Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Ready Test on November 15

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community,

On Wednesday, November 15, 2023 the Government of Canada will conduct an Alert Ready Test 📢 to compatible mobile devices in each province and territory. Alert Ready is designed to deliver critical and potentially life-saving alerts to Canadians. Test alerts educate Canadians on what an emergency alert will look and sound like in the event of a life-threatening situation.

The test message will be distributed on TV, radio and compatible wireless devicesThe emergency alert will display on customers' devices, accompanied by the alert sound, unless your phone is set to vibrate, silent or turned off. However, not all wireless devices will receive the test message. This may occur for various reasons; device compatibility, connection to an LTE network, cell tower coverage, and device software and settings.

To learn more about the Alert Ready service, what devices are supported, and the test schedule for your province or territory, visit alert ready.ca.

- Public Mobile Team 

6 REPLIES 6

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Worked for me (and for a friend). SMS-CB received. But kept quiet, contained, unobtrusive. Instead of full-blast startling annoying urgent in-your-face-rude-attention-demanding-right-now interruption. I'm going to keep all that noxious noise turned off like a selfish monster, lol, if I somehow don't notice the earthquake and tsunami and volcano outside then I've got bigger problems than an annoying alert system.

So they definitely broadcasted the test in the GVRD and FVRD areas of BC.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@SMajid 

I'm wondering the same thing?

@J_PM 

What's up with my main phone not recieving the alert? I was sitting here when all the screeching started on my TV and 3 phones (1 w/active service and 2 w/inactive service all android) but my moto g7+ did not recieve the alert? The one difference.....it's the only one that pm has chosen to provision with VoLTE.

SMajid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is like the amber alert, fire alert, evacuation alert, etc that government etc agencies send out to people in a particular area, or even province wide at times. This is just a test, while other ones are not tests. 

SMajid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I personally didn't receive the alert (I have an Android) but my wife, also on PM, did (iPhone). We both didn't have the block alert setting on, so kind of wondering what happened!? But I'm ok with that.

Korth_
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I've been waiting for a chance to confirm my modified message handler on my new phone will properly ignore these unwanted alerts.

https://github.com/signalapp/Signal-Android

Mandaxox87
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I'm gonna assume it's like the amber alerts?

Need Help? Let's chat.