 10, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 3 GB of data: When you activate by November 10th on a rate plan of $35/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 3 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated by November 10th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 3 GB data Add-On within 10 business days.
  • This offer is stackable with other in-market promotions

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

70 REPLIES 70

@Sea_Mare wrote:

Hi Tiana_V,

I did purchase a sim card on line it is November 10th. Like you said to buy it on line on November 9 and 10th but you also said to activate it by November 10th. How can you do that.

thank you

Daniel

@Tiana_V  This is a very good question. In your announcement you said "to buy a SIM card online here"and activate by November 10th to recieve the 3gb data bonus. We at the community know that you cannot purchase a SIM card online and recieve it within the 2 day time period to activate. How is a new customer to know that it is impossible to Do?

Sea_Mare
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Tiana_V,

I did purchase a sim card on line it is November 10th. Like you said to buy it on line on November 9 and 10th but you also said to activate it by November 10th. How can you do that.

thank you

Daniel

@shauno wrote:

Hi I just activated my new Public Mobile account tonight in store.  How do I get access to my extra 3GB data, will it just show up on my account?

Thanks!

If you signed up on a $35 or higher plan, it's automatic within 10 business days.

shauno
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I just activated my new Public Mobile account tonight in store.  How do I get access to my extra 3GB data, will it just show up on my account?

Thanks!

Some forum members may hold spare new SIM cards for purposes such as this? (I keep several on hand for this purpose) With PM constantly running these weekend Flash Sales many prospective new customers can not easily get a SIM card in time to activate and score the promotion. All the new customer really needs is the SIM card serial number to activate and somewhere to have the SIM card mailed to so they can make their new service work.

AE_Collector

@GR wrote:

@hunterblack you can't,  all you could do is go to a Walmart or London drugs and get Sim cards and when you get the ones from amazon just sell them or save them  

There are other ways to get a sim card if the person doesn't have a convenient retail location that sells Public Mobile sim cards close by.  Some third-party sim card sources will provide the sim card number ahead of time, but that means that you would need to activate before you receive the sim.

Actually they did! All existing customers were given a 1 Gb add-on a couple of months ago. Unheard of to give existing customers something just for being existing customers!

AE_Collector

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

Good plan bonus to have.   They should have it for existing customer who had been a while. Smiley Happy

@hunterblack wrote:

have purchassed 3 sim cards on amazon, how do i activate them before november 10 for the 3Gig bonus if i don't physically have the cards yet? 

Amazon sometimes delivers on Saturday and Sunday based on when they sent it and who they used for shipping.

@hunterblack you can't,  all you could do is go to a Walmart or London drugs and get Sim cards and when you get the ones from amazon just sell them or save them  

hunterblack

have purchassed 3 sim cards on amazon, how do i activate them before november 10 for the 3Gig bonus if i don't physically have the cards yet? 

@dabr wrote:

@M_C wrote:

Hi I just activated my account this morning and I wanted to take advantage of this offer but I realize now I only got the $25 plan when I needed to get the $35 plan. It seems that if I change plans I loose my $25. Is there a way to adjust my plan to the $35 plan without loosing my initial plan payment and get the 3gb bonus offer?

@M_C   You can try pleading your case with the moderators ask that they change you over to the qualifying plan.  They may do it as a goodwil gesture, although there is no guarantee, nor anything to lose for you asking.

Here is the link to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/   You can also click on the ? mark bottom right of your screen if you get an error with the link.

@M_CBest to add the extra funds to cover the plan difference ahead of time if the moderators agree to it.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@M_C wrote:

Hi I just activated my account this morning and I wanted to take advantage of this offer but I realize now I only got the $25 plan when I needed to get the $35 plan. It seems that if I change plans I loose my $25. Is there a way to adjust my plan to the $35 plan without loosing my initial plan payment and get the 3gb bonus offer?

@M_C   You can try pleading your case with the moderators ask that they change you over to the qualifying plan.  They may do it as a goodwil gesture, although there is no guarantee, nor anything to lose for you asking.

Here is the link to submit a ticket to moderators via SIMon: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/   You can also click on the ? mark bottom right of your screen if you get an error with the link.

@M_C wrote:

For this offer, the new account had to be activated on the $35 plan.  You'd have to hope for an exception.

M_C

@Ed404 wrote:

These aren't the promos you're looking for. (Star Wars)

I'm probably going to activate a cheap plan here and this promo doesn't help me Smiley Sad. Unless one of you can sell me that sim card cheap Smiley Wink

@Nah...wait it out. There will be a better one before the month is out and your community work will still register for rewards. In "value" it seems good....$90. But only if you activate the $40 plan and then change on your next renewal to the $15 or the $25 to get enough monthly data for your needs but have the bonus add ons as back up. If you look I'm sure you can find someone willing to give you a free SIM in exchange for using their referral code. Check Craigslist under for sale...cellular or free.

Ed404
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

These aren't the promos you're looking for. (Star Wars)

I'm probably going to activate a cheap plan here and this promo doesn't help me Smiley Sad. Unless one of you can sell me that sim card cheap Smiley Wink

@KenAdams 
You can do the $40 plan. Just has to be at least $35.

However, more important is that this is a NEW CUSTOMER SALE, so most of us here aren't eligible. And, you need to know that this isn't a monthly bonus but just a one time data bonus that will kick in each month that you burn through all of your plans included data to fill the gap. Whatever is left hangs on for the next time it is needed. To me these add-ones allow one to go with the minimum data plan that they can get away with (lowest monthly cost possible) as the data add-on will fill the gap if and when needed.

AE_Collector

KenAdams

Welcome Tiana.

However, I will stick with what I have now. A one time bonus of 3GB is nothing really. Sorry but it's true. If it was the $40 plan with 4.5GB of data plus 0.5GB bonus AND the 3GB flash weekend bonus equaling 8GB a month, I'd jump on that faster than Joey Tribbiani eating a pizza! 🙂

I read much of the information available on TELUS' 3rd quarter financial results made public on Thursday. (I own a LOT of TELUS shares) It was stated that TELUS "sat out" much of the summer cell plan battles rather than adding to the discounting. This may well explain the drought of PM new customer incentives we all noticed through that period, company directive.

AE_Collector

SimplyRah

Sorry, I did not see the other comments first, now I think I understand that it rolls over until it's used. Thanks!

@SimplyRah wrote:

Hello! I'm not sure I understand - this is a "one-time" bonus, so you get it within 10 days of activation, let's say it's on day 10, then you have the bonus for the next 20 days until the end of your billing cycle and then it goes away?

Thanks for clarifying!

@SimplyRah 

The bonus add on of 3 GB does not expire.  Unused data will roll over to the next month.  It is a one time data add on though.  (ie. you won't get another 3G data every month)

SimplyRah

Hello! I'm not sure I understand - this is a "one-time" bonus, so you get it within 10 days of activation, let's say it's on day 10, then you have the bonus for the next 20 days until the end of your billing cycle and then it goes away?

Thanks for clarifying!

@cavemantoronto wrote:

Are these sales getting worse? They used to be 5GB bonus and discounts. Now, no discounts and only 3GB.

Hi @cavemantoronto 

I was actually thinking about it, this spring they had one with 5g for 25+ plans. Also we did have 2 gigs before too.But then holidays are coming and there will probably gonna be more and you probably want to increase goodies handed out. If you start with 5g you'll end up handing out gold bars by Xmas. I think this is a nice start

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Are these sales getting worse? They used to be 5GB bonus and discounts. Now, no discounts and only 3GB.

@Tiana_V  Welcome to public mobile and the community. You've got some pretty big shoes to fill and I wish you the very best in doing so. Be prepared to be tagged! If you are in any way like @Alan_K  then you certainly have your work cut out for you as he was engaged, responsive and reachable. Im happy he is going to be still working on our behalf and hope his new role and your bring great job satisfaction and success.

@824755 wrote:

HiTiana, on Nov.7 I have activated PM sim card with $35/month plan and didn't get this 3GB add-on. Please advise.

This offer is November 9 and 10 only.

HiTiana, on Nov.7 I have activated PM sim card with $35/month plan and didn't get this 3GB add-on. Please advise.

Lapis_19

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Lapis_19 wrote:

Welcome Tiana! Great sale. Are you an oracle or a moderator?

Tiana_V is a Public Mobile staff member, but not a moderator.

Oracles do not work for Public Mobile and are customers.

Thank you for the explanation, haven't being part of the community long so I appreciate the lesson.

@AE_Collector wrote:

Then one wonders if some form of record of the purchase of the SIM card is needed or if it really just means acquire a SIM any way possible and activate a new account.

It won't matter where the sim card was sourced from, as long as the sim card is valid and is activated while the promotion is active.

I can only recall of one-time that Public Mobile required members to purchase a sim card from the website for a promotion. That time, they based it on e-mail addresss, and the e-mail address used for the same card order had to be a match for that of the self serve account.  Those conditions don't apply for this weekend's offer.

Need Help? Let's chat.