cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Points System

Nicholasj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have 3 year loyalty and have the $2 pre authorization bonus so i save $5 a month. If i were to activate the point system would i loose that?

13 REPLIES 13

Jedi1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@IceManKent  I joined with my family on Black Friday and redeemed a $15 voucher today.  It is not like the legacy rewards but the points program still encouraged the move to PM.  Enjoy your new plan.  I switched a couple of our lines to the $34 US/Can plan this week also.  

@IceManKent  yes unfortunately any one that joined after jan2022 is in the new point system. But welcome back to PM 🙂

IceManKent

Wow, a zero bill !!  Way to go, Handy1 !!

My experience is that 2 yrs ago, I got a plan from PM for my daughter.
It used the (old / better) rewards system.
It has been great !!!, but as the math proves, it is a losing proposition for PM, as it definitely eats away at the profit margin the more that time passes.

Fast-forward to this week - I moved my own cell from Koodo to PM, to take advantage of the awesome 34.00 5Gspeed 50GB Can/US plan, and found out that the only rewards system available is the new one.

The new is definitely not anywhere as good as the old one (that my daughter's plan still has) - but all things considered, it is still better than any other plan/provider out there, so I am thankful for that.

Seriously, given the choices in Canada right now (and yes, I realize that PM and Koodo are owned by TELUS) - why would anyone (not) choose the PM plan ?  The value for your money is unbeatable.
What makes this even funnier, is the fact that not many people even know that PM exists !!! 
They don't spend tons of money on marketing/advertising, and you have limited locations where you can get a physical SIM, and even in those places, there's no PM signage anywhere....so it is like some kind of well-kept secret that PM is the best choice.

I hope this never changes.

@Jedi1 @And @Andy85  those in points get 1point every 30 days for friend referral same as $1 every 30 days for those on old $rewards 

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Oh good to know! I wasn't aware. I will make an update to my reference chart

Jedi1

@Andy85  Thanks for making the table, it is a great reference.  I do think the 1pt per month is available for referrals on the new system as well.   I am on points and it does say i can get them in the app.  

Andy85

@Teo0321 You're welcome! I figured I'd put something together since the question comes up often 🙂

Just to do quick some quick math for everyone, a $40 monthly plan with the 5% points back option will get you $2 worth of points every month.

For clients who have recently switched to Public Mobile, it's better than nothing obviously. For existing clients on the old legacy rewards, your current rewards heavily outweigh the amount you can earn from the points.

Teo0321

Wow, great stuff @Andy85! Thank you for making that

Andy85

@Nicholasj Here is a quick summary that I put together: 

Andy85_0-1701139125192.png

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Nicholasj wrote:

I have 3 year loyalty and have the $2 pre authorization bonus so i save $5 a month. If i were to activate the point system would i loose that?

@Nicholasj , please do not give up your old rewards benefits to switch to points! Every time I see someone thinking about switching to points I want to cry! I messed up badly by doing that when points started here & I have regretted it ever since! 😞 I have been here since 2019 so it was & continues to be a huge loss for me!

@Nicholasj  It does cap at $5 I’m on 90 day plan right now so your seeing my rewards x3 I only have 22 friends 

Nicholasj

Wow thats some insane savings. How did you get past $5 loyalty. I thought it capped out at 5? 66 friends aswell is crazy lol

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Nicholasj  Yes you will lose it DONOT switch to the point system it’s a one way street and no going back . Just do t even go in the rewards page and mistakenly switch to them stay away LOL keep your legacy $ rewards there far more lucrative 

Handy1_0-1701125882983.png

Need Help? Let's chat.