cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support during COVID-19 situation

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. 

To have your questions answered as quickly as possible, access support 24/7 via our Help Articles, our chatbot SIMon, or start a conversation in our friendly Community. 

IMPORTANT: So what does this mean if I have an issue right now?

For the time being, we ask that you consider the following pointers about customer support:

• Please reach out to our Moderator team only if your matter is urgent so that we may prioritize critical cases first while support is run with fewer team members. 
  • The best way to submit a ticket with support remains with submitting a ticket via our virtual assistant, SIMon, so that our Moderators receive all the pertinent information from the get-go. Only one ticket submission per issue is required.
  • If your matter is not urgent, please use other methods of support until further notice, or consider holding off on the support request until a later point in time 

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time, as we continue to work together through these difficult times. This page will be updated as the situation develops.

-Public Mobile Community Team

220 REPLIES 220

Pop1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thankyou so much. Real nice to know someone is always there to help

regards

@Pop1  Your wise years led you in the right direction. We would not have been able to help you any more than advising you to contact the moderators. But stop by any time you have a question or an issue you think can be resolved by us rather than a moderator. Were always happy to help!

Pop1

Was really quite straight forward.

First of all I just turned 70 so the ol brain cell has slowed a bit.....

I ordered a sim and delivery just went pear shaped.

It hadn’t been scanned when it should have been to mark it’s journey and was then re-routed for some reason?Moderators helped in gaining the correct tracking number( and contact with Canada Post. I can now see through reading within the community that considering the complexity of some other members issues and the importance of getting them solved quickly made my enquire quite trivial.Under the present circumstances their understanding,the way I was treated and helped was the reason for my post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pop1 

Nice to hear good news stories.

Interesting that you went straight to the mods and not through here first. (unless you have another account)

Would you be willing to share what your problem was that they helped you with?

Pop1

Having just joined the community as a newbie,the recent help and support I received with my issue from Public was nothing short of amazing.Understanding,expertise and kindness was in abundance all along the way.If this is reduced response during the present situation then you guys are doing good and will be answering questions before I ask em when you get back to normal.Great ongoing job people.Stay safe everyone.

@veronicacoreas wrote:

I DID ALL THAT

IT CHARED ANOTHER 15 FROM MY CREDIT CARD ON FILE

NOW I HAVE 35 DOLLARS BALANCE AND STILL DONT HAVE SERVICE

IT DOESNT SHOW TO BE PAYING 15 DOLLARS BC IT DOESNT TELL ME IF I HAVE EXTRA 5 DOLLARS    FROM  THE 20 DOLLARS

Can you tell us:

How much tax where you charged on the $15?

If you could give is a screen shot of your account overview would be nice. But you will have to remove some things from it...like phone #, name,  referral code. 

What is the postal code in your profile?

@veronicacoreas  Go back to my post and review the points. If you have enough to cover your plan cost and you don't have the $25 plan. Go to the plans and add ons page. Choose the $25 plan. Scroll down and choose change plan now (immediately) and submit. Go to the overview page it should say active if not click on reactivate. Log out and reboot phone. You should have service. If not come back and well tell you what to do next.

veronicacoreas

CAN PUBLIC  GIVE ME ANOTHER SIM CARD FREE AND ILL ACTIVATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT AND TRANSFER MY 35 DOLLARS?  I NEED THIS SERVICE NOW

AND I WANT THE 25 DOLLARS UNLIMITED  LOCAL CALLS, I DONT CARE ABOUT INTERNATIONALL

veronicacoreas

I DID ALL THAT

IT CHARED ANOTHER 15 FROM MY CREDIT CARD ON FILE

NOW I HAVE 35 DOLLARS BALANCE AND STILL DONT HAVE SERVICE

IT DOESNT SHOW TO BE PAYING 15 DOLLARS BC IT DOESNT TELL ME IF I HAVE EXTRA 5 DOLLARS    FROM  THE 20 DOLLARS

Rusty
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Sounds like moderators are getting unpaid leave. If that is the case I am sorry. However we're all dealing with crap. If I have an issue with a service I do hope it gets resolved in short time.

/me buys Telus stock.

@veronicacoreas 

Did you get a resolution??

Important that you know that you aren't talking with Public Mobile customer service here. We are the first level of help solving many problems for customers. But you may ultimately need to deal with the moderators. We are just customers like you who are here for free offering assistance. So no, we can't change your number for you but we can help walk you through it.

You mention changing to a New Westminster number. Are you in the greater Vancouver area? Ultimately a number change can only fix people in your local area being able to call you. It sounded as though you had more problems than that which will not be related to your phone number. I haven't noticed if you've identified how long you have been a customer, was it working and then it just quit? Might your account gave been suspended due to it not renewing properly recently? $15 plan I'm guessing?

AE_Collector

@veronicacoreas  Its all making sense now....do the following:

1. Clear your browser.
  2. Reboot the device you are using to access your account.
  3. Open only one tab in secret/ incognito mode in chrome, Firefox or safari.
  4. Log into your account. Go to make a payment.
  5. If you already have a balance go to make a payment.
  6. Click on make a payment. Choose other. Type $15.00. Submit payment.
  7.  Go to overview page. If it says reactivate click on it. Should switch to active.
  8. Log out. Reboot phone. Check you have service.
  9. Log into your account. Go to change number. Follow instructions to change number.

2 things @veronicacoreas  

1. To reactive via your self service account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.

2. You have to change your number yourself. 

@veronicacoreas 

Are you getting an error message for the rejected number change?  What is it? Can you show us a screen shot?

veronicacoreas

i see you guys are responding

please help me fix this problem  and i prefer a 778  area  code   can you guys change and pay my plan asap

veronicacoreas

i tried taking a new west number  778  and it failed to change

looks like the 15 dollars are not applied yet to  cover the plan 15 dollars fee

where and how do i do that ?

still shows that i have 20 dollars

i need a fexed number now

236 covers the province but yes you want a local exchange number in 236. Has to be a set up problem as outgoing should work no matter what. OP implies has been a customer for months wanting a refund for months???

AE_Collector 

@LurganIeUk   I simplified the matter....the phone number is not in service.

@darlicious wrote:

@veronicacoreas  Something has gone wrong with your activation or are you absolutely sure that is the number given to you. Has your credit card been charged?

@darlicious 

The 236 number might not be for @veronicacoreas 's area of use. Like she is in Victoria but chose a Vancouver area number????

@veronicacoreas  Something has gone wrong with your activation or are you absolutely sure that is the number given to you. Has your credit card been charged?

@veronicacoreas 

Can you tell us which plan you picked?

plan3.jpg

@veronicacoreas wrote:

236 971 0132

i need a local number for vancouver

Then go into your account and change it. It is free. You can do it once a month. 

Choose the calling area carefully!!!

i havent been able to  get or dial calls out  unless i pay extra money

What plan are your on?????

Does not make sense. Calls out are Canada Wide

Incoming are free. 

You might have to add a 1 to your outbound calls...but still included in your plan. 

i am asking for a full refund of all months paid

i didnt get it why i was spending so much  in this

Uh....don't think that will happen. 

Take a different approach. 

CAN YOU  CHANGE MY NUMBER ASAP      TRY IT TO WORK IN BC INCOMING AND OUTGOING CALLS,

Sounds good...should I call you??

Which plan are you on? @veronicacoreas it's the second set of numbers that determine wether your number is local or not.  Ie xxx yyy xxxx. Check the CNAC website  http://www.cnac.ca/co_codes/co_code_status.htm  to see if yours is. If it isn't you may change your number from within your self service account once every 30 days.

20200325_014121.jpg

@veronicacoreas   Did you activate today? Have you rebooted your phone? Does your texting or data work? What plan are you on?

Please edit out your number....three dots top right corner of your screen. Then we can help.

veronicacoreas

i need a local number for vancouver

i havent been able to  get or dial calls out  unless i pay extra money

i am asking for a full refund of all months paid

i didnt get it why i was spending so much  in this

CAN YOU  CHANGE MY NUMBER ASAP      TRY IT TO WORK IN BC INCOMING AND OUTGOING CALLS,

edited by computergeek541: phone number removed

@kav2001c   With a few exceptions the response from moderators still appears to be timely...within 4 hours from other members posts. I've noticed they have 2 moderators overnight rather than the usual one. As long as your service request is not one of low priority then the response time should be in the normal range.

Million dollar question is whether Public has any reps working?

Koodo basically has no service now so do we have anyone left here?

Need Help? Let's chat.