cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Public Mobile

Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019

Hey Community,

 

On November 27, 2019, provincial and territorial governments will be conducting another test of the Alert Ready system. Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians. Test alerts educate Canadians on what an emergency alert will look and sound like in the event of a life-threatening situation.

 

The test alert will be distributed on TV, Radio and wireless. However, not all Canadians will receive the test alert on their mobile device. This may occur for a variety of reasons; device compatibility, connection to an LTE network, cell tower coverage and device software and settings.

 

 

To learn more about the Alert Ready service, what devices are supported, and the test schedule for your province or territory, visit alertready.ca.

 

-Public Mobile Community Team

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019


@Alan_K wrote

Hey Community,

 

On November 27, 2019, provincial and territorial governments will be conducting another test of the Alert Ready system. Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians. Test alerts educate Canadians on what an emergency alert will look and sound like in the event of a life-threatening situation.

 

The test alert will be distributed on TV, Radio and wireless. However, not all Canadians will receive the test alert on their mobile device. This may occur for a variety of reasons; device compatibility, connection to an LTE network, cell tower coverage and device software and settings.

 

 

To learn more about the Alert Ready service, what devices are supported, and the test schedule for your province or territory, visit alertready.ca.

 

-Public Mobile Community Team


Thanks so much for letting us know .. when the test alert will be coming .

kindly appreciate 

Mayor / Maire

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019

I finally get to test if my phone software properly blocks/allows SMS-CB msgs. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019


@Korth wrote:

I finally get to test if my phone software properly blocks/allows SMS-CB msgs. 


Blocking the sender doesn't work, but switching to 3g does.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019

I was recently in the states without roaming connected to AT&T and got a test through them.

I was once in Hawaii with a different carrier SIM and got that missile warning and also the retraction.

I haven't seen any tests or real ones here yet.

Mayor / Maire

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019


@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I finally get to test if my phone software properly blocks/allows SMS-CB msgs. 


Blocking the sender doesn't work, but switching to 3g does.


I do have _some_ confidence in my software. Since I downloaded, modded, and compiled it myself from the old Signal SMS source repository on github.

 

Still... results speak for themselves and there is no substitute for success. I can have it installed (with different settings) on several active devices during the test broadcast. I can't report actual results until afterwards. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019

Appriciate the notice. If possible it would be nice to know roughly the time of the test.

Oracle

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019


@Korth wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I finally get to test if my phone software properly blocks/allows SMS-CB msgs. 


Blocking the sender doesn't work, but switching to 3g does.


I do have _some_ confidence in my software. Since I downloaded, modded, and compiled it myself from the old Signal SMS source repository on github.

 

Still... results speak for themselves and there is no substitute for success. I can have it installed (with different settings) on several active devices during the test broadcast. I can't report actual results until afterwards. 


I just turned emergency notifications off on my phone.  So, I will get to test if that control works or not. 

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019

Good to know, hopefully it works as intended this time...

Re: Alert Ready Test on November 27, 2019


@will13am wrote:

 

I just turned emergency notifications off on my phone.  So, I will get to test if that control works or not. 


If it were that easy to disable, the dislike and complaints about the system probably wouldn't be as rampant.