cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2022 'As long as you're with us' 2GBBonus Code - Disappearing Act :(

oblong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone else sign up with a $35 plan circa Jan 2022, and receive a 2GB bonus per month, "as long as you're with us'? Do you still have this add-on if so?

I've been on the $35 plan since joining PM Jan 2022. This is the first time I've noticed my data cutting off at 3GB. I enjoyed (and clearly used) that extra 2GB a month. 

If anyone can share their experience that would be appreciated! A little irritating considering the fine print does state, "*Activate on any plan $35 or more and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus for a limited time. For a limited time only."

My account hasn't been inactive nor have I changed my plan. Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

oblong

I don't have a data limiter, no. I'd burn through my 'bought' 3GB and the 'bonus' 2GB would always tide me over. I'm also on auto-renewal/auto-pay so it moves month to month without issue until, seemingly, now. I also would previously have the 2GB bonus data listed on my account page but now I have nothing other than the 3GB listed. 

Screenshot_20231007-073839.png

oblong

Thanks @kb_mv ! I did notice this & my mind immediately went to this being a tactic to move $35 monthly grandfathered plans to this new 90-day subscription model. I will look into it all the same as it does look like a hugely improved deal for me. 

HI @oblong 

so, you didn't make any plan change since joining?  The 2GB monthly offer is good "forever" unless you make a plan change.  PM has been good and I never hear people got it taken away.  If it was just a system mistake, submit ticket with agent and they will add it back

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And with that offer, you need to have $35 plan or more, if you are on the $35 plan, then yes, no current plan is cheaper from what you get still.  But if you have a $40 plan, then maybe you can try the $39 plan for 20GB, cheaper and a lot more data

@oblong wrote:

@Dunkman 

Thanks for reply; it was an online activation on 17th Jan 2022. Looks like I stopped receiving 2GB bonus data this month. That was a good 20 month run. As @kb_mv has pointed out, there are better deals for me out there now. Just very curious as to if anyone is/was in the same boat as me. And the language used around these promotions is a little questionable 🤔 Thanks!

@oblong 

If you really wanted, you could contact customer service agent to add the 2GB add on back.  However, as you mentioned, there are better and faster plans available these days.  Your old plan is not really competitive thee days, unless you are a low data user.  

Do you have a data limiter on your phone (if Android)? When did you last renew? How certain are you that you haven't used it all since that renewal?

oblong

Thanks very much, @HALIMACS. I appreciate you following up. I understand that there is a lot of grey area around the language used in these types of promotions. Undoubtedly I've had a really good deal/run of it. But it's that age old argument of principle etc. 

oblong

@Dunkman 

Thanks for reply; it was an online activation on 17th Jan 2022. Looks like I stopped receiving 2GB bonus data this month. That was a good 20 month run. As @kb_mv has pointed out, there are better deals for me out there now. Just very curious as to if anyone is/was in the same boat as me. And the language used around these promotions is a little questionable 🤔 Thanks!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@oblong 

Here is a link to the promo:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-2GB-of-monthly-bonus-data-fo...

Do you remember when you exactly activated?  Did you activate online (at home) or in store (vendor)?  

This promo deal was only for online activations. Customers who did in store activations only got the 2GB monthly data for certain number of months.  Other promo deals around this time only had the 2GB monthly data for certain number of months also.  

Indeed @kb_mv , I had thought about offering that option to the 'elderly' person I helped awhile back with the $35 bonus GB's plan.  

Funnily enough, they don't even burn through their allotted data now - however still an option.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@oblong Although this has nothing to do with your situation, PM has a special promotion on right now that is offering 20GB of 4G data for $34/month on a 90 day subscription. Seems like this would be a way better deal for you. If you are interested, click on the 20 GB for $39 and select the 90 day subscription which shows the discount. Be sure to select "change at next renewal" instead of "change now" as you won't be prorated for anything left on your old plan.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@oblong 

One of the folks I helped activate did so on that very plan at least 2 years ago.

I will follow up with them in a bit and help them get access to their self-serve account to confirm the data bonus is still in effect.

I, too, would hope that it ought to be.

Need Help? Let's chat.